fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Right tan for Competition

Hi.....I am competing in my first fitness figure competition and wasn't sure the best way to get a great tan. I am looking into a salon that does airbrushing tans and they also have a spray booth...has anyone used this method before?? I don't want to spray myself as that may not work out right.....your feedback would be so helpful!!!! Thanks!

Angela

Building a winning body Lazedays's Avatar
    Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just bought protans overnight comp color and am having my husband paint brush it on. 2 coats and I should be all set.
    Pain is temporary and Pride is forever

"Citius, altius, fortius...swifter, higher, stronger."

REAL WOMEN LIFT WEIGHT....LOTS OF IT

TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do spray tan and tan in a bed for a couples weeks before then,

Friday 2 coats of hi def by Jan Tana paint on myself (this stuff is easy to use I get the kit)
    Saturday morning 1-2 coats same stuff
    Tamee Marie
    IFBB Pro Fitness
    Go Figure Suits by Tamee Marie
    http://www.tameemarie.webs.com

elitebronzing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fitgirl99 View Post
    Hi.....I am competing in my first fitness figure competition and wasn't sure the best way to get a great tan. I am looking into a salon that does airbrushing tans and they also have a spray booth...has anyone used this method before?? I don't want to spray myself as that may not work out right.....your feedback would be so helpful!!!! Thanks!

Angela
    You will not be dark enough going this route. If money is a concern, then get the Jan Tana Hi Def kit or the Liquid Sun Rayz and apply yourself the day before. With the newer generation competiton products, there is NO need to use a tanning bed for a base color.
    I am the owner of a spray tanning company called EliteBronzing.com and I travel throughout the New England area spray tanning competitors.

fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitgirl99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Dark Enough

Thanks for your feedback I spoke to the salon and they would spray my Protan on and then I can do their auto bronzing booth the next day to get dark enough........will that work then? You have to be really dark? I notice every competitor is a different shade.

Originally Posted by TameMe View Post
    I do spray tan and tan in a bed for a couples weeks before then,

Friday 2 coats of hi def by Jan Tana paint on myself (this stuff is easy to use I get the kit)
    Saturday morning 1-2 coats same stuff

billabong is on a distinguished road. (+10) billabong is on a distinguished road. (+10) billabong is on a distinguished road. (+10) billabong is on a distinguished road. (+10) billabong is on a distinguished road. (+10) billabong is on a distinguished road. (+10) billabong is on a distinguished road. (+10) billabong is on a distinguished road. (+10) billabong is on a distinguished road. (+10) billabong is on a distinguished road. (+10) billabong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When you think you're dark enough, do another 2 coats lol the lights on those stages wash out your colour quite drastically. *Not speaking from personal experience, my mate entered a comp and he wasn't dark enough..*

Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink

Thanks for your feedback I spoke to the salon and they would spray my Protan on and then I can do their auto bronzing booth the next day to get dark enough........will that work then? You have to be really dark? I notice every competitor is a different shade.
    The darker you are the better! It will look absolutely ridiculous when you see yourself in a mirror but on stage it will be perfect. If you are using protan, you may need about 6 coats total, which means you have to start several days before the competition to allow enough time for it to set between coats. Also it will take forever to scrub off (once it took me over 1 week).
    From personal experience I also like the Jan Tana high def. I love the color and it comes off much faster and easier. Put on 2 coats the day before (either spray or by hand) and 2 coats the day of. Since this is your first time I highly reccomend getting sprayed, it will make things easier and you already have a lot on your plate to prepare yourself for the contest.

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would not mix competition color and the color at your local salon. You don't know what the result will be, with possible PH issues. Just pick a show color and go with that. Personally, I prefer Jan Tana.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Wink

Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    I would not mix competition color and the color at your local salon. You don't know what the result will be, with possible PH issues. Just pick a show color and go with that. Personally, I prefer Jan Tana.
    Agreed!!!

Jan Tana is the way to go.

pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just a quick question...my comp is Sunday and I had planned to get spray tanned at the show....is this enough or should I do something before hand? I am somewhat tan now and have been going to the tanning bed this week to get a little darker but should I use a Jan Tana tomorrow, and if so, where can I find this?