Closed Thread
    Registered User skinnytomuscle2's Avatar
    skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Cool Get a big chest from pushups?My friend did.

Okay- About 3 years ago I was sent to a juvenile facility because I was caught with possesion of marijuana lol....

I was only in there for 2 days... But i met this kid who was 16 at the time, and he had a huge chest! ! he was skinny but his chest was huge!! I asked him how he did it, and he said all he did was EAT and did pushups...nothing else..no bench pressing nothing..

I even witnessed him doing pushups every night the 2 nights i was there.

So can u get a big chest from doing a wide variety of only pushups?

this kid was african american if that makes a difference..lol

NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes but it will probably take a long time to get that chest but it will work pushups are great

do incline and decline pushups

Zubin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it also depends on your weight. When you're doing a push up the target muscle groups are supporting approximately 65% of your bodyweight so for a 280lb guy that might be like supporting around 180lb but for a 140lb guy it's like 90lb.

If you want to focus on chest do wide grip push ups.

morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    good if u dont have access to gym. pushups in between 3 chairs - 1 for the feet & 1 for each arm. add backpack with books for extra loading.

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I used to do alot of push ups and my chest didn't get any bigger. But everyone is different. Just because some guy you met had a "huge" chest from push ups doesn't mean that you can. I suggest bench press, incline, decline, dips and flies with free weights.
    My workout log ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133269973

nitrotxtt will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitrotxtt will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitrotxtt will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitrotxtt will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitrotxtt will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitrotxtt will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitrotxtt will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitrotxtt will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitrotxtt will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitrotxtt will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitrotxtt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Beachman View Post
    I used to do alot of push ups and my chest didn't get any bigger. But everyone is different. Just because some guy you met had a "huge" chest from push ups doesn't mean that you can. I suggest bench press, incline, decline, dips and flies with free weights.
    Genetics has a big part in this. If the guy had access to a gym his chest most likely would have been even bigger.

Push ups are a great exercise, but they don't build mass.

Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by skinnytomuscle2 View Post
    Okay- About 3 years ago I was sent to a juvenile facility because I was caught with possesion of marijuana lol....

I was only in there for 2 days... But i met this kid who was 16 at the time, and he had a huge chest! ! he was skinny but his chest was huge!! I asked him how he did it, and he said all he did was EAT and did pushups...nothing else..no bench pressing nothing..

I even witnessed him doing pushups every night the 2 nights i was there.

So can u get a big chest from doing a wide variety of only pushups?

this kid was african american if that makes a difference..lol

First of all...African americans have about 30% more testosterone than other people...so i think it has to do with genetics but also, just because its big doesnt mean he's strong.

and doing pushups are basically like doing endurance training, you can never get big from doing those, they will get you stronger.

motionOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) motionOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) motionOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) motionOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) motionOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) motionOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) motionOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) motionOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) motionOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) motionOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) motionOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Johnsonious2 View Post
    First of all...African americans have about 30% more testosterone than other people...so i think it has to do with genetics but also, just because its big doesnt mean he's strong.
    lol is this for real?!??!

back to the pushup subject. before i started going to the gym, i got myself into a pushup routine. doing probably 100/day spread out. after a month or two, my chest was definitely big, but nothing else really was. now, if i take a month or two off from lifting, my chest stays big. i try to do pushups and pullups on a nightly basis to keep a fresh pump also

ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LOL at the guy who said African Americans have 30% more testosterone than other people, I am pretty sure that is complete bs.

Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ironrat42 View Post
    LOL at the guy who said African Americans have 30% more testosterone than other people, I am pretty sure that is complete bs.
    LOL. I "WTF" 'd this also and thought "No F'n way".

Had me for a second.
    "When my opponent contracts, I expand. And when he expands, I contract.
    And when the opportunity arrives, *looks at clenched fist* I do not hit with it. It hits all by itself"-Bruce Lee
    ---------------------------------------------------
    If you're hungry.....it's too late.

pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I did a high volume push-up routine for 3 weeks and gained about 3 inches on my chest.

true story.
    "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" ...will probably be my last words

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136720821
    more misadventures in physical culture

divmotru will become famous soon enough. (+50) divmotru will become famous soon enough. (+50) divmotru will become famous soon enough. (+50) divmotru will become famous soon enough. (+50) divmotru will become famous soon enough. (+50) divmotru will become famous soon enough. (+50) divmotru will become famous soon enough. (+50) divmotru will become famous soon enough. (+50) divmotru will become famous soon enough. (+50) divmotru will become famous soon enough. (+50) divmotru will become famous soon enough. (+50)

and doing pushups are basically like doing endurance training, you can never get big from doing those, they will get you stronger.
    what a dumbass

Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

strong jimmy the greek
    "It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others"

Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's all relative. You're 6' 140. That kid you're talking about probably didn't have a "huge" chest.

mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    helps somewhat i guess, i know whenever i do alot of pushups my chest gets pumped better than any chest workout or exercise
    Shred now or 5ever hold your peas

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First of all...African americans have about 30% more testosterone than other people...
    Who do men say that I am?

