Well to be honest I'm not that fat... I'm ~210lb with high teens bodyfat. Those familiar with powerlifting would know that the weight classes around me are 198s and 220s, and with a comp on 28th of November I've had to make a decision which way to go. I chose to go down a class as I'm not really happy with carrying the excess baggage, and I want to get to a point where I can put on weight cleanly and slow.
I'll be working off this template: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm
I'm a total diet noob, previously I was a skinny kid and I've basically just eaten whatever to get me from 160 to 210. But I've been really inconsistent, some days eating plenty clean food, others **** all except for some burger king. That **** has got to stop. I chose the CKD diet because several guys in the PL section have utilised it, losing weight while gaining/maintaining strength.
I'll pretty much only have a few guiding factors in this diet:
1) strength (if this drops then I'll be adding more carbs/cals to ensure it doesn't)
3) waist size
I've decided to check my weight and waist size every Monday when I wake. And strength will obviously be measured throughout the week.
Here's my general template:
Now I'm aware it's not ideal to have two zero carb days in a row, but I train Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri, so I don't have a lot of choice.
Here we go!
Today's food (Sunday 11th of October): (yet to all be eaten but everything is prepared except for dinner)
8:30 - Omlette (3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites + cup of veges)
10:30 - 50g WPC shake
1:00 - ~175-200g chicken breast + 1 cup of veges
3:30 - ~175-200g chicken breast
6:00 - 250g steak + 1 cup of veges
8:30 - 50g WPC shake
And just a few more things...
1) I can't eat seafood to save myself, seriously, it makes me feel ill
2) Got a delivery of casein on the way for pre-bed shakes
3) Got 880 fish oil pills on the way too
4) My girlfriend is awesome and showed me how to make boring veges taste amazing, I don't think I'll get sick of them ( <3 soya sauce and seasoning!)
5) I have a lifting journal (in the PL section) but I'll copy it over here so you can guys follow along.
6) Weighing food and counting calories aren't my thing, I'm just going to keep serving sizes consistent and adjust as needed.
7) I'm not a fan of supplements, all I use is protein powder, fish oil and glucosamine.
8) Any help/advice is appreciated!
Thread: Fat powerlifter tries out CKD