Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Creatine results question

I don't think I'm seeing much of a result from taking Creatine. I'm not really sure how to even gauge what would be considered a normal expectation.

Since I've started taking it, all I'm seeing is that I feel fatter but my workout increases have been miniscule at best. I've been taking it for about a month and it's time (according to the directions) for me to cycle off for 3 days (actually, I just checked the calendar and I was supposed to have cycled off LAST Wednesday! I had my phone set to remind me but it didn't! How bad is that?)

Anyway, am I spinning my wheels with this stuff?

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kgartin View Post
    I don't think I'm seeing much of a result from taking Creatine. I'm not really sure how to even gauge what would be considered a normal expectation.

Since I've started taking it, all I'm seeing is that I feel fatter but my workout increases have been miniscule at best. I've been taking it for about a month and it's time (according to the directions) for me to cycle off for 3 days (actually, I just checked the calendar and I was supposed to have cycled off LAST Wednesday! I had my phone set to remind me but it didn't! How bad is that?)

My research shows that either you are a responder or you are not. You decide which category that you fall into. For some it makes them bloated and a touch stronger.

crazykuda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have started taken AST since last 3 weeks only on workout days..Since i didn't go through the loading phase i believe the results will be slow. I have given myself 3 months to see if i get desired results if not then i might just drop it off. One thing for sure, i am feeling a little more energetic and am able to push myself more during workouts, especially after a long day at work.

Also when i tried creatine mono years ago, i did get bloated feeling and my stomach was always crappy..with AST micronized..i don't feel anything like that.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    no need to cycle off. Typically weight gain is between 1 and 2 kg and is initially brought on by water retention, but may be maintained by changes in amount of lean body mass. Athletes generally desire this effect.

Research has corroborated the reports from athletes that Cr can increase exercise performance and muscle mass especially in conjunction with resistance training.

How are you reaching the conclusion that it is not working for you? What type of creatine are you using, as they are NOT all created equal. For example creatine monohydrate is superior in several aspects to creatine ethyl ester (CEE) even though CEE costs more and the supplement companies claim it is better.

kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm using this:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp/creatine.html

I just don't feel like my gains have changed much since before I started taking it (anymore than I would've expected without it).

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Maybe try cycling off and pay special attention to muscle rebound for the next few weeks to see if there's any difference. That's about all I notice with creatine--good muscle rebound and better recovery, but not a huge difference...

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    Maybe try cycling off and pay special attention to muscle rebound for the next few weeks to see if there's any difference. That's about all I notice with creatine--good muscle rebound and better recovery, but not a huge difference...

^^^This. Try and see.

The "placebo" effect is strong with supps; "expect" to feel some difference, and you will.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm using this:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp/creatine.html

I just don't feel like my gains have changed much since before I started taking it (anymore than I would've expected without it).
    I used that same brand of creatine for 6 months. I didn't notice any difference in my workout or recovery at all. I stopped taking it and no change. I guess I am a non-responder. Hey, at least it was cheap. $20 for the tub. No big loss.

I'll just eat steak instead.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thing about creatine is most of the benefits go away when you stop taking it. For me, the bloating & gas were a bother and I didn't notice any improvements.

You can make an argument for creatine being worthy as it "may" improve and/or increase the rate at which you are able to lift heavier and heavier weights.

For me, it's just not worth the hassle. Other people swear by it. All I know is I take enough supplements...my wife is calling me "the mad scientist" from all the pills and powders I take (which aren't that many compared to alot of guys here).

Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000)
    Snake oil IMHO. I tried the stuff and couldn't tell any difference at all.
    Obsession is a word used by the weak to describe the dedicated

strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Creatine is not something your going to notice like an anabolic or hormonal product obviously. It works on the intracellular level. Will allow for more explosive movement, greater pushes pulls. I can see it doing next to nothing for guy who do the typical high volume hi reps ruitine. No matter what else im on, in always notice in increase in my weights and reps as i train HIT-MAX-OT. Lots of heavy explosive movements. not his 12 reps of 4 sets crap to break a sweat.

my .2cc's
    The Truth on test boosters

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122287831

Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by strength777 View Post
    Creatine is not something your going to notice like an anabolic or hormonal product obviously. It works on the intracellular level. Will allow for more explosive movement, greater pushes pulls. I can see it doing next to nothing for guy who do the typical high volume hi reps ruitine. No matter what else im on, in always notice in increase in my weights and reps as i train HIT-MAX-OT. Lots of heavy explosive movements. not his 12 reps of 4 sets crap to break a sweat.

my .2cc's
    I'm sorry, but that makes no sense to me. Are you saying that you'll be stronger on a 3-5 rep lift versus a 12 rep one?

Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

cycle off creatine for three days after just one month of use? that is just pure marketing hype. they are trying to make it sound like their product is so powerful you need to cycle off of it like you would an AAS or P/H. To be honest I have seen the best gains with good old monohydrate. Some people choose to cycle off every three months or so while other never cycle it. the only time I "cycle off" is when I run out and waiting to order more. IMO just because the one your using states that, I would be suspicious of their product. they sure dont want you getting to far away from there product do they? 3 days off lmao

AZMax_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JC480 View Post
    Thing about creatine is most of the benefits go away when you stop taking it.
    Isn't that true of just about anything in life, really, including lifting weights?

