cupcake007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long did it take to see results?

HI! New to this and I have been eating clean and lifting heavier the last two months. For those of you that look like I want to, how long did it take for you to see results? The beautiful cuts? I have read it will take time, but what is time in a measureable term...6 months? 12 months?

How many years have you been doing this?

Thanks so much!!! Can't wait to be part of the "club"

Kickin ass & taking names TrizzleyBear's Avatar
    TrizzleyBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrizzleyBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrizzleyBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrizzleyBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrizzleyBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrizzleyBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrizzleyBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrizzleyBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrizzleyBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrizzleyBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrizzleyBear will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have been going at it for 2 years now.. I'm still no where near where I want to be but, I have seen some major progress over the past 6 months.. I guess it all comes down to your dedication level and how seriously you want it!

I love this site for all the useful information on it. I would have never found out I had a wheat/gluten allergy if it wasn't for this site... I noticed that other people were having the same issues that I was having.. Someone suggested the allergy and then a light bulb lit up in my head.. Eliminating that from my diet has really helped my overall weight loss goal and my health in general..

Just keep at it. A healthy transformation is a slow one.. Most people lose patience after a short while because they want to see results immediately!

Good Luck!
    "Pain is your friend, your ally, it will tell you when you are seriously injured, it will keep you awake and angry, and remind you to finish the job and get the hell home. But you know the best thing about pain?

.....It lets you know you're not dead yet"!

Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TrizzleyBear View Post
    I have been going at it for 2 years now.. I'm still no where near where I want to be but, I have seen some major progress over the past 6 months.. I guess it all comes down to your dedication level and how seriously you want it!
    Between my initial weight loss (30 lbs) which took about 6 months and 10 months of heavy serious lifting --- I, too, am not where I'd like to be yet.

I am definately a work in progress - but then, I'm not training/dieting with a competition in mind -- I'm just making it all a way of life.

Yes, there have been results along the way -- weight loss + muscle added -- so as long as you see progress, you are on the right path...as many often say, its not a sprint...but more like a marathon.
    *Obssession is a word the weak use to describe the dedicated

*That which does not kill me ... only makes me stronger!

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cupcake007 View Post
    For those of you that look like I want to, how long did it take for you to see results?
    i've no idea what you want to look like.

but i like what i look like and it took me five years.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think as far as a time frame results goes its mostly based on "where" you are now and "where" you are trying to go. I've seen a lot of skinny girls that are trying to shape there bodies put the muscle on fast and others not so fast. I've also seen a lot of people drop a tone of weight and look thin and I've seen others lose the weight and put on the muscle at the same time and look fantastic (aka ChicanaPeach!)

As for me...I had my baby Aug 2007 at 180lbs and by Aug 2008 I was size 4, 16% BF and 118lbs.

I have lifted consistently now for 2 years and the longer the I lift the more muscle and definition I see. But really it comes down to your diet! That's the biggest part!

Theresaann is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theresaann is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theresaann is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theresaann is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theresaann is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theresaann is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theresaann is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theresaann is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theresaann is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theresaann is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theresaann is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    fitwish those are amazing results....very inspiring!

I have to echo what everyone has said here. Just stay consistent with exercise and diet, as much as you can, and you will see results accumulate over time.

I think the younger one is and the more muscle tissue one has the faster the weight/fat loss, but it WILL come.

I lost about 30 pounds in the last 12 months, going from a tight size 10/12 to a loose size 4. I still have a bit of fat I want to lose, esp. on tummy and legs/butt. Its so fun now, at this level though, because its all about fine tuning. I started doing split training to really zap those gluts and its working! This s**t works!

The diet I'm a little looser with, not much, but a bit. I'm gearing up to tighten that up too. I'm almost 45 a few months.

I will say that it took about 6 months to see real results, but once that base of lean muscle mass was developed, my metabolism shot through the roof, even being peri-menopausal!

This absolutely, positively works, for EVERYONE, no exceptions. Just keep at it, whatever you choose to do, and eat well, and get enough rest and most of all, have fun and stay inspired! Keep seeing yourself as you want to be, and keep connected to others who want to be their best! Its a wonderful journey!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cupcake007 View Post
    HI! New to this and I have been eating clean and lifting heavier the last two months. For those of you that look like I want to, how long did it take for you to see results? The beautiful cuts? I have read it will take time, but what is time in a measureable term...6 months? 12 months?

How many years have you been doing this?

Thanks so much!!! Can't wait to be part of the "club"
    I've been lifting consistently for over 20 yrs and competing for 10 yrs. As a competitor it's always a work in progress, so for me I'm still fine tuning.

When it comes to getting results, it varies per individual. It all depends on your body type, your goals, your diet, how hard you train, how consistent you are, etc...

I think a person that really puts everything into it can see some good results within a year.

Again, it all depends on your goals.

Best of luck!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Building a winning body Lazedays's Avatar
    Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lazedays is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I went from 19% BF down to 11% BF in 5 months. It takes strong will and determination to be squeeky clean with diet and workouts. Now that I'm hooked on competiting I wil stay around 14 % and build for the next 3 months and hope to cut back down to 11% and be more solid, tighter and a bit fuller
    Pain is temporary and Pride is forever

"Citius, altius, fortius...swifter, higher, stronger."

REAL WOMEN LIFT WEIGHT....LOTS OF IT

cupcake007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks everyone!

I do see a little difference; may it be a small musle that is starting to show and that has excited me! I really like what I am seeing in what others have accomplished, especially those near my age!!

I won't give up and just know that I will see things moreso in 6 months and then a year!

Thanks!