Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by neuron View Post
    Exactly. IF you have to take something, then you should choose (baby) asprin vs. ibuprofren or another NSAID.

Ibuprofren has a much higher affinity for COX-2 - which is also why it is ascribed less gastric issues. COX-1 is responsible for decreasing gastrin secretion (i