feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Jack3d doseage and timing advice please

Today I tried Jack3d and I used 6 oz of cold water with only 1 scoops worth (5g). After ~10 minutes, I felt somewhat energized with a slight tingling sensation over most of my body. The tub states to wait 30 to 45 minutes after taking it so I waited 30 minutes and started my training session. I finished somewhat faster than usual with more energy but nothing insane or crazy.

How long do you wait after taking Jack3d before training?

Should I increase my dose to 1.5 scoops (7.5g - 8g) and then I should be okay?

BenoBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenoBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenoBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenoBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenoBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenoBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenoBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenoBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenoBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenoBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenoBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    take 2 scoops

GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Man I was taking Jack3d about a half hour before my workout and could really feel it kicking in towards the end of my 45 minute workout. I switched to taking it about an hour before my workout and found that is about the right time for it to kick in at the start of my workout. I am taking 2 scoops.

It also keeps me awake at bedtime if I take it within about 5 hours of bedtime. I am however sensitive to caffeine/ energy supps as I do not consume caffeine any other time.

Good product. Really like it over Monster Pump, which made me have to crap before each workout.

8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    try upping the dose a bit, but definately make sure you wait at least a half hour. most pre's i can drink on way to gym but this one was much better when i waited longer.

also, what's your eating schedule?

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by feedbag View Post
    Today I tried Jack3d and I used 6 oz of cold water with only 1 scoops worth (5g). After ~10 minutes, I felt somewhat energized with a slight tingling sensation over most of my body. The tub states to wait 30 to 45 minutes after taking it so I waited 30 minutes and started my training session. I finished somewhat faster than usual with more energy but nothing insane or crazy.

Try 1.5 scoops, see how it goes. You can go all the way up to 3 scoops if needed. But go slowly up.

Make sure you don't eat food for 2 hours prior to taking it (it will reduce the effects). Don't drink a shake for at least an hour (1.5-2 is better) prior.

Take it ~~30 mins before your workout. But play around with the timing, it works diff for everyone. If you feel the effects hit you in 15 mins then take it 15 mins pre. If it takes 40 then take it sooner.

ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000)
    3 scoops, wait 30-40 min, hit the weights hard. def take it atleast 5 hours BEFORE bed, or you'll be up all night, trust me =/

Registered User thelastpolarbear's Avatar
    thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I take my 2 scoops 40 minutes before lifting. I take it at 5:20pm and lift at 6. I eat my preworkout meal at 4. Focus usually kicks in just as I get ready to leave for the gym and energy kicks in once I get there.
    I don't really care how much I lift, just how much I can look like I lift. u mad?

SC_Inc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SC_Inc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SC_Inc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SC_Inc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SC_Inc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SC_Inc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SC_Inc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SC_Inc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SC_Inc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SC_Inc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SC_Inc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually take it and leave straight for the gym so maybe like 30 minutes before?

Also heard through my store GNC website is having deal of the day with Jack3d for only $21.99. Pretty crazy I live off this stuf!

feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10) feedbag is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I will slightly increase my dose from 1 scoop to 1.5 scoops using 6 oz water and see if that's just enough for me.

When I weight train on the weekends, I train on an empty stomach and no protein shake prior. Only immediately afterwards do I have my protein shake.

Normally during the work week, I have my last mini meal at 3pm, take my No2 Black at about 4pm, take my Jack3d about 4:30pm, wait until it kicks in and start weight training. Could be ~15 minutes I really feel it start to kick in, could be longer. Then I "sip" 1/2 of my protein shake during the training and immediately afterwards, finish the remainder of it.

For some reason, White Flood made me almost sick and I had to force myself to workout and I had no energy increase either, weird.

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just a few thoughts:

what's in Jack3d, and why take it?

Geranium (1,3-Dimethylamylamine or Methylhexamine)

-- not a lot in the literature to support anything about this

Schizandrol A

Schizandrol A will help keep cortisol at bay so you can get bigger, stronger & leaner!

-- actually cortisol is an important part of our hormonal process. and its main tested effect is around the CNS and potentially anti-oxidative effects. and it's all pretty experimental at this stage. in other words, nothing super duper well established about how it works for human performance - as far as i can tell - have checked with colleagues.

Methylxanthines (Caffeine & Theophylline)

-- now we know how caffeine works - at least a bit better - and it's up there with l-tyrosine as a perker upper.

and caffeine works in really small doses
    http://www.begin2dig.com/2009/07/sma...ne-can-be.html

Beta-Alanine
    -- this is a bit of a cheater. Take BA and you'll feel all buzzy and perky. The thing is it's also recently surprisingly showing up as not bad in HIIT for endurance. that's a surprise.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19210788

and it's big on muscular endurance too
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18548362

it may just be the next creatine, but it does give a person a buzz. a tingle - no one knows why exactly.

Creatine Monohydrate
    ok, nuff said - don't need to sing its benefits, right?

