Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit DrMarie's BodySpace

How sore should I be after a workout?

When I first started working out I was super sore after every workout. (It was a good sore though - felt like I was accomplishing a lot).

But now, even though I am increasing my weights I rarely feel sore muscles. Should I be pushing myself harder or is this normal?

Thanks!

Not content with average queenofswords's Avatar
    Stats: 5'4", 116 lbs
    queenofswords has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) queenofswords has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) queenofswords has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) queenofswords has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) queenofswords has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) queenofswords has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) queenofswords has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) queenofswords has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) queenofswords has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) queenofswords has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) queenofswords has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit queenofswords's BodySpace
    After you've been training for a while, ur body won't necessarily be sore after every session... It doesn't mean you haven't pushed urself hard enough, but only you know ur own limits. I find that when I change my workouts every few weeks and use different exercises that hit the muscles from a different angle, I get some soreness the day after.
    Enviable Pro bods: Sherlyn Roy; Monica Guerra; Nicole Wilkins- Lee; Rachel Cammon; Jennifer Nicole Lee.

Stats: 5'1", 129 lbs
    BodyPoints: 6970
    SophieM has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SophieM has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SophieM has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SophieM has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SophieM has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SophieM has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SophieM has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SophieM has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SophieM has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SophieM has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SophieM has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SophieM's BodySpace
    I am usually not sore any, even when I change my routine, increase weights, etc. I treasure it when I am.
    Today, just like yesterday, and like tomorrow,
    I will make the most of my workout.
    I will be intense, I will be committed, I will be focused.
    Today, just like yesterday, and like tomorrow,
    I will push my body to the limit,
    I will embrace the hurt, I will embrace the pain.
    Today, just like yesterday and like tomorrow,
    I will lift heavier
    I will get bigger
    I will get stronger

Current Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163653101

Stats: 6'1", 191 lbs
    CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit CEPCNC's BodySpace
    I wouldn't neccessarily say you should push yourself harder. Your body has naturally adpated to the stress physically, that's all...it's a good thing! Maybe you should just experiment with hitting your muscle groups a little different as QueenOfSwords mentioned in their post.

Have you hit a plateau?

DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrMarie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit DrMarie's BodySpace
    <i>Have you hit a plateau? </i>

I wouldn't say I have hit a plateau as I can see changes in my body. But, as I posted in another post, my weight is not going down at all. However, I'm not complaining! I have been working out for a couple of months and my husband keeps commenting on how good my body looks!

Still a long way to go though!

Stats: 6'1", 191 lbs
    CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEPCNC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit CEPCNC's BodySpace
    So how long have you been consitantly working out? I started back in late March '09 and worked out/ran 5-6 days a week until the end of September...I was in the same boat as you-not gettign sore, etc. I took a week and a half off to heal up then came back feeling great. The first week back felt like my very first week back in March....sore as hell. It felt great to take a break and it felt even better coming back and realizing I didn;t lose any strength or size...I think I actually came back a little stronger from letting my CNS recover too.