Thread: Does ZMA work?

TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000)

Does ZMA work?

I'm not talking about taking ZMA for the claim that it can increase testosterone or anything, but how well does it work as far as getting a good nights sleep go? I've been an insomniac for years, on average it can take me an hour to get to sleep, at the worst of times it can take me two hours or more. I feel like this is hurting my gains overall, is ZMA a good option if I DON'T want to turn to actual sleep-aid drugs? Any tricks that you guys have for getting to sleep fast?

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TheWiseEggroll View Post
    I'm not talking about taking ZMA for the claim that it can increase testosterone or anything, but how well does it work as far as getting a good nights sleep go? I've been an insomniac for years, on average it can take me an hour to get to sleep, at the worst of times it can take me two hours or more. I feel like this is hurting my gains overall, is ZMA a good option if I DON'T want to turn to actual sleep-aid drugs? Any tricks that you guys have for getting to sleep fast?
    If you are in Zinc deficiency then yes it can help with test levels....if not then it's pretty much a total waste because you should be getting plenty from food and a multi vitamin.
    KettleBURN Fitness and Personal Training
    CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1)

TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jcosley View Post
    If you are in Zinc deficiency then yes it can help with test levels....if not then it's pretty much a total waste because you should be getting plenty from food and a multi vitamin.
    Thanks, but that didn't actually answer my question at all, I'm not interested in what effects it has on testosterone I just want to know if it can help me get to sleep.

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks, but that didn't actually answer my question at all, I'm not interested in what effects it has on testosterone I just want to know if it can help me get to sleep.
    Yes some say it works to help them get a deep sleep with crazy dreams. For me it does not work and actually makes me sleep worse. Some stuff that has worked for me though is...

Melatonin
    Valerian Root
    CL's REDuction PM
    KettleBURN Fitness and Personal Training
    CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1)

Originally Posted by jcosley View Post
    Yes some say it works to help them get a deep sleep with crazy dreams. For me it does not work and actually makes me sleep worse. Some stuff that has worked for me though is...

Melatonin
    Valerian Root
    CL's REDuction PM
    Well the fat burner is definitely out of the question since I'm bulking lol but I'll give the Valerian root a shot, thanks.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Theanine may be helpful.

And of course the non-supplemental things to try - dark room not too warm or cool, avoid caffeine from the late afternoon on, establish a relaxing bedtime routine, etc...
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlitzKrag will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've tried 2 sleep aid supplements. ZMA and Musclepharm bullet proof. The ZMA doesn't do anything, as far as I can tell, but the bullet proof stuff is amazing. Helps fall asleep and you get a very restful sleep. You may want to research the ingredients before trying it though.

AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000)
    zma didn't help with my sleep but it did help raise my test levels... i know because i started getting acne (but got stronger and bigger at the same time)

i think it might've made my sleep worse

0234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take the Now Adam vitamins which have ZMA in them and I find it helps me sleep well.
    Have you tried Melatonin? My son had trouble falling asleep (trouble shutting down) and we started giving him 3mg before bed once in a while. It works really well.

Country Mike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Country Mike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Country Mike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Country Mike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Country Mike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Country Mike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Country Mike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Country Mike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Country Mike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Country Mike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Country Mike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

I used PrimaForce's ZMA and it helped alot with my sleep, I felt very relaxed....
    OBF VicePresident
    OBF Representative
    OBF Judge
    OnlineBodyBuildingFederation

foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you arent concerned with any test boosting effects then I recommend Natural Calm a calming magnesium supplement drink. A tablespoon a night works wonders for sleep aide..as does supplementing with GABA at night. Ive tried ZMA and it gave me deep sleep for what sleep I did get but it made me "paranoid" during my sleep and gave me really insane dreams. I would sleep deep for about 3hrs. then wake, then sleep 3hrs., then wake..so not really beneficial IMO.
    A good stack about 45min. pre bed is 1tbsp Natural Calm, 1 750mg. GABA, 1 3mg. Melatonin

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by foxbody351w View Post
    If you arent concerned with any test boosting effects then I recommend Natural Calm a calming magnesium supplement drink. A tablespoon a night works wonders for sleep aide..as does supplementing with GABA at night. Ive tried ZMA and it gave me deep sleep for what sleep I did get but it made me "paranoid" during my sleep and gave me really insane dreams. I would sleep deep for about 3hrs. then wake, then sleep 3hrs., then wake..so not really beneficial IMO.
    A good stack about 45min. pre bed is 1tbsp Natural Calm, 1 750mg. GABA, 1 3mg. Melatonin
    Warning on Natural Calm: High amounts of Magnesium Citrate can have an unpleasant laxative effect.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have tried several ZMA products and none of them helped me sleep...I think my sleep was worse...I felt all sweaty and my skin felt gross...I have tried several other things for sleep and nothing works...

So far the best thing I have found and used is ****** 10mg or remeron 45 mg one or the other will knock you out...The Remeron is a hard core one that will put you down for at least 10 hours of hard sleep...

The only O.T.C. sleep aid that I have heard that works is SHUT-EYE...Not sure I have not tired it...But my thing is why pay $40 for it when you can pay like $6 for a 30 day supply of ******...

Hope this helps...
    MY CURRENT STACK:
    Animal Pak with morning meal...
    Barleans Omega swirl twice a day...
    Barleans Flax Swirl once a day...
    Animal Rage before workout...
    Universal Atomic 7 during workout...
    Animal Flex with evening meal...
    Universal Ultra Whey Pro through out the day...
    Universal Real Gains through out the day...

"I'D RATHER BE JUDGED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6"

amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    i think ZMA does not help you go to sleep. it helps body to rest better. i remember waking up earlier on ZMA but i felt like i have been in bed for 10 hours.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SportPharmaMike View Post
    I used PrimaForce's ZMA and it helped alot with my sleep, I felt very relaxed....
    Same here, before I was even a representative for Primaforce, I used ZMA on a daily basis, and saw some significant increase in deeper sleep.

Some people reap the benefits and some do not, supplements are exactly that, they supplement a good diet and training program.

For the price of the 180 Cap Bottle it is highly worth your investment.

baio86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Melatonin
    Valerian Root
    and B-6

agronrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AndrewChan View Post
    zma didn't help with my sleep but it did help raise my test levels... i know because i started getting acne (but got stronger and bigger at the same time)

i think it might've made my sleep worse
    higher level of testosterone = insomnia.

i guess it worked for u.

newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well the fat burner is definitely out of the question since I'm bulking lol but I'll give the Valerian root a shot, thanks.
    There's USP Powerfull. Helped me sleep well. There's also Animal P.M.

CanadianSun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have you tried melatonin? i've tried a sample off Fusion's Shut Eye. AMAZING stuff gave me a good night sleep even on the worst day of my life (I kept the sample around for those emergencies haha)

onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by amostofi1999 View Post
    i think ZMA does not help you go to sleep. it helps body to rest better. i remember waking up earlier on ZMA but i felt like i have been in bed for 10 hours.
    this. my 4 hour sleep felt like 8.

knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by amostofi1999 View Post
    exactly
    My name is Jason Marshall. Here is my stack:

Opti-Men
    Krea-Alkyln
    MTI Protein powder.