Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Fun with the welder

Awhile back I bought a parabody thigh machine for $15 and stripped all the junk off it to make a dumbbell bench.

It worked good except for I always seem to be tripping over the front support(backing up with db's) and the whole bench was kinda big for what it is.

Got me a little wire welder and spent a couple hours today playing surgery on the bench. There are no bolts on the bench now except for the pads, nice & sturdy. I didn't have any white paint so I used some gray hammer paint I use for my weights.

I think it came out pretty well for a novice welder like me. After a few more little jobs like this I may tackle making some real gym machinery.
    Last edited by Skidmarx; 10-10-2009 at 07:01 PM.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looks pretty nice.

LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nice, until the welds fail and the bench snaps backwards
    315x4 (7/23/14) - Goal 365
    330x6 (7/24/14) - Goal 435
    485 (7/7/14) - Goal 505

RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great job!
    ll-ll NOBODY SAID BODYBUILDING WAS EASY ll-ll

boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000)
    save the extra metal for your next job.

tim
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 12

https://www.youtube.com/user/solvedphysicsproblem

117 videos showing the solutions to all highschool physics problems that could possibly come up.

captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Very nice Skid. Whenever I get around to building my garage.I plan on doing the same thing.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 23 []---[]

"I don't have time to lift, I make time"

Once, at my local gym, I went into the locker room to take a leak. There was this little hairy, naked guy (probably my age) with it swinging down to his knee. He was really showing it off and smiled at me (WTF?!?) and winked. Me, being me, told him out loud, "if you want to impress me with that, have it hold up a barbell with 2 plates a side."

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In with everybody else. Looks great skid.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

corn68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corn68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corn68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corn68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corn68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corn68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corn68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corn68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corn68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corn68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corn68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good job.

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    very nice. definately keep the extra metal around.

i have a few quick things to weld up before winter- my dad's taking his welder with him to florida this year, so if i don't get them done before i'll have to wait till he comes home.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

TRUE I REGRESSED the_dark_master's Avatar
    the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Sweeet!
    http://homemadegymstuff.blogspot.com/

supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice ive got some work for ya...lol
    Some People are nothing more than a skid-mark on the toilet bowl of life, never let them bring you down the drain with them
    Currently ranked 6th Total @Powerliftingwatch.com Masters rankings @220 Raw
    # 36 Mens 1565 RAW TOTAL
    UPA NAtionals Winner 4-17-2011

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid

BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

$15 ? plus paint ? AWESOME ?
    and some elbow work /grease

TOO SWEET ! SIR

Registered User mensagitatmolem's Avatar
    mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Looks good.

A question for you; are you aware the easiest way to break/cut welds? I have a 10' dumbbell rack that needs to get out of the basement. Unfortunately some remodel work has been done since it made it down there, and now it is unable to leave in the same shape it came down there. Will need to have at least 1 or 2 of the legs(3 legs in total) be off. The steel it is made of is thick, so not able to hacksaw it down, and do not want to take a grinder to it, as the basement is now finished with carpet. Thanks.

morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mensagitatmolem View Post
    A question for you; are you aware the easiest way to break/cut welds? I have a 10' dumbbell rack that needs to get out of the basement. Unfortunately some remodel work has been done since it made it down there, and now it is unable to leave in the same shape it came down there. Will need to have at least 1 or 2 of the legs(3 legs in total) be off. The steel it is made of is thick, so not able to hacksaw it down, and do not want to take a grinder to it, as the basement is now finished with carpet. Thanks.
    pity because grinding is the best way. surely u can cover with old rugs or something.
    otherwise just drill enough holes in the region to make it weak enough to bend the legs & snap them off.

Keeptryin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keeptryin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keeptryin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keeptryin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keeptryin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keeptryin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keeptryin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keeptryin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keeptryin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keeptryin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keeptryin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Jealous.Im in dire need of a lowback chair like that,more comfortable doing seated presses.Good work,id buy that.

btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Awhile back I bought a parabody thigh machine for $15 and stripped all the junk off it to make a dumbbell bench.

It worked good except for I always seem to be tripping over the front support(backing up with db's) and the whole bench was kinda big for what it is.

Got me a little wire welder and spent a couple hours today playing surgery on the bench. There are no bolts on the bench now except for the pads, nice & sturdy. I didn't have any white paint so I used some gray hammer paint I use for my weights.

I think it came out pretty well for a novice welder like me. After a few more little jobs like this I may tackle making some real gym machinery.
    Do you still have the parts that you removed from this machine? I have one of these that my wife uses and since parabody is out of business, spare parts are good to have!

Todd
    Those that think they can and those that think they can't are both right.

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can use a chop saw with a special cutting disc, its makes a straighter cut than a grinder.

Looks good.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50) btoddkelley will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Keeptryin View Post
    Jealous.Im in dire need of a lowback chair like that,more comfortable doing seated presses.Good work,id buy that.
    I have a parabody preacher curl that makes a great low back chair. The seat is low and the vertical pad can be lowered enough to where it perfectly supports the back during dumbell presses.

Todd

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by btoddkelley View Post
    Do you still have the parts that you removed from this machine? I have one of these that my wife uses and since parabody is out of business, spare parts are good to have!

Todd
    Yes I do. There's a couple of pin selector plates that might be good for building a pec dec/rear delt fly combo machine. I'm already working out plans to use one of the pulley brackets to make a lat pulldown setup for my rack.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Skid awesome job!!!!

How hard was it to learn to use, and what experience did you have coming in?

I've wanted to learn welding and farmer welds will be all I'd probably need for what I want to do but I really know very little about working metal.

Looks good.

You can cold chisel through the welds, or use a reciprocating saw to cut it to pieces, or use a metal cutting wheel on your circular saw, or just have a lot more patience with the hack saw (I've used all three saws above to cut 1/2 inch steel made into I-beams it just takes time). No matter what you do use drop cloths to protect the finished basement, metal filings end up everywhere, and suck as slivers.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Registered User mensagitatmolem's Avatar
    mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the suggestions and tips. I own most of the things that were discussed, and will get to that project this week, after what is looking like a root canal and crown.

To stay on track with the original subject, wanted to bring back up the link that wildtim had mentioned last month. Sorry for not being able to post with direct link.

craftsmanspace.com/free-projects/free-fitness-equipment-plans

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Really nice work SM, its really good when you can do projects yourself.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Yes I do. There's a couple of pin selector plates that might be good for building a pec dec/rear delt fly combo machine. I'm already working out plans to use one of the pulley brackets to make a lat pulldown setup for my rack.
    Well I had to ask! If you build the pec deck I will look forward to the pictures!

Todd

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good job I did made my own bar and had it welded I've had 400 lbs on it don't worry about it breaking.

Last edited by ExtremistPullup; 10-11-2009 at 05:45 PM.
    Pullups Max reps: 40 reps
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Bench: 365 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 505 lbs
    Press:225 lbs

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    I tried welding, once, I'm not allowed near a torch anymore

lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    I tried welding, once, I'm not allowed near a torch anymore

I don't think the firefighter is going to make it happen.

He needs more water.

Of course all fires go out eventually.....

You should stick to a hammer CTG.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    You should stick to a hammer CTG.
    I, wouldn't trust him with one either...
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1