Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    no guts no glory wabeer1's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Perth, WA, Australia
    Stats: 5'10", 176 lbs
    Posts: 4,408
    Rep Power: 2303
    wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit wabeer1's BodySpace
    wabeer1 is offline

    Medial Head Tricep Injury - Grade 2 tear

    Hoping someone can share insight or experience the above type of injury? I'd really appreciate any comments and thoughts.

    About 3 weeks ago, I was doing a heavy set skull crushers (basing mid sets on 4 reps). On my last rep of last heavy set, pressing the weight back up, I felt a short pain in the area in my mid tricep and then felt a major pull. There was very little pain at first after the event but the next day it was a different story.

    It's a odd injury as I can still do bench, rows and biceps but shoulder press, all tricep exercises and DB pullovers are all painful.

    As precuation I went to see a physio the same week that it happend (not the one I would normally see) and said it's a tricep tear and lay off the heavy weights for a week or two. 3 weeks have passed and it has not recovered properly and today I returned to my normal physio who basically advised that its a Grade 2 tear.

    I have now been adviseed that I am not to do any tricep exercises and also give up on the boxing until it heals. I have heard that these injuries can linger and its very demotivating given the momentum I was on.

    From a rehab perspective, I have been given wall pushups with a 'plus' and do the odd tricep extension strech 3x day.
    Last edited by wabeer1; 10-06-2009 at 01:43 AM.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=616729753#post616729753

    'Some people dream of success...others stay awake to achieve it'
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User thesparkly1's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Age: 44
    Posts: 100
    Rep Power: 18
    thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thesparkly1 is offline
    Unusual injury wabeer1. Tell me - what hurts more - doing standing cable pushdowns (with your elbows into your side) against resistance or doing a sitting dumbell extension (with your elbow pointed toward the ceiling, lowering weight behind head)? Also, if you keep your elbow by your side and bend it as far as you can and then try to straighten it against resistance (using your other hand), does this aggravate it? Then do the same thing with your arm high in the air (sore elbow next to your head) and contract against resistance. Does changing the position of the elbow from being next to your side to overhead make any difference in your symptoms?
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    no guts no glory wabeer1's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Perth, WA, Australia
    Stats: 5'10", 176 lbs
    Posts: 4,408
    Rep Power: 2303
    wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit wabeer1's BodySpace
    wabeer1 is offline
    Originally Posted by thesparkly1 View Post
    Unusual injury wabeer1. Tell me - what hurts more - doing standing cable pushdowns (with your elbows into your side) against resistance or doing a sitting dumbell extension (with your elbow pointed toward the ceiling, lowering weight behind head)? Also, if you keep your elbow by your side and bend it as far as you can and then try to straighten it against resistance (using your other hand), does this aggravate it? Then do the same thing with your arm high in the air (sore elbow next to your head) and contract against resistance. Does changing the position of the elbow from being next to your side to overhead make any difference in your symptoms?
    Yeh, really left field injury lol!

    The pain with cables is nominal but the extension pain is just brutal (with weights only though). I only really seem get the pain overhead and don't seem to experience to much by extending from my side to overhead.

    In all the years of training, have never had a problem with tricep.
    Last edited by wabeer1; 10-06-2009 at 04:45 AM.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=616729753#post616729753

    'Some people dream of success...others stay awake to achieve it'
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User thesparkly1's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Age: 44
    Posts: 100
    Rep Power: 18
    thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thesparkly1 is offline
    Thats what i suspected. The reason i asked you to perform that test was to distinguish between the medial head of triceps and the long head of triceps as possible sources of your symptoms. What you have is not a tear of the medial head but rather, a tear of the long head of the triceps wabeer1.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    no guts no glory wabeer1's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Perth, WA, Australia
    Stats: 5'10", 176 lbs
    Posts: 4,408
    Rep Power: 2303
    wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit wabeer1's BodySpace
    wabeer1 is offline
    Originally Posted by thesparkly1 View Post
    Thats what i suspected. The reason i asked you to perform that test was to distinguish between the medial head of triceps and the long head of triceps as possible sources of your symptoms. What you have is not a tear of the medial head but rather, a tear of the long head of the triceps wabeer1.
    Cheers thesparkly1,

    Thanks for that and the physio said the same thing and then she changed her mind, so confused buy this :confused , ..tricep muscles seem to be very complicated in structure. The is coming from the lower part of the tricep. Do you think the wall pushup and extension rehab exercises will help?

