Eternal Student/Teacher bobbymak880's Avatar
    bobbymak880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Mental Side Effects of Supplements

Okay, here's how my body reacts:
    Arginine makes me depressed and tired.
    Muscle Milk makes me hyper.
    Lysine makes me tense and a bit edgy.
    Ephedra makes me hyper but NOT as bad as coffee (don't know the FDA banned this!)

Are there any supplements that boost endurance/energy for a workout that DON'T screw up your mental state?

Bobby Mak

ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I get wicked depressed when I look at my bank statements reviewing how much Ive paid for supplements.

Alot of it is mental. Try a placebo experiment where you seperate the real supplements from the variable ( sugar for say) and see if your mind changes at all.

Im not a doctor but I did stay at a holiday Inn last night
    Last edited by ChristianBBer; 10-10-2009 at 10:06 AM.

iWr3k is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWr3k is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWr3k is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWr3k is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWr3k is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWr3k is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWr3k is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWr3k is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWr3k is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWr3k is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWr3k is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bobbymak880 View Post
    Ephedra makes me hyper but NOT as bad as coffee (don't know the FDA banned this!)

Are there any supplements that boost endurance/energy for a workout that DON'T screw up your mental state?

Bobby Mak
    i dont think there is any correlation between arginine and depression

the best way to boost endurance and energy is with motivation, supplements can only do so much.

dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    um that seems a bit redicoulus, im gonna guess your gettin a placebo effect, unless your taking VERY VERY high amounts of a certain amino acid your not gonna feel any difference. Your body is already saturated with them. Try high doses of Cordyceps or Ginseng. I always got some good endurence from those. Cordygen 5 made me get some serious endurance on the basketball court and in the gym.
    wake up, rape the day

Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by iWr3k View Post
    i dont think there is any correlation between arginine and depression

the best way to boost endurance and energy is with motivation, supplements can only do so much.
    Originally Posted by dgault View Post
    um that seems a bit redicoulus, im gonna guess your gettin a placebo effect, unless your taking VERY VERY high amounts of a certain amino acid your not gonna feel any difference. Your body is already saturated with them. Try high doses of Cordyceps or Ginseng. I always got some good endurence from those. Cordygen 5 made me get some serious endurance on the basketball court and in the gym.
    lol at 21 year olds lecturing someone who is 42 about the in's and out's of HIS body...

zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by christianbber View Post
    i get wicked depressed when i look at my bank statements reviewing how much ive paid for supplements.

Alot of it is mental. Try a placebo experiment where you seperate the real supplements from the variable ( sugar for say) and see if your mind changes at all.

Im not a doctor but i did stay at a holiday inn last night
    lol

Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)

Bobby Mak
    Many people response to compounds somewhat differently (dose, timing, effects, etc) and we don't even have any idea of the full biochemicals effects of well all supplements. We also don't understand the full biochemistry of ourselves and how different compounds may interact with us.

Placebo is an chemical inactive compound but most supplements are bioactive (they effect a few if not many chemical reactions) so try 1 compound at a time and do your best to review it's effects on you and go from there. Recording how they effect you while grouping (according to the know share biochemical effects some have) the ones that seem to give you similar effects may help you determine which mental pathways are being effected that seem to make you worst and you can avoid them.
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dgault View Post
    Cordygen 5 made me get some serious endurance on the basketball court and in the gym.
    Great Suggestion! Anything in the "Cordygen Line" of products will help you with endurance and oxygen uptake without any side effects whatsoever.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www.millenniumsport.net

My views are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Millennium Sport Technologies

Use code CTDEUCE50 for 50% all items at our website!!

jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Bobby Mak

That seems bizarre.

I'd say get an MP3 player, some great sounding ear buds for them, and crank up your favorite music in the gym.