diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Does anger, rage and aggression increase testosterone levels?

I'm not sure which section to post this but here goes. I know high testosterone = more aggression. Is it true the other way around?

the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not even really true. Steroids and high testosterone basically cause you to be more emotional. People that already have a temper will have an increased temper. People that are depressed will be more depressed. People that are typically happy will be happier. Etc.

But no, you getting angry and **** will not cause you to increase your testosterone.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

Watchout your comment bro EEytonJones's Avatar
    EEytonJones is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EEytonJones is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EEytonJones is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EEytonJones is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EEytonJones is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EEytonJones is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EEytonJones is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EEytonJones is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EEytonJones is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EEytonJones is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EEytonJones is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    that

malcore1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) malcore1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) malcore1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) malcore1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) malcore1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) malcore1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) malcore1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) malcore1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) malcore1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) malcore1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) malcore1991 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    high test has can correlate to more aggression, that doesn't mean it causes more agression. Correlation does not lead to causation

diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    aww dang, I punched a door and flipped over a desk today at work in a fit of rage, normally im shy and quiet. My heart was beating fast and I felt weird but good- i liked it. I usually keep my anger inside and never let it out. I was hoping I could channel it and use it, ill get more testosterone and better muscle gains.
    Last edited by diablo2032; 10-14-2009 at 09:55 AM.

the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by diablo2032 View Post
    aww dang, I punched a door and flipped over a desk today a work today in a fit of rage, normally im shy and quiet. My heart was beating fast and I felt weird but good- i liked it. I usually keep my anger inside and never let it out. I was hoping I could channel it and use it, ill get more testosterone and better muscle gains.
    You can use anger and aggression to release adrenaline in your body, and that would allow you to lift freak weights. Two methods: Epi-Pen or figuring out how to control all of those things like David Blane.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

ONX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not sure which section to post this but here goes. I know high testosterone = more aggression. Is it true the other way around?
    @the1satanfears: As long as there are no studies specificially showing that rage does NOT increase testosterone, don't deny the possibility outright! How arrogant!

I have read a study that has shown that the awaitance of a competitive situation, acompanied by the feeling that you'll end up victorious, produced increased testosterone levels.

An example from countless personal experiences: If I'm raging against someone who pissed me off, my ego get's bloated and I just don't let the thought of losing a competition get into my mind (e.g.: I WILL KILL THIS MOTHERUFKCERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR).
    And this is the situation described in the above study.

so yes, i assume that RAGE CAUSES TESTOSTERONE or can do so under certain conditions at least.

for rage-inducing music, i recently totally got into bands like "SUICIDE SILENCE".
    Last edited by ONX; 11-18-2010 at 03:17 AM.

bigjamiel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigjamiel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigjamiel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was wondering the same thing as I'm constantly raging! If your aggression is caused by stress then test levels will be damaged however being angry allways helps you lift more! I think higher test levels equal more aggression tho, not the other way around.

lilzzs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilzzs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilzzs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilzzs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilzzs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilzzs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilzzs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilzzs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilzzs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilzzs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilzzs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anger releases an enzyme called Seratonin

Serotonin is a monoamine neurotransmitter. It plays a part in the regulation of mood, sleep, learning and constriction of blood vessels (vasoconstriction). A low level of serotonin in the space between nerve cells is connected to depression. Serotonin is created in the body from the amino acid tryptophan. Serotonin may also have a role in appetite, vomiting, migraine and anxiety.

The_Sorrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The_Sorrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The_Sorrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The_Sorrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The_Sorrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The_Sorrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The_Sorrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The_Sorrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The_Sorrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The_Sorrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The_Sorrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'd be fun to walk around all day long raging at everyone and everything,bashing doors and being pissed off at every little obstacles. Then see some huge gains.

If it would work like that, we'd live a 20% rage uprising in all america.

Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You don't know anything. They are in no way directly correlated. I however noticed, as well as those around me noticed, that when my test dropped significantly, that's when I had out of control rage and aggression. At my normal levels (very high for most other people), I am very calm and chill.

biglifterpart2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biglifterpart2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biglifterpart2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biglifterpart2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biglifterpart2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biglifterpart2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biglifterpart2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biglifterpart2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biglifterpart2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biglifterpart2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biglifterpart2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Roman_God View Post
    You don't know anything. They are in no way directly correlated. I however noticed, as well as those around me noticed, that when my test dropped significantly, that's when I had out of control rage and aggression. At my normal levels (very high for most other people), I am very calm and chill.

your so fat compared to me roman god.
    posting picture of me soon

won't let me till i have 30+ post.

babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by biglifterpart2 View Post

roman god may be fatter and weaker than you, but what he lacks in size/lean ness, he makes up for in heart.

