armant16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armant16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armant16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armant16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armant16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armant16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armant16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armant16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armant16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armant16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armant16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Spinal Accessory Nerve, Trapezius Myalgia, Serratus Anterior Injury?

Hey Everyone, I am am wondering if anyone in here is dealing with/has dealt with the issues in the title.

About 2 months ago (July-ish), I got a little too happy deadlifting. After one rep of heavy weight I felt my neck jerk a bit and I leaned against a squat rack feeling dizzy. Nothing was wrong immediately after. I soon started feeling headaches, nausea, drowsiness, and the left side of my back/shoulder felt misaligned. After it did not get better, I went to a doc who told me I had a slight trapezius tear and back spasm. She gave me an arm sling and a muscle relaxer. The sling gave me more pain and the relaxer did nothing, so I began icing, applying heat, and doing my back exercises with light weight and high reps. I also saw a chiro.

My back started feeling much better, and then suddenly relapsed again for some unknown reason. My left trap is significantly weaker than my right, my left scapula wings quite a bit, and I have trouble engaging my scapular muscles, including my left anterior serratus. Chest Press variations and overhead press variation became nearly impossible and I was constantly in pain.

Today, I have been doing PT and focus on scapular exercises to stabilize my shoulder. This has helped somewhat, but I have my good and bad days. I will be getting an EMG/nerve conduction test to see if and to what extent I have injured my Spinal Accessory Nerve or Long Thoracic Nerve. From my own research, I have been getting mixed information about my symptoms, if I will need surgery, or if conservative measures can help me get back to normal. I am really afraid of surgery, and this has interfered with my bulk because I am unable to lift as heavy as I would like to create the proper stimulus.

Overall, I would love to hear from someone who has dealt with this, what they did, how they feel now, if surgery is needed, etc.

Thanks!