    I have found the following pic which has helped me understand the structure better.

    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=616729753#post616729753

    'Some people dream of success...others stay awake to achieve it'
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User thesparkly1's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Age: 44
    Posts: 100
    Rep Power: 18
    thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thesparkly1 is offline
    wabeer1, probably the best way to understand this muscle group is to appreciate that only the long head of the triceps crosses the shoulder joint to attach to the scapula (just like the long head of biceps does in the front of the arm). The medial and lateral heads do not cross the shoulder joint, so they are not involved in movement of the shoulder joint - only movement at the elbow joint. Because the long head crosses the shoulder, it is involved in movement at the shoulder. This is why you "only really seem get the pain overhead" as you said, because movement of the arm overhead stretches the long head only.
    So, from a rehab point of view, perhaps your most important consideration should be the shoulder position itself, and more specifically, the degree of elevation in the frontal plane. Afterall, it's the degree of elevation here that determines the stress on your long head of triceps. So, when selecting exercises, avoid any exercises overhead and choose exercises instead that keep your elbows as low as possible throughout the range of motion. You've already discovered that seated rows and bicep curls dont hurt & now you know why. It's impossible for me to suggest what a 'safe' range is for you without a assessing you first, but you'll work it out pretty quick when it hurts. Something else you can try is some proprioceptive (awareness) taping of the shoulder to remind you when you're approaching the 'unsafe zone'. 1 or 2 strips of premium sports tape placed vertically over the back of the shoulder and then stretched down to the mid triceps or slightly lower should be all you need - as your arm elevates, the tape will pull tight and remind you to stop. Good luck & let us know how you get on.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    no guts no glory wabeer1's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Perth, WA, Australia
    Stats: 5'10", 176 lbs
    Posts: 4,408
    Rep Power: 2303
    wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit wabeer1's BodySpace
    wabeer1 is offline
    Originally Posted by thesparkly1 View Post
    wabeer1, probably the best way to understand this muscle group is to appreciate that only the long head of the triceps crosses the shoulder joint to attach to the scapula (just like the long head of biceps does in the front of the arm). The medial and lateral heads do not cross the shoulder joint, so they are not involved in movement of the shoulder joint - only movement at the elbow joint. Because the long head crosses the shoulder, it is involved in movement at the shoulder. This is why you "only really seem get the pain overhead" as you said, because movement of the arm overhead stretches the long head only.
    So, from a rehab point of view, perhaps your most important consideration should be the shoulder position itself, and more specifically, the degree of elevation in the frontal plane. Afterall, it's the degree of elevation here that determines the stress on your long head of triceps. So, when selecting exercises, avoid any exercises overhead and choose exercises instead that keep your elbows as low as possible throughout the range of motion. You've already discovered that seated rows and bicep curls dont hurt & now you know why. It's impossible for me to suggest what a 'safe' range is for you without a assessing you first, but you'll work it out pretty quick when it hurts. Something else you can try is some proprioceptive (awareness) taping of the shoulder to remind you when you're approaching the 'unsafe zone'. 1 or 2 strips of premium sports tape placed vertically over the back of the shoulder and then stretched down to the mid triceps or slightly lower should be all you need - as your arm elevates, the tape will pull tight and remind you to stop. Good luck & let us know how you get on.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out on this injury and have taken your comments on board. I'II keep you posted on how I get along.

    Cheers mate!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=616729753#post616729753

    'Some people dream of success...others stay awake to achieve it'
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User thesparkly1's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Age: 44
    Posts: 100
    Rep Power: 18
    thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thesparkly1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thesparkly1 is offline
    You're welcome wabeer1. Glad i could help.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    no guts no glory wabeer1's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Perth, WA, Australia
    Stats: 5'10", 176 lbs
    Posts: 4,408
    Rep Power: 2303
    wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit wabeer1's BodySpace
    wabeer1 is offline

    Talking ***update***

    After some intense physio sessions, acupuncture, anti-inflam's and massages..tricep has finally healed enough to start training again.

