KismoCO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

creatine or protein after workout?

my creatine says take it right after working out but i heard protein is where its at. which is better? can i take both?

llshiftyll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llshiftyll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llshiftyll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llshiftyll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llshiftyll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llshiftyll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KismoCO View Post
    my creatine says take it right after working out but i heard protein is where its at. which is better? can i take both?
    use creatine as a dietary supp (any time) and protein after ur work out.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Both.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

The OG of Euphoria PaidLaidMaid's Avatar
    PaidLaidMaid is a complete loser! (-2000) PaidLaidMaid is a complete loser! (-2000) PaidLaidMaid is a complete loser! (-2000) PaidLaidMaid is a complete loser! (-2000) PaidLaidMaid is a complete loser! (-2000) PaidLaidMaid is a complete loser! (-2000) PaidLaidMaid is a complete loser! (-2000) PaidLaidMaid is a complete loser! (-2000) PaidLaidMaid is a complete loser! (-2000) PaidLaidMaid is a complete loser! (-2000) PaidLaidMaid is a complete loser! (-2000)
    both post
    Controlled Labs Sample Reviews
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=410841111

Sponsored Logs:

1)MusclePharm Assault Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118764871

2)ErgoPharm ClearShot Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119695981

3)SizeOn V2 Max Performance Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119900321

8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    protein post-workout and creatine post-protein

or just take them together

JinNC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JinNC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JinNC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JinNC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JinNC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JinNC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JinNC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JinNC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JinNC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JinNC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JinNC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just add my creatine mono into my post workout protein shake.

acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100)
    amino post lifting
    protein+carbs post cardio (after lifting)
    give it about an hour to digest then take creatine

kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JinNC View Post
    I just add my creatine mono into my post workout protein shake.
    I do this- and then I drink creatine in a mixed drink later in the day- all and all getting in about 5-8g a day.

RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KismoCO View Post
    you can take both and do so together.

creatine is best used during any combination of the times of highest nutrient uptake, namely first thing in the morning, pre or post workout

fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    plus if its in your post workout shake, those carbs will help to replace glycogen and help distribute that creatine.
    SNS REP
    PM Me With Questions
    Inhibit E-Affordable Estrogen Destroyer.

youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why should you take protein after your workout?

And is a low carb protein good enough?
    Just livin' the dream...

RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by youtalk View Post
    Why should you take protein after your workout?

And is a low carb protein good enough?
    you need fuel for your muscle after you workout to repair and grow. It is arguably the most critical time to feed your muscles. The better question is why would you not take protein (or whole food with a lot of protein in it) after your workout?

protein is protein. If it is low card, what is it low carb compared to? If you have whey protein or casein protein, there are no carbs in it. You need carbs post workout too though. Usually the suggestion is 2:1 carbsrotein

drmchsr86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drmchsr86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drmchsr86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just read the directions on what you buy. I have found more success in protein post-workout, pre-bedtime.
    "If you can't stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen."

youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RB12 View Post
    you need fuel for your muscle after you workout to repair and grow. It is arguably the most critical time to feed your muscles. The better question is why would you not take protein (or whole food with a lot of protein in it) after your workout?

protein is protein. If it is low card, what is it low carb compared to? If you have whey protein or casein protein, there are no carbs in it. You need carbs post workout too though. Usually the suggestion is 2:1 carbsrotein
    I typically only get to workout at night, about an hour or two before bed.
    Is the protein or whey going to sit there and cause fat?
    Just livin' the dream...

i think you need to read a lot on nutrition... seriously.

if you are just lifting and going to bed and not eating you are doing your muscle growth a serious disservice. plus eating before bed does not cause fat, protein does not cause fat... eating excess calories causes you to get fat.

Originally Posted by RB12 View Post
    i think you need to read a lot on nutrition... seriously.

if you are just lifting and going to bed and not eating you are doing your muscle growth a serious disservice. plus eating before bed does not cause fat, protein does not cause fat... eating excess calories causes you to get fat.

Thank you for the information. Thats why I'm here asking questions. I'm looking for all the information I can obtain from people that know more about the subjects.

I started drinking protein shakes after my workout, and I'm waiting to see the results.
    The good thing is I don't wake up as tired anymore.
    Just livin' the dream...

getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, regardless of when you workout, eating (or having a protein shake) before bed doesn't make you get fat or gain fat. Eating too many total calories per day is what makes you gain fat.

Most people would recommend some form of protein, from either a shake or whole foods, before bed anyway. That is when your body is recovering, you need to provide it with the materials to do so. Remember, you do your work in the gym, you do your growing in the kitchen and in the bed.

If you workout at night before bed, I would arrange your diet so that your post-workout meal is one of the largest meals of the day, if not the largest, and that it contains a blend of proteins. Could do a whey protein shake immediately after, then follow up with steak/chicken/pork and potato or rice or something. Give your body that fuel while you sleep.
    *SCC*
    *Tourette Syndrome Crew*
    *tics increase TDEE so not even mad crew*

Originally Posted by getbustered View Post
    Well, regardless of when you workout, eating (or having a protein shake) before bed doesn't make you get fat or gain fat. Eating too many total calories per day is what makes you gain fat.

Most people would recommend some form of protein, from either a shake or whole foods, before bed anyway. That is when your body is recovering, you need to provide it with the materials to do so. Remember, you do your work in the gym, you do your growing in the kitchen and in the bed.

If you workout at night before bed, I would arrange your diet so that your post-workout meal is one of the largest meals of the day, if not the largest, and that it contains a blend of proteins. Could do a whey protein shake immediately after, then follow up with steak/chicken/pork and potato or rice or something. Give your body that fuel while you sleep.
    I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
    I just remember growing up people always said not to eat before bed, but then again they wern't doing an hour long workout before too...
    Just livin' the dream...