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    I'm definitely a creatine responder. On me, creatine is always good for at least 10 lbs of body weight and a 5% increase in strength. It's pretty obvious, both whenever I load it and whenever I come off.
    Overweight and arrogant

Originally Posted by Old_Swole View Post
    cycle off creatine for three days after just one month of use? that is just pure marketing hype. they are trying to make it sound like their product is so powerful you need to cycle off of it like you would an AAS or P/H. To be honest I have seen the best gains with good old monohydrate. Some people choose to cycle off every three months or so while other never cycle it. the only time I "cycle off" is when I run out and waiting to order more. IMO just because the one your using states that, I would be suspicious of their product. they sure dont want you getting to far away from there product do they? 3 days off lmao
    I hear ya. I don't know enough about it to know whether the directions are misleading (I did enough research on it to decide to go ahead and start taking it, but not to second-guess the directions).

Originally Posted by DaddyR View Post
    I'm definitely a creatine responder. On me, creatine is always good for at least 10 lbs of body weight and a 5% increase in strength. It's pretty obvious, both whenever I load it and whenever I come off.
    You gain 10 lbs by taking creatine?

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

hi sport,

may i ask a few really basic questions?

how much are you taking daily?

how long have you been on it?

when do you take it relative to your workouts?

mc

Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I hear ya. I don't know enough about it to know whether the directions are misleading (I did enough research on it to decide to go ahead and start taking it, but not to second-guess the directions).
    Ken, just out of curiosity what product are you using?

Originally Posted by Old_Swole View Post
    Ken, just out of curiosity what product are you using?
    This

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp...130_black.jpeg

From this site. Got it for $18.99 for 1,000 grams

rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I started taking creatine daily about two months ago. Twice per day on workout days, once on off-days.

I'm not sure if it is helping me or not. I do feel as though I can train more often with less less recovery time needed. But is that due to the creatine? How do I really know for sure?

The questions are rhetorical of course, but, with the exception of protein, I don't really know what's helpful and what isn't. I mean, how do you REALLY know? I THINK it's helping me, but I could just be feeling better overall lately.

IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Tekkiah, teruah, tekkiah.....

I'm now on my third cycle of creatine mono. I was 100% sure it was helping me on my first cycle (gained a little weight, muscles looked fuller from the water retention, felt slightly stronger, and could squeeze out a couple extra reps on most exercises). When I did a second cycle after going off for 4 weeks, I didn't notice as much effect. Now I'm on my third cycle and it feels more like my first cycle - I've gained a few pounds and feel like I can push myself just a little harder at the gym. I also take beta-alanine which is a similar muscular endurance supplement. I like being on both at the same time - the effects are subtle, but I do notice it. I also think, though, that there are two kinds of lifters - those that go to the gym and just seem to go through the motions, and those that tear it up, bust ass, and work out like an animal from start to end. I bet the former don't get much benefit from creatine vs. the latter - I consider myself to be the latter :-)

Originally Posted by mgordon View Post
    Tekkiah, teruah, tekkiah.....
    Sha'alu Shalom Yerushalayim

Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I definitely notice a difference when I stop taking creatine: I can't squeeze out as many reps, nor lift quite as much weight. I've quit a few times for different reasons and the results are always the same. I have no doubt that creatine works for me.

I also don't suffer from the bloating others have reported. I am, however, thirsty as hell all the time.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Since I've started taking it, all I'm seeing is that I feel fatter but my workout increases have been miniscule at best.
    Creatine doesn't make you fatter. You retain a bit more water.

I've been taking it for about a month and it's time (according to the directions) for me to cycle off for 3 days (actually, I just checked the calendar and I was supposed to have cycled off LAST Wednesday! I had my phone set to remind me but it didn't! How bad is that?)
    I'm skeptical of the need to cycle. I never "cycle" it, and I do just fine. Every now and then, I'll take a month off of it, but no formal cycles.

If creatine doesn't work for you, maybe you should stop taking it....no supp works the same for everybody.

flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mc- View Post
    hi sport,

mc
    ^^^This, plus what are you mixing it with. Iwas seeing alot of gain the first 2 months I was taking it...not so much now. Think I am going to drop it for awhile then restart later to see if it actually helps.

hi sport,

mc
    Just saw your post!

10 grams daily (5 morning and 5 evening)

About a month

Usually morning before workouts but sometimes (if I forget) right afterwards.

I take it strictly with water.

Thanks!

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DaddyR View Post
    This is pretty much me. It makes me retain water which when I lift makes my muscles bigger and stay swollen longer. When I go off of it I am not as big or strong and it's not a placebo as I've realized after a weak day that I'm not on it, rather than the other way around. I've read that your body won't use it until the day after you take it, which I believe.

To me it's a mixed blessing, it's nice to have that pump and a little boost in strength, but the retaining water and other effects aren't always great.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just saw your post!

10 grams daily (5 morning and 5 evening)

About a month

Usually morning before workouts but sometimes (if I forget) right afterwards.

I take it strictly with water.

Thanks!
    ok, first it takes about 3 weeks for creatine to get fully into the system anyway, so you're just at a phase where you'd be starting to see effect.

so, you've already loaded. now, you can cut your CrM in half. THere's now (since 2006) pretty much consensus that if you're doing daily amounts you can cut it down to 3-5g a day. It seems that if you're doing every other day, you can double that.

For optimal effect, if this study (link) is any indication, and the folks i work with seem to see it as a Good Thing, you may want to split your amounts into a pre and post drink with 1:1 protein and carb right before and right after your workout .

why not try that for another month, and see what happens?

mc

IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronCity151 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    THere's now (since 2006) pretty much consensus that if you're doing daily amounts you can cut it down to 3-5g a day.
    Do you have a link to a study on this?