Bolo23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolo23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolo23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolo23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolo23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolo23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolo23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolo23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolo23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolo23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolo23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    he is not lying, in major inner cities like where im from, brooklyn. there are guys who go to public parks and do outrageous amounts of calesthetics (3000)on monkey bars. push ups, pull ups, dips, ab workouts, all types of variations.
    yes most of them are african american, well thats all i ever seen do it. all these guys were no more than 5-6% bodyfat.
    i tried it one day with one dude. he said he was doing pull ups and he got to do 3000 reps! i was like wtf????!!!!!!!!
    yes it was mind bogglin but he surely did them all!
    keep in mind, they do not have any legs though. hence the term jailhouse body/workout

therulersback is on a distinguished road. (+10) therulersback is on a distinguished road. (+10) therulersback is on a distinguished road. (+10) therulersback is on a distinguished road. (+10) therulersback is on a distinguished road. (+10) therulersback is on a distinguished road. (+10) therulersback is on a distinguished road. (+10) therulersback is on a distinguished road. (+10) therulersback is on a distinguished road. (+10) therulersback is on a distinguished road. (+10) therulersback is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First of all...African americans have about 30% more testosterone than other people
    LMAO I'm black and I almost believed this for a second....

Well I cant get to a gym until January so all I do is push-ups for my chest...it cuts u up a little bit but I know if I had weights my chest would be 10X bigger

Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

-------------------------------
    Strong Ass Jew Crew
    Big Beyond Belief and Bold Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120268681

Original Neanderthal theapexxxx's Avatar
    theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Bolo23 View Post
    he is not lying, in major inner cities like where im from, brooklyn. there are guys who go to public parks and do outrageous amounts of calesthetics (3000)on monkey bars. push ups, pull ups, dips, ab workouts, all types of variations.
    yes most of them are african american, well thats all i ever seen do it. all these guys were no more than 5-6% bodyfat.
    i tried it one day with one dude. he said he was doing pull ups and he got to do 3000 reps! i was like wtf????!!!!!!!!
    keep in mind, they do not have any legs though. hence the term jailhouse body/workout
    Not only do I call bull**** to your story, I would love to see some loser (you in this case) sit there counting another guys reps. Hell, guaranteed you would lose count at least 5 times.

Another thing, just because someone does 1000 pullups, pushups or whatever, doesn't mean he produces more testosterone. It just means he has much better endurance.
    Heavy compound movements produce testosterone, not 1000 pushups.

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Who do men say that I am?

TheMinion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheMinion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheMinion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheMinion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheMinion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheMinion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheMinion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheMinion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheMinion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheMinion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheMinion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    First of all...African americans have about 30% more testosterone than other people...
    wat

fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    3000? that is impossible..no one can do pullups for 3000 rep.
    ''Whenever You feel Worthless, Remember, You Were Once The Quickest Sperm.''

my workout log :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=468292031#post468292031

fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fouad_123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [QUOTE=Johnsonious2;394816171]First of all...African americans have about 30% more testosterone than other people

in the research they made it turned out that black people had 10 - 15 % more testosterone than white people .. and white people had more testosterone than asians..but that is not the case in every black person .scroll all the way down to Chapter 3 (called Sex, Hormones, and AIDS scroll down until you see page 18) because it's a book. The Charles Darwin Research Foundation has it on it's website.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:Z47e?

i would love to know where the hell did you get the 30 % from.
    ''Whenever You feel Worthless, Remember, You Were Once The Quickest Sperm.''

my workout log :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=468292031#post468292031

stottie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stottie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stottie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stottie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stottie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stottie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stottie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stottie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stottie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stottie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stottie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i heard eskimos have about threefiddy% more testrone then the white man. means they can do 10000 pull ups 20000situps and 5000 pushups every day, in under fifdy min.

yea i said that.

SSDD, thats my curse RAVENS EYE's Avatar
    RAVENS EYE is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAVENS EYE is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAVENS EYE is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAVENS EYE is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAVENS EYE is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAVENS EYE is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAVENS EYE is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAVENS EYE is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAVENS EYE is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAVENS EYE is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAVENS EYE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So is it safe to say emo's have 30% more estrogen?

theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RAVENS EYE View Post
    So is it safe to say emo's have 30% more estrogen?
    Emo's have on average 40% more,
    whereas "scene" kids hit the 30% mark.

Originally Posted by fouad_123 View Post
    3000? that is impossible..no one can do pullups for 3000 rep.
    This, I would love to see anyone, I don't care if he's black, white or asian, do 3000 pull ups.

Chasing that 405 Bench msm172021121's Avatar
    msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    3000 reps of anything is damn near impossible, even beating off if you count that as forearm exercise. and research 5-6% bf. you have no clue how low that is. 5-6% is only sustainable for short durations of time. people dont hang around doing pullups on monkey bars at 5-6%........................i feel less intelligent now damnit.
    " When you want to succeed as much as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful".

Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm going to necro bump this just to post this link.

http://www.mensfitness.com/training/...l-world-record

Ok, i'm done.
    Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson