DerekW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mom's going to the gym with me , need your help women.

I've been bodybuilding for 4 years, and I finnaly have talked my mom into going to the gym with me tommarrow. I just need to know if at all I should train her differently then how I would show a male to lift. I'm going to start her off with 2 excerises for each body part.I got a list of questions to ask, I fiqure I should ask the acutal women lifters before I look to my books.

1) Do women train their chest?
    2) Do they need more ,less, or equal time to recover from a workout then a male.
    3) What would you reccommend I make the volume of sets for each body part.
    4) Does her protien intake need to be around her body weight? She is 122 lbs.

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Mom's going to the gym with me , need your help women.

Originally posted by DerekW

1) Do women train their chest?
    2) Do they need more ,less, or equal time to recover from a workout then a male.
    3) What would you reccommend I make the volume of sets for each body part.
    4) Does her protien intake need to be around her body weight? She is 122 lbs.
    Good going Derek. Well, since it's your mom, you don't want her starting off hardcore, ease her into training.

Yes, women train chest. We have pectorial muscle too, under the breast. Flat presses will build the entire chest muscle, and high inclines will give her a deeper cleavage. Yikes, we're talking about mom here, arent' we? LOL

A ladies musce is the same as men, therefore recover is the same, 7-10 days. One bodypart a week.

Start her training off slowly, don't want her to be so sore that she can't move. Add or change in 2-3 weeks. After the initial soreness is out, you can have her do 21's, changed tempo, negatives, super sets....

Her protein intake will be fine at 120 gm. Don't forget to give her carbs for muscle endurance and power.

Example Training
    Monday:
    Chest
    Flat Presses 3 x 10
    Incline Presses 3 x 10

Shoulders
    Shoulder Presses 3 x 10
    Lateral Raises 3 x 10

Wednesday
    Legs
    Squats 3 x 12
    Extnesions 3 x 10
    Curls 3 x 10

Back
    Lat Pulldown 3 x 10
    Rows 3 x 10
    Hyper-Extensions 3 x 15

Friday
    Triceps
    Overhead Ext 3 x 10
    Skulls 3 x 10
    Kicks 3 x 10

Biceps
    EZ Curls 3 x 10
    Hammer Culrs 3 x 10

Abs and Calves every other day

She can do light cardio on the off days if she likes.

DerekW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alright, You're awesome. Thanks for all the advice Ms.Fit. You cleared all my questions up.

sara_uk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Remember that an untrained individual takes longer to recover than someone who has been training. 7-10 days is about right but play it by ear. Newbies always end up sore as all hell

Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Follow-up Q regarding recovery: if women have less test, and they do, wouldn't that affect recovery time to a degree? This is using the same logic that guys on steroids can recover faster since they have more test (higher protein synthesis and such).

AoW