zumba6798 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zumba6798 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zumba6798 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

lost my motivation to lift help!

I have lost majority of my motivation to lift. Around this time last year I was out of shape decided to do something about it, so I started running lifting heavy and eating right checked on these forums everyday for new tips. Once I got into decent shape I started getting looks from girls all the time, I started laying off the gym and going to the clubs more well long story short I havent been serious about it anymore I will get serious every now and then start on a monday eat right and lift all week then when the weekend hits i just lose my motivation and eat junk. Also I feel tired when getting home from work and am not in the mood to prep my meals for the next day what should i do about this any input is well appreciated thanks.

Froy-mendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i know whut u mean bro im back in school and wakin up so early and walking an hour to school and another hour to get back home from school and its freakin killin meh. lots of times i just get home from skool and sleep for hours, and miss a workout. i think its a personal challenge to get motivated but it can be affected by people or methods.. reading bodybuilding magazines and sometimes watching some training video clips of hardcore gym warriors on youtube like markus ruhl or kevin levrone or shawn ray really make me want to hit the weights hard, and often itll motivate meh to get another rep in. my goal is to bodybuild but i go heavy on some exercises like bench press because it makes me feel accomplished when i lift a lot and makes me look forward for next time i bench (about evry 5 days) and that little factor helps meh stay on track cause i'll think ''damn im benching in 3 days i should really get this triceps/shoulder workout done so i can be fully prepared for benching'' and so it keeps me from skipping workouts. as for nutrition i like to just put 2/3's of a cup of oatmeal into a ziplock baggie mixed with 40g's of protein and i carry a plastic ziplock bowl and disposeable spoon in my lunch bag and i just add water to the bowl and empty the pack of protein and oatmeal into it and mix it and youve got a really high quality 20 second meal rite there that takes like a minute to eat and is full of protein (obviously lol) and slow digesting carbs. also ill have a protein bar just about evry day; or a ready-to-drink protein shake. as for the lunch bag, grocerie stores have a cool new lunch bag thats thermal and closes with a zipper and is big enough to hold 2 gallons and they only cost 2 bucks and u can re-use them! :3
    i pack mah lunches be4 school and eat my oatmeal and protein 4 breakfast and by the time its brunch at 10:15 evrythings still cold and then by the time its lunch at 12:35 evrything's STILL cold, i like those lunch bags but evryone rips on meh cuz im like 225lbs and currently bald and mexican walking around with a pink breast-cancer lunch bag but they have other models! like my favorit is the lucerne brand milk model yeah baby reppin lucern evry day (well most of em; i like their dairy products)
    lol anyways as for my lunch i pack big fat sandwiches with high quality ham and turkey breast/spinach/low-fat provolone cheese/lite mayo/high protein bread--thats rite high protein bread 6g's of protein per slice hehe.
    thats what i do to stay at least to some extent motivated when life is busy and sometimes hectic, maybe u might like to try some of these things if u like; hope all goes well.

p.s. im a big fan of kevin levrone, and he's set up a forum on his personal website where he adresses evryone on there every day and even answers peoples questions personally in video! hes like the 1 guy i really look up to and want to be like someday, so checkin in to his forum is really cool (for me). i agree with what u said bout bodybuilding.com being a good motivating factor if it wasnt for this site i would have probably:
    1)paid WAY too much for protein/supps
    2)not even known what supps to take
    3)had crappy form in like all my exercises
    4)overtrained and quit
    haha its good to have this site and good to have ppl on here; as i said, hope all goes well bro
    GET BIGGG!

drakes67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drakes67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drakes67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drakes67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drakes67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drakes67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drakes67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drakes67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drakes67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drakes67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drakes67 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am in the same place and same path that you are on. Its a mental thing plain and simple. Either you are going to do it or you're not. I think what you need to do is set 2-3 weeks aside to dedicate yourself to eating and exercising. Don't make any plans on the weekends with anybody!! If you can make it through 3 weeks I think you will be in the right mindset again. This is what I am going to do. The hardest part is always the first week, as long as we can get over that and then push it for 2 more weeks we'll see progress, feel better, and want to keep going. If you try this let me know. PM me and we can keep each other going. I am starting tonight. I know most people like to start on Monday morning, but screw that, there is no better time than the present time.

iTh3_Riddler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTh3_Riddler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTh3_Riddler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTh3_Riddler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTh3_Riddler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTh3_Riddler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTh3_Riddler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTh3_Riddler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTh3_Riddler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTh3_Riddler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTh3_Riddler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Think about the reasons you started in the first place. Go from there.

kriswebbed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kriswebbed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kriswebbed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kriswebbed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kriswebbed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kriswebbed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kriswebbed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kriswebbed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kriswebbed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am in this kind of deep sh!t way back in my college days. But for me, I barely even have any results. Only few people in my neighborhood notice if there's something changing within me.

At was on the point of stopping, then I search in google and found out motivational stories including this forum that help me think that "I am not alone"

I boost my attitude towards my goal.

I know its hard man, but trust me. A lot of folks here (including me) has been in that sticky situation. As they always say "Don't Quit"

zumba6798 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zumba6798 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zumba6798 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for all the comments everyone really appreciate it

Registered User muscleexercises's Avatar
    muscleexercises has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Motivation Tips

It's a shame to hear you've lost your motivation. Here's a few things I use which might put the spark back into it.

1). Music. Music for me has always been a powerful aid whilst training. It's usually rock or something that gets me fired up but always seems to give me the drive to lift heavy.

2). Pre-Workout Stimulant. Usually a red bull for me but there's loads of energy drinks out there.

