tianxiang256 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Doing Shrugs and Deadlifts but Collar Area Doesn't Seem to Fill Up

So i have been working out for two years, and everything's fine except my collar and neck area, where the traps don't seem to be covering the front part of my neck area, making it look like two pits when i flex my traps. The picture attached shows that. I do regular Deadlifts and Shrugs for my traps, as well as incline bench. I do have Pectus Excavatum, which is also called " Funnel Chest", so my Sternum is pushed inwards. I need answers as to what i'm doing wrong, or what should i be doing.
    Attached Images

thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Shrugs and deadlifts won't help that area - work on your chest/shoulder development. Trap muscles are on your back.
    Brevity is the soul of wit.

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tianxiang256 View Post
    So i have been working out for two years, and everything's fine except my collar and neck area, where the traps don't seem to be covering the front part of my neck area, making it look like two pits when i flex my traps. The picture attached shows that. I do regular Deadlifts and Shrugs for my traps, as well as incline bench. I do have Pectus Excavatum, which is also called " Funnel Chest", so my Sternum is pushed inwards. I need answers as to what i'm doing wrong, or what should i be doing.
    From that pic you look skinny. Gain some weight and hit heavy shrugs.

Edit: Listen to the wizard above me.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

Originally Posted by thinkgreen View Post
    Shrugs and deadlifts won't help that area - work on your chest/shoulder development. Trap muscles are on your back.
    So more incline and shoulder press?

I am defintely not skinny, just like i explained, i do have Funnek chest, which could be the reason, but yeah i will listen to the wizard.

thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tianxiang256 View Post
    I am defintely not skinny, just like i explained, i do have Funnek chest, which could be the reason, but yeah i will listen to the wizard.
    Hard to tell from the pic but you look skinny to me.
    Brevity is the soul of wit.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Skinny is a relative term and often misunderstood. They mean to say that you don't look muscular. That isn't from a lack of trying, it's from not eating enough to gain muscle while using strategic bulk and cut cycles.

Gain 20lbs of lean muscle and this won't be an issue.
    Experience, not just theory

coreydreyton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coreydreyton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    gain muscle all over.

Grower not a shower sweetneybrian's Avatar
    sweetneybrian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sweetneybrian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sweetneybrian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sweetneybrian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sweetneybrian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sweetneybrian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sweetneybrian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sweetneybrian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sweetneybrian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sweetneybrian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sweetneybrian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    -Inlcline Fly's
    -Front Delt Raises
    -The world needs more givers and less takers. The nature of mankind is selfishness, not enough know of selflessness.

-A poor man will do terrible things for money, a rich man will do even worse things to keep it.

IG: hoodieyearround I follow back