Fike75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fike75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fike75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fike75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fike75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fike75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fike75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fike75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fike75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fike75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fike75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This.

Good points. Its mostly an emotional relationship.
    My goal is to get as big as possible while weighing under 200lbs.

Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know one thing is for sure...when I am furious, I can lift a ton of weight compared to my normal maxes.

ONX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I noticed, as well as those around me noticed, that when my test dropped significantly, that's when I had out of control rage and aggression. At my normal levels (very high for most other people), I am very calm and chill.
    Hmm.. interesting. I have a hypothetical explanation for this, that might be as well be absolutely wrong, depending on your character (but i don't excpect you to agree with it anyways):

There are alot of people who show aggressive behaviour as a compensation for low self-esteem. A drop in testo will lower self-esteem in most people (proven fact). Maybe therefore, you fell back into older behavioural patterns.

edit: i also think, there are diffrent types of rage. Like BigJamiel allready mentioned, there's one type linked to stress / sadness or despair. But the kinda rage described in my last post might differ in some aspects, raising confidence and possibly mood or testosterone (but certainly provocability as well, as i noticed on myself).
    Last edited by ONX; 12-18-2010 at 07:11 AM.

Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    test raises aggression.

aggression however raises adrenaline which can help you lift more which could raise test
    20kg=44lbs, 30kg=66lbs, 40kg=88lbs, 50kg=110lbs, 60kg=132lbs, 70kg=154lbs, 80kg=176lbs, 90kg=198lbs, 100kg=220, 110kg=242lbs, 120=264lbs, 130kg=286lbs

Promera Health Con Cret Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132214563&page=2

"Fitted Hat Crew"

Aesthetic Powerlifter Staliyo_Lycan's Avatar
    Staliyo_Lycan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Staliyo_Lycan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Staliyo_Lycan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Staliyo_Lycan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Staliyo_Lycan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Staliyo_Lycan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Staliyo_Lycan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Staliyo_Lycan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Staliyo_Lycan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Staliyo_Lycan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Staliyo_Lycan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    aggression links to adrenalin

but wouldn't anger, rage and aggression link to stress which is catabolic or decreases testosterone or some shit? (not sure if true or bro-science)
    U90KG/198LB Powerlifter
    IFBB Mens Physique competitor

Best lifts:
    Bench : 200kg/441lb ( paused )
    Squat : 300kg/661lb ( wrapped )
    Deadlift : 265kg/585lb x 4

Instagram: @_kevinyuan

Sunfyre7896 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Researchers have just found that in reality, increased anger DOES IN FACT, increase levels of testosterone production. Here are the links: w.ww.livestrong.com/article/170803-anger-aggressive-behavior/ .....and..... w.ww.physorg.com/news194528309.html .....and........... ht.tp://health.usnews.com/health-news/family-health/brain-and-behavior/articles/2010/06/04/anger-spurs-surprising-changes-in-the-body

Guess that explains the gains made after psyching up for the big game, especially in football. Get angry and get more test. ;( = (y)

wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000)
    aww dang, I punched a door and flipped over a desk today at work in a fit of rage, normally im shy and quiet. My heart was beating fast and I felt weird but good- i liked it. I usually keep my anger inside and never let it out. I was hoping I could channel it and use it, ill get more testosterone and better muscle gains.
    Thats called being a teenager. Hello puberty.

Originally Posted by biglifterpart2 View Post

Tsktsktsk. Red. Get out.
    Need a bit of change for sups? This is what I use, and its totally legit.
    http://www.cashcrate.com/2476533
    The story of my life, a must read:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=635736623#post635736623
    Pm me if you have any questions/concerns or need advice about drugs or depression.
    1K+
    Reps for life: Strength.Honor, N4J4R, Spiderman997
    Lifetime goals. B: 545, S: 700ATG D:850. Haters gonna hate, but I WILL accomplish them.

jqbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

I found an article that contains some pretty interesting claims on this very topic. In short, it argues that anger causes increased testoserone release and decreased cortisol release. Stay angry, my friends.

Oh, I cannot post URLs yet, so just Google the study's title, "Anger and testosterone: evidence that situationally-induced anger relates to situationally-induced testosterone." It is on the governement's NIH site.