    It has taken approx 8 weeks for it to heal and looks like all mobility is back. Feelin a bit weaker but give it a couple of weeks and I will be on track again.

    Started out doing some light tricep cable pulldowns the other week and today marked the 1st day were I could do skulls, dips and CGBP.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=616729753#post616729753

    'Some people dream of success...others stay awake to achieve it'
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User latvia1230's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2007
    Age: 36
    Stats: 5'8", 198 lbs
    Posts: 487
    BodyPoints: 30747
    Rep Power: 105
    latvia1230 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latvia1230 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latvia1230 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latvia1230 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latvia1230 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latvia1230 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latvia1230 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latvia1230 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latvia1230 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latvia1230 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latvia1230 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit latvia1230's BodySpace
    latvia1230 is offline
    that's good news... hope to see ur lifts go up quickly!

    wish i could send the same message about my shoulder soon!
    If it's easy... you do it wrong !
    _________________________________


    Team MuscleScience
    www.MuscleScience.co
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User vp2boy's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Age: 22
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    vp2boy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit vp2boy's BodySpace
    vp2boy is offline

    Smile need help

    hi guys,

    im 17 and i do bodybuilding.. about 5 weeks ago i got this pain on my tricept medial head im guessing becuse thats where the pain is coming from, i got it scanned and the doctor said its all normal but the pain hasnt gone and its kind of getting worst, i want to get back to training my chest an tricepts.. but this put me of training legs and i cant do anything else other then legs and abs preety much. can you guys help me what do i have to do to get it repaired.. and will it be back to how it was? i got the pain but i kept working on it.. and i think thats why its not healing.. please guys any help an advice wil be appreciated,


    thanks
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    no guts no glory wabeer1's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Perth, WA, Australia
    Stats: 5'10", 176 lbs
    Posts: 4,408
    Rep Power: 2303
    wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit wabeer1's BodySpace
    wabeer1 is offline
    Originally Posted by vp2boy View Post
    hi guys,

    im 17 and i do bodybuilding.. about 5 weeks ago i got this pain on my tricept medial head im guessing becuse thats where the pain is coming from, i got it scanned and the doctor said its all normal but the pain hasnt gone and its kind of getting worst, i want to get back to training my chest an tricepts.. but this put me of training legs and i cant do anything else other then legs and abs preety much. can you guys help me what do i have to do to get it repaired.. and will it be back to how it was? i got the pain but i kept working on it.. and i think thats why its not healing.. please guys any help an advice wil be appreciated,


    thanks
    Hey mate, scans will not detect a muscle tear so. With the pain, is it really sharp and does it affect all movements?

    In my case I could still bench but all tricep and rowing motions were all affected. With my injury it was severe and diagnosed as a grade 2 tear which basically put me out of action for 8 weeks. Generally for minor tear you will be out of action for 2-3 weeks but should make a full recovery. I would stay off all exercises that aggrevate it and use an icepack on it if you exercise afterwards as precaution. When you feel that it's nearly fully healed I would start returning back to really light weights to build up strength and mobility, I use to do high rep (25+) cable pushdowns and gradually add back lifts over a 2-3 week period. Overhead lifts should be the last type of lifts was the last type of lifts I added back as they use to tweak my tricep.

    The best advice I could give you is to see a physio and get it properly diagnosed - they will work it out very fast and give you rehab exercises. Let me know how you get on and hope I was able to help.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=616729753#post616729753

    'Some people dream of success...others stay awake to achieve it'
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    Christian Insulin Spiker raiku5's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Stats: 6'1", 138 lbs
    Posts: 1,332
    Rep Power: 227
    raiku5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) raiku5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) raiku5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) raiku5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) raiku5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) raiku5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) raiku5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) raiku5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) raiku5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) raiku5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) raiku5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit raiku5's BodySpace
    raiku5 is offline

    Talking

    Originally Posted by wabeer1 View Post
    Hoping someone can share insight or experience the above type of injury? I'd really appreciate any comments and thoughts.