3). Training Partner. Usually just having someone else in the gym training with you will encourage you to put more effort in.

Tom
    www.Muscle-Exercises.com
    Training - Nutrition - Motivation

TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000)
    You'll learn to overcome this when you start lifting for yourself and not for the little woman We've all been there but there's a reason married guys still lift and make huge gains.

Just something to think about.

SonnyVanLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

About motivation

Originally Posted by TNetz View Post
    You'll learn to overcome this when you start lifting for yourself and not for the little woman We've all been there but there's a reason married guys still lift and make huge gains.

Just something to think about.
    Fighters never quit, quitters never fight.

I've learned that having friends that do the exactly same workout as you do, go the same gym at the same time really help you stay motivated. It's easier to accept your own cons and pros when there's somebody to cheer you up. It's also a lot safer to work out with a friend (especially when you're lifting heavy weights).

mant001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mant001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mant001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mant001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mant001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mant001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mant001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mant001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mant001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mant001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mant001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zumba6798 View Post
    I have lost majority of my motivation to lift. Around this time last year I was out of shape decided to do something about it, so I started running lifting heavy and eating right checked on these forums everyday for new tips. Once I got into decent shape I started getting looks from girls all the time, I started laying off the gym and going to the clubs more well long story short I havent been serious about it anymore I will get serious every now and then start on a monday eat right and lift all week then when the weekend hits i just lose my motivation and eat junk. Also I feel tired when getting home from work and am not in the mood to prep my meals for the next day what should i do about this any input is well appreciated thanks.
    Do you enjoy training? who do you feel your training for, others and their reactions or yourself? Everyone goes through low points so dont give up. If you love to train and challenge yourself then focus on that and think of it as the high point in your day, where you get to do something just for yourself and forget everyone else.
    Theres a Buddist quote that says 'your born alone, you live alone and you die alone' and for me its a simple truth. Your the only one that can live your life so make the right choice for yourself because in the end only you can choose your path.

thanks for all the motivation guys appreciate it

kapitaljin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kapitaljin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kapitaljin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kapitaljin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kapitaljin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kapitaljin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kapitaljin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kapitaljin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kapitaljin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kapitaljin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kapitaljin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When I started going out with my ex (haha notice I said ex) early this year I just completely lost motivation. My mentality was set for "looking good to find a girl." but doesnt that sound very..... well you fill in the blanks.

Your reasons for working out are being blocked by your peers. All of my friends except 1 works out. I had to take the big step backwards away from the group to do what I have to do. Ever since me and my ex broke up, ive been going 5-7 days a week because of what I lost while I didnt go to the gym. Now finally I am getting back to my original weight and MORE!

The bases of my post is, dont lose it now because you are going to regret it later. Set yourself goals no matter how small because it will push you to take it to the next level. Spend some money on supplements and dont let that money go to waste! (esp if your low on dough).

logan2995 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kapitaljin View Post
    When I started going out with my ex (haha notice I said ex) early this year I just completely lost motivation. My mentality was set for "looking good to find a girl." but doesnt that sound very..... well you fill in the blanks.

Your reasons for working out are being blocked by your peers. All of my friends except 1 works out. I had to take the big step backwards away from the group to do what I have to do. Ever since me and my ex broke up, ive been going 5-7 days a week because of what I lost while I didnt go to the gym. Now finally I am getting back to my original weight and MORE!

The bases of my post is, dont lose it now because you are going to regret it later. Set yourself goals no matter how small because it will push you to take it to the next level. Spend some money on supplements and dont let that money go to waste! (esp if your low on dough).
    Ive only been lifting for about a year now, and im 17. I remember when i absolutely loved it, and now i simply dont feel the same about it. Then again.....I tore my TFCC, sprained my same wrist, got a sinus infection, and then had pneumonia. So i was on and off A LOT! I havent seen any real results in quite a long time, and i think thats where most of my loss of motivation is from. Ive had to restart to weight ive already done like 3 times, and its getting old. Im not sick or hurt now, so hopefully i can find something inside myself to really push and also to see more physical restuls now that i can be more consistent.

leonster9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Mental goal

I'm definitely walking in the same shoes. I've lifted for about 6 years now, starting since I was freshman in high school and you'd think by now I'd know everything it takes to get into shape.
    this summer I decided that I'm torching this belly I've carried forever and transform. I followed Greg Plitt's workouts and the first week I did everything that was asked of me in the program and lost like 8 pounds and some more definition in my nonexistent abs. Needless to say I have a life and there are daily hick ups that hit me and sometimes it's hard to maintain my process of hitting the gym twice a day and following his diet plan. Plitt preached that success only comes from repeated failures and so far it's been three weeks since I've started and I slack off like everyday...instead of 2 lifts a day I go once and sometimes I'll skip like 2 days. I've sorta hit the point where I woke up in the morning to lift and instead of going I find myself on your forum asking for the same advice on how to get my motivation back.
    The simple answer is that you have to figure out what you want and stick to it. I've failed this routine twice already....I've tried following it.....failed to keep up....tried again and failed again and next week I will again try to finish the entirety of Plitt's routine....I think it takes a certain number of failures and getting back each time until you finally get back up and finish through it. Hope this helps man, if it helps also know that you're not the first one to experience this, and you most certainly will not be last. Stay focused on your physical and aesthetic goals! Goodluck!

IH8OffDays will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8OffDays will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8OffDays will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8OffDays will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8OffDays will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8OffDays will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8OffDays will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8OffDays will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8OffDays will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8OffDays will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8OffDays will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    never stop lifting bro