keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

super deadlift vs. trap bar

Is there much difference between the open sided super deadlift bar and a standard trap/hex bar?

power-systems.com/p-2441-super-deadlift-bar.aspx

Preference?

Thanks.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    as long as the balance point is the same, then no, they work the same, one doesn't have a back and may not handle as much weight due to that though
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have and like a trapbar.

if i could do it all over again i would get one that can go in a power rack.
    Dont have negative thoughts. Remember your mantra.

AndItStonedMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by johnderriLLL View Post
    if i could do it all over again i would get one that can go in a power rack.
    Do you know off hand a site that sells these on this side of the Atlantic? Google only found UK dealers.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Two companys that will do a cumstom order for a trap bar:

http://www.trapbartraining.com/quest...ar_custom.html

http://www.fractionalplates.com/cgi-...&catalogno=2.1

These can be added to any shrug bar to make it fit a rack:

http://www.fractionalplates.com/cgi-...&catalogno=3.1
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Two companys that will do a cumstom order for a trap bar:

http://www.trapbartraining.com/quest...ar_custom.html

http://www.fractionalplates.com/cgi-...&catalogno=2.1

These can be added to any shrug bar to make it fit a rack:

http://www.fractionalplates.com/cgi-...&catalogno=3.1
    Wildtim, you got me all excited with that last link. As I scrolled down the page I was thinking "Oooh, I gotta get those". Then I saw the price............$210. Darn it!
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    "Solid Stainless Steel" not cheap

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was thinking the open sided super deadlift bar might be good for loading up and doing farmer's walks with in the yard. With the open side in the front it would be easier to walk with and drop without tripping.

Sound reasonable?

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't think you'll trip with the trap bar but I haven't tried walking with mine.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    I was thinking the open sided super deadlift bar might be good for loading up and doing farmer's walks with in the yard. With the open side in the front it would be easier to walk with and drop without tripping.

Sound reasonable?
    I suppose it depends on how long your arms are. I don't think it would be a problem with a normal trap bar considering where it would hang to.

I think the super deadlift bar was only rated to something like 400#'s though. Thats why not to many guys seem interested in them, by the time you would really want a more comfortable bar or be into it enough to get one you will be past that ones safe weight limit.

GetStronger09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GetStronger09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GetStronger09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GetStronger09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GetStronger09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GetStronger09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GetStronger09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GetStronger09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GetStronger09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GetStronger09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GetStronger09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    I suppose it depends on how long your arms are. I don't think it would be a problem with a normal trap bar considering where it would hang to.

I think the super deadlift bar was only rated to something like 400#'s though. Thats why not to many guys seem interested in them, by the time you would really want a more comfortable bar or be into it enough to get one you will be past that ones safe weight limit.
    I was ready to buy one of these Super Deadlift bars, then did a search on Google and found this thread.

Thanks Wildtim for the heads up! Although I don't lift over 400 lbs yet, its good to know the weight limitations of this bar.

I'll just get a trap/hex bar instead. Thanks!
    Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112094921

Current Weight PR's / Goals for June 2010
    OHP - 1x115 lbs / 3x5 - 125 lbs
    BP - 3x1 - 172.5 lbs / 5x2 - 185 lbs
    SQ - 5x2 - 245 lbs / 5x2 - 275 lbs
    DL - 1x5 - 350 lbs / 1x5 - 385 lbs

boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000)
    the point i always make to people is that my trap bar is 7ft and fits inside my rack. if you ahve a rack and limited space you may want to make sure you get one that is 7ft long.

tim
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 12

https://www.youtube.com/user/solvedphysicsproblem

117 videos showing the solutions to all highschool physics problems that could possibly come up.