    About 3 weeks ago, I was doing a heavy set skull crushers (basing mid sets on 4 reps). On my last rep of last heavy set, pressing the weight back up, I felt a short pain in the area in my mid tricep and then felt a major pull. There was very little pain at first after the event but the next day it was a different story.

    It's a odd injury as I can still do bench, rows and biceps but shoulder press, all tricep exercises and DB pullovers are all painful.

    As precuation I went to see a physio the same week that it happend (not the one I would normally see) and said it's a tricep tear and lay off the heavy weights for a week or two. 3 weeks have passed and it has not recovered properly and today I returned to my normal physio who basically advised that its a Grade 2 tear.

    I have now been adviseed that I am not to do any tricep exercises and also give up on the boxing until it heals. I have heard that these injuries can linger and its very demotivating given the momentum I was on.

    From a rehab perspective, I have been given wall pushups with a 'plus' and do the odd tricep extension strech 3x day.
    sorry nam hey are u better yet dont know how old or new this post is i hope ur doing ok man. I can't understand ur injury but i can understand not being able to do certain exercise (i cant relate not being able to do any and you know why hahaha) but yeah man just run and abs legs and some bi u should be good and if it start to hurt dong arms maybe just run and legs and push ups there lighter on your body unless ur 1000000 pounds hahaha but seriously hope ur doing better
    Reply With Quote

  14. #14
    no guts no glory wabeer1's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Perth, WA, Australia
    Stats: 5'10", 176 lbs
    Posts: 4,408
    Rep Power: 2303
    wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit wabeer1's BodySpace
    wabeer1 is offline
    Originally Posted by raiku5 View Post
    sorry nam hey are u better yet dont know how old or new this post is i hope ur doing ok man. I can't understand ur injury but i can understand not being able to do certain exercise (i cant relate not being able to do any and you know why hahaha) but yeah man just run and abs legs and some bi u should be good and if it start to hurt dong arms maybe just run and legs and push ups there lighter on your body unless ur 1000000 pounds hahaha but seriously hope ur doing better
    Injury occured in 2009 - long time ago and was not an experience I would recommend lolz! All good now!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=616729753#post616729753

    'Some people dream of success...others stay awake to achieve it'
    Reply With Quote

  15. #15
    Registered User 123mc456's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    123mc456 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    123mc456 is offline
    Hey man,

    Its a bit late but Ive got the same problem from doing skulls to heavy, was the pain you were getting near your elbow?

    also, what did you do to treat it and help it recover as I want to get back as soon as possible!

    any help would be great.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #16
    no guts no glory wabeer1's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Perth, WA, Australia
    Stats: 5'10", 176 lbs
    Posts: 4,408
    Rep Power: 2303
    wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wabeer1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit wabeer1's BodySpace
    wabeer1 is offline
    Originally Posted by 123mc456 View Post
    Hey man,

    Its a bit late but Ive got the same problem from doing skulls to heavy, was the pain you were getting near your elbow?

    also, what did you do to treat it and help it recover as I want to get back as soon as possible!

    any help would be great.
    I remember the pain was at the lower end of the tricep near the elbow. Rest is the best cure and had to back off from training until the sharp pain had diminished. Best exercise as part of the rehab was light cable tricep pulldowns and after a couple of weeks I started introducing CGBP and Skulls (at 50% of what my mid rep range weight was).

    It's not a common injury and not much info on it when I did it. I remember the physio saying that he had not come across it in all the 15 years of his career. My left tricep (the one that I tore) is marginally bigger than my right one now lol!

    Hit me up if you have any more questions and keep me posted on your recovery.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=616729753#post616729753

    'Some people dream of success...others stay awake to achieve it'
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Whats a great tricep medial head mass builder?
    By Silver Scorpion in forum Exercises
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 10:24 PM
  2. Tricep Medial Head: Tendon Scraping Bone
    By ziggiE in forum Injury Recovery And Prevention
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 08:28 AM
  3. Best Tricep exercise for Medial Head?
    By CriticalAcclaim in forum Exercises
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 04:13 PM
  4. tricep exercises focusing on long and medial head
    By DiezelMug in forum Teen Bodybuilding
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-02-2003, 06:12 PM
  5. Rear Delt or Tricep injury?
    By NextBestThing in forum Teen Bodybuilding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 04:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout