mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey Protein + Amino Acid Pills

I been taking Whey Protein shakes after each workout, and I recently got some Amino Acid pills from a good friend of mine who has been working out for 2 years. (Dymatize Nutrition Super Amino 4800 MG)
    He said they work good.

When should I take the amino acid pills. Should I take them after I drink my protein shake?

Is taking one protein shake a day good? Directly after a workout.
    And, when should I take the amino acid pills.

Also, Where can I throw Omega-3 Pills into the equation.

All advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by mattitude14; 10-14-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Fixed.

BoingoBoingoBoingoBoingo TinyMan's Avatar
    TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Can you provide the name to these amino acid pills?

mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattitude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TinyMan View Post
    Can you provide the name to these amino acid pills?
    Sorry about that,

Dymatize Nutrition Super Amino 4800 MG is what they are called.

TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mattitude14 View Post
    Sorry about that,

Dymatize Nutrition Super Amino 4800 MG is what they are called.
    Originally Posted by Dymatize
    L-Alanine 654mg
    L-Aspartic Acid 1575mg
    L-Glutamic Acid 2562mg
    L-Histidine 324mg
    ††L-Leucine (BCAA) 1305mg
    ††L-Methionine 231mg
    L-Proline 861mg
    ††L-Threonine 801mg
    L-Tyrosine 450mg
    L-Arginine 726mg
    L-Cysteine 234mg
    Glycine 441mg
    ††L-Isoleucine (BCAA) 825mg
    ††L-Lysine (BCAA) 1086mg
    ††L-Phenylalanine 582mg
    L-Serine 763mg
    #††L-Tryptophan 246mg
    ††L-Valine (BCAA) 795mg
    So, that's what's in it. What you'll notice here is that there are... well, a lot of amino acids. Basically put, aminos can be put into three catagories, for our purposes:

BCAA's (branch chain amino acids): Leucine, Valine, Isoleucine

EAA's (Essential Amino Acids): isoleucine, leucine, valine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan. Note that the three BCAA's are contained within the EAA set.

NEAA (Non-Essential Amino Acids) - everything else (the other what, 14?)

An essential amino acid is a building block that cannot synthesize from other amino acids, at a rate to sustain ourselves (while it may be synthesized, inadequate amounts are produced). Non-essential aminos are ones that can be synthesized in adequate amounts for normal growth/sustainment.

This product contains both - it is best put as a 'broad spectrum' amino product. In fact, it is very similar to whey protein to profile for this product, because of one simple fact: it is.

Originally Posted by Dymatize
    Dymatize Super Amino 4800 is a high quality, high efficient protein source made from the finest proprietary blend of Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, and Free Form Amino Acids.
    Yup, they even say it. It's whey mixed with some extra amino acids (whey, as with any protein, is MADE from amino acids linked together!). So it's like your regular whey... just a lot more expensive. $20 for 75 servings, with just about 5g of whey/amino acid mix per serving. Nothing really special here... and as with all broad-spectrum amino products, I recommend against purchasing them. They have an untargeted purpose, and quite literally are whey in a pill - barely any different than buying a tub of protein powder (the only potential difference being the price, and a bit of free form amino acids... big deal).

Ok, so basically, these pills are the same thing as Whey protein, just more expensive, and less protein, if I understood that correctly. Sorry If I didn't, new to all this.

Now, im about to restock on WHEY, because I ran out. Are there any better proteins out there? I keep hearing about NO-Xplode, and NO SHOTGUN, etc.

Sorry for all the questions, just don't wanna waste my time, if I can be getting better results with other products.

Ok, so basically, these pills are the same thing as Whey protein, just more expensive, and less protein, if I understood that correctly. Sorry If I didn't, new to all this.
    Yes, you've got the idea of it. It's the same stuff, but more expensive (for all intents and purposes. Or at least, my purposes).

Now, im about to restock on WHEY, because I ran out. Are there any better proteins out there? I keep hearing about NO-Xplode, and NO SHOTGUN, etc.
    What protein are you currently taking? NO-Xplode is a pre-workout product, comprised of a bit of creatine, 'pump' product (the pump you get from working out lasts longer), and caffeine (the main stimulant in coffee). NO-Shotgun is eh... well, lets say for now it's pretty similar. It contains protein, amino acids, creatine, 'pump products, and various stimulants. I'm being intentionally vague, because I don't think you should use it yet.

Sorry for all the questions, just don't wanna waste my time, if I can be getting better results with other products.
    Never ask questions, never start learning.

Haha, I take it that I will be sticking to Whey for now.

Thanks.

Haha, I take it that I will be sticking to Whey for now.

Thanks.
    Not necessarily, but I don't think you should use NO-Xplode or NO-Shotgun. You could consider using creatine if you want, but it's optional. A basic set would look like:

Whey protein
    Fish Oil
    Multivitamin
    Creatine Monohydrate

Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Correct me if i'm wrong... but NO-Xplode, and NO SHOTGUN are not Whey protein... They are more like pre-workout supplements.

Originally Posted by Dietrying2009 View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong... but NO-Xplode, and NO SHOTGUN are not Whey protein... They are more like pre-workout supplements.
    NO-Shotgun contains about 10g of hydrolysate casein/whey and regular whey. Correct though, neither one should be considered a whey protein product.

Yeah, I was thinking that they were a Protein Product, just like WHEY Protein.

But I now understand that they are not. But I was basically asking if I would be better off with getting those instead of WHEY. That's what I meant by that.

Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dietrying2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    But I was basically asking if I would be better off with getting those instead of WHEY. That's what I meant by that.
    I would probably recommend getting a 100% Whey product for post-workout usage. The 2 products above appear to be good for pre-workouts.

benoinair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Nice Info

I would probably recommend getting a 100% Whey product for post-workout usage. The 2 products above appear to be good for pre-workouts.
    Thanks a lot for the info as even i was confused between Amino Tablets from Dymatize and Whey Protein from British Nutrition. Now after reading through your conversation i feel Whey is the best Pre-workout option!

One doubt, i am a bit muscular but with fat that i am burning off with cardio..can u suggets me something that i should include with Whey Protein..to get in shape. Please no steroids

Thanks a ton
    Cheers
    ~Ben

kays786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi bro am using amino max pills 2 before workout and 2 after workout .

Also am using whey protine gold standard

My question

When should I use whey protines?

Is it OK in morning after breakfast then pills before gym and after gym ?

Pls reply