L-arginine alpha-ketoglutarate (AAKG)
    maybe - very little testing
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16928472
    but it's a protein doing protein kinda things found in like whey protein, ya?

SO, very similar results it seems just from pro/cho/crm taken just before and just after workouts (discussion here: http://www.begin2dig.com/2009/10/nut...rence-for.html)

So, nice to get creatine with pre/post workout - only need 3-5 g a day.
    likewise putting BA close to a workout good.
    maybe some caffeine/tyrosine IF you need to get jacked up for that particular workout.
    but isn't it nice to kinda control your own spike? and maybe wait on the Schizandrol A and Geranium to pay for it until there's a little more evidence it actually does what's claimed for performance??

just a thought. maybe this is fine, but there may be better ways to combine these for optimal effect.

thoughts?

mc

a_nub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a_nub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a_nub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a_nub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tried jack3d today for the 1st time.. took 3 scoops about 20-30 mins before hitting the gym.. felt almost nothing I even took a nap after I got home from the gym. haha

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

3 scoops. Don't be a sissy.

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ya but - all these dose recommendations - how do you know how much of any ONE of these elements you're actually getting, such that one is enough or one is too much?

Again, going to creatine, we know that max's are 3-5g a day, and likely you want that much around both before and after a workout, so how much do you get in a serving?

In the caffeine mix - how much caffeine or geranium or anything else are you getting of that 153 mg?

of that arganine, creatine, b-a mix 3500g, how much of each are you getting?

25$ for 225g for 45 servings
    55c a serving of what?

you can get 500 g of creatine for about 8.99$
    100g of BA for 4.10
    you can get the argAAKG in your whey which you likely take anyway,
    but if you want
    100g/4.80

and caffeine for 100g/4

So, you could build your own stack for your own purposes for a fraction of the cost, AND you'd know how much of each element is actually in a serving - so you'd know if you were over or underdoing creatine for the day; you could get your BA before your workout and keep the creatine for after as well, and only add in caffeine if you feel you need/want it. And maybe think about using l-tyrosine or taurine instead?

Just some ideas.

mc
    Last edited by mc-; 10-12-2009 at 01:08 AM.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mc- View Post
    Ya but - all these dose recommendations - how do you know how much of any ONE of these elements you're actually getting, such that one is enough or one is too much?
    Some has been disclosed. 60-75 mg of caffeine and 1 gram of creatine per scoop.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    Some has been disclosed. 60-75 mg of caffeine and 1 gram of creatine per scoop.
    ok that's really interesting. thanks.

because of proprietary blends, it's unlikely they'd want to say what the proportions are of the other ingredients which just kinda says "trust me" on them.

Folks may be interested in a research summary discussion of caffeine and performance (link)

As little as 5mg can be an effective performance boost; knowing the right strategy for an athlete is multifactorial. Here's an interesting quote
    Lower doses can be as effective as higher doses during exercise performance without any negative coincidence; after a period of cessation, restarting caffeine intake at a low amount before performance can provide the same ergogenic effects as acute intake;
    so far, i'm liking rolling my own stuff

anyone else roll their own?

mc

triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I like to begin sipping Jack3d 30 min preworkout and continue sipping right up to the start of my workout.

Try increasing the dosage by a half scoop each workout until you get the intended effect. I would not go more than 3 scoops though!

-triple

dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great advice triple.
    USPlabs Representative. Alpha Manlet.

Deadlift: 525 lbs at 164 lb body weight. No straps. 3.2 x bw.
    Squat: 260 lbs x 15 reps to parallel at 164 body weight. No belt. No wraps.
    Dumbbell Bench Press: 100 lb dumbbells x 14 reps at 164 lb body weight.

Jwilliams2 is just really nice. (+1000) Jwilliams2 is just really nice. (+1000) Jwilliams2 is just really nice. (+1000) Jwilliams2 is just really nice. (+1000) Jwilliams2 is just really nice. (+1000) Jwilliams2 is just really nice. (+1000) Jwilliams2 is just really nice. (+1000) Jwilliams2 is just really nice. (+1000) Jwilliams2 is just really nice. (+1000) Jwilliams2 is just really nice. (+1000) Jwilliams2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you take 3 scoops i dont know how you will get out the gym only way i could think of is to die while lifting weights lol
    NutritionLeaders

B-520
    S-850 (w/wraps)
    D-725

barpittsburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I take 2 scoops of jack3d about 30-40 minutes prior to my workout along with 2-3 grams of L-Arginine to open up my vascularity and get some real good pumps. 3 scoops bothered my stomach but with 2 scoops I am good to go.

triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jwilliams2 View Post
    If you take 3 scoops i dont know how you will get out the gym only way i could think of is to die while lifting weights lol
    LOL tell me about it!

Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Went through some jacked already and tried to get some more at vitamin shoppe but they were sold out so I picked up some of that new Dymatize preworkout product. I highly recommend jacked for everyone because of the price (besides making your own) and its very simple but effective.