Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Best supplement to take when you fell a cold coming on.

I haven't been sick in 3 years (I remember because it was before my divorce). Now I have that scratchy feeling in the back of my throat I get before a cold/flu hits me hard.

Is there anything I can take (other than mass amounts of Vitamin C) to lessen the degree of sickness?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    - Thomas Jefferson

D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Shreddersteve View Post
    I haven't been sick in 3 years (I remember because it was before my divorce). Now I have that scratchy feeling in the back of my throat I get before a cold/flu hits me hard.

Is there anything I can take (other than mass amounts of Vitamin C) to lessen the degree of sickness?

Mass amounts of vitamin C is a bad idea. Stick to 1-2 grams a day, TOPS. More might actually be counterproductive.

As for a cold, ALOT can help that, actually. Certain mushroom complexes can actually help with CANCER, so yeah, at half dosages I'm sure they'll kick a colds ass. I'll post a guide that tells you how to make it a little less prohibitively expensive.

Also, I hear that a standalone bioflavanoid complex MAY help. Still not sure about it, but it will definately work with your vitamin C.
    Attached Files

Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by D.d.c. View Post
    Mass amounts of vitamin C is a bad idea. Stick to 1-2 grams a day, TOPS. More might actually be counterproductive.

As for a cold, ALOT can help that, actually. Certain mushroom complexes can actually help with CANCER, so yeah, at half dosages I'm sure they'll kick a colds ass. I'll post a guide that tells you how to make it a little less prohibitively expensive.

Also, I hear that a standalone bioflavanoid complex MAY help. Still not sure about it, but it will definately work with your vitamin C.
    Thank you. Repped.

I've only been taking 2.5 grams a day. I'll knock it back a bit.

Thanks again.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    - Thomas Jefferson

J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Green Tea can help boost your immune system and so will a getting a good amount of sleep every night (at least 8 hours).
    [A]lpha [B]eard [C]rew
    300+ Bench Crew
    IRB 9k+
    ~Polish Strength Genetics~

AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Zicam works for a lot of people when taken at the first signs of sickness, just don't use the nasal swabs. Nasal administration of zinc can damage your olfactory cells.
    Obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, only to be broken.

MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AtomAnt70 View Post
    Zicam works for a lot of people when taken at the first signs of sickness, just don't use the nasal swabs. Nasal administration of zinc can damage your olfactory cells.
    I am downing the Zicam rapidmelts right now. Always seems to help me get over a cold faster.

Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Echinacea. 4 caps 2x per day. Seriously.
    "What value is there in the grace that I profess if it leaves me unchanged?"
    -Spurgeon

Originally Posted by AtomAnt70 View Post
    I take ZMA every night. I was afraid of ingesting too much zinc if I took Zicam and ZMA , not to mention there's zinc in my multi.
    - Thomas Jefferson

MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Illadelphia View Post
    The Zicam rapidmelts I use are the ones with echinacea.

D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I take ZMA every night. I was afraid of ingesting too much zinc if I took Zicam and ZMA , not to mention there's zinc in my multi.
    You want to take zinc and copper in a 10-15Z:1C ratio, or it messes up your minerals ****. I take ZMK for my mineral supplement.
    It's like ZMA+a chelated mineral complex that doesn't include calcium (which will **** it up), it's pretty neat. Best of both worlds, if not a tad expensive. Bodybuilding promo codes in that text file I posted will cut the expense down a little.

Alternatively, you could consider getting a low dose copper sup to balance it out.

DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DCtrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you may just want to rest and take it easy for a few days...let it run out. Sometimes I do this...take some hot-tea-looking cold remedy, take your vit C, GO to sleep and SLEEP IN.
    This has worked for me before,
    good luck
    Black Powder
    Muscle Milk
    Bioforge/Activate Extreme Stack
    fish oil
    Multi

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Agreed.. cept I do 3 caps 3 times a day!

I also take a bunch of garlic.. got me over my cold in the summer in 3 days.
    ….

deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah, garlic is said to have tons of health benefits. I have also heard about taking the Echinacea can help.
    There is no spoon.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am the baddest man in the valley.

We all only have today and right now, but without death being pressed upon us we hide behind our false pretense of immortality. - Lvisaa

trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000)
    I understand that Cold-EEZE (Zinc Gluconate Glycine) especially if taken at the beginning can lessen the duration and severity of colds. I usually have one or a couple of those if I feel the start of a cold or I've been around people who might be infectious--but I get respiratory stuff way too often, so anything that's likely to help is a good thing.

rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000)

airborne

That **** works. Taste like crap, but works. You can get it at any super market.

‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏ ‏‏‏‏ factotum's Avatar
    factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz
    Fish oil and lots of it. Oh wait, that's the last thing you want to do. Well, I'll be back later.
    Last edited by factotum; 10-07-2009 at 08:34 PM.
    Yes, there is indeed a deeper component to it all.

Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Wink

Originally Posted by rezstyle View Post
    That **** works. Taste like crap, but works. You can get it at any super market.
    Airborne paid out a $60million class action case b/c it didn't work...

FYI
    "What value is there in the grace that I profess if it leaves me unchanged?"
    -Spurgeon

Johnnyb123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johnnyb123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johnnyb123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johnnyb123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johnnyb123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johnnyb123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johnnyb123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johnnyb123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johnnyb123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johnnyb123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Johnnyb123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    vitamin c and zinc..... thats what ive seen and heard from others that its worked for im stubborn i dont do anything i just play thru it
    Pain is weakness leaving the body........ One shot, One kill....

Rockin the Red......Lets go CAPS

Tue Oct. 5, 2010 @7pm benched 450lbs 1 rep
    Tue Oct 12,2010 @ 7pm benched 450lbs 2 reps
    Mon Oct 19,2010 @7:30pm benched 450lbs 4 reps
    Mon Oct 25,2010 @7pm benched 475lbs 1 rep
    Mon Dec 20,2010 @7:30pm benched 500lbs 1 rep raw

Feb 2012 New PR flat bench 555lbs Raw 1 rep

I also hear that olive leaf extract has crazy antibiotic properties: apparantly it can destroy something like 40 viruses that human antibodies can't touch. It also kills the good stuff, though, so either take a probiotic with it or go easy on it. I wouldn't whip out the big guns like that for just a cold.

corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Normally vitamin C from orange juice does the trick for me. That coupled with massive sleep. Been sick for a while now, slept 10 hours one day and 14 the next, almost feeling 100% now.
    Florida Gulf Coast University Powerlifting

**MISC Strength Crew**
    **MISC Firearms Crew***
    **MISC Anti-*******ry Crew**
    ***Brings Pen and Paper to the Gym Crew***

1k+

SQUATZ AND OATZ

CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000) CTDeuce is just really nice. (+1000)
    ZMK + Echinacea = winner!
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www.millenniumsport.net

My views are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Millennium Sport Technologies

Use code CTDEUCE50 for 50% all items at our website!!

rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000)

Airborne

Airborne paid out a $60million class action case b/c it didn't work...

FYI
    Good call, I did not know that. Ok, I retract my previous statement and will say the **** seemed to work for me & my wife on several occasions. Ingredients to airborne are simply

"the basic formula includes vitamins A, C, and E and magnesium, zinc, selenium, herbs, and other ingredients. It is called Airborne because it is meant to combat airborne viruses and germs, according to the company web site."

That being said, don't know if there is a tested supp that can claim getting rid of the cold.

NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Shreddersteve
    Originally Posted by D.d.c. View Post
    1-2 grams per-day [TOPS]?

Such low daily doses of vitamin c will be of negligible benefit during periods of immune system depression. In this state, the body can effectively utilize significantly higher doses.
    ~

Wherever progression lacks.... regress can be found in abundance.

Originally Posted by NO HYPE View Post
    1-2 grams per-day [TOPS]?

Such low daily doses of vitamin c will be of negligible benefit during periods of immune system depression. In this state, the body can effectively utilize significantly higher doses.
    I can't rep you because I'm recharging, but I can offer an e-hug?

e-hug?

NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've only been taking 2.5 grams a day. I'll knock it back a bit.
    Do yourself [and your immune system] a favor.... don't.

If anything.... bump the dosage up a few grams.
    ~

Originally Posted by MBSowards View Post
    Group e-hugs only. Negged.
    ~

DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

e-hug?
    I got him for you. ;-)

I can't rep you because I'm recharging
    Rep-whore.
    ~

Originally Posted by DBee View Post
    I got him for you. ;-)
    Right back at ya.
    ~

Originally Posted by NO HYPE View Post
    Do yourself [and your immune system] a favor.... don't.

If anything.... bump the dosage up a few grams.
    Where did you hear this?

Edit: looked into it more. As it turns out, I retract my statement. It's alright to take more C: apparantly there was a study
    http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/bsardi.html
    That gave people dosages of 10g per day for 3 years, without any noticeable side effects. Of course, noticable =/= actual. But you could probably bump the dosage up a bit for a cold. It just isn't needed for daily intake. I'm trying to find my old source... I remember something about it interefering with calcium and accelerating arthritis in large doses without calcium to balance it out, so maybe try a buffered c supplement... but going a little higher for a cold (5g is when you start seeing the negative effects according to my old source) probably won't hurt too bad. It's just not necessary for daily intake.

Hell, it's probably not needed for a cold, either. I'm sure 3g for a cold will suit you fine.
    Last edited by D.d.c.; 10-09-2009 at 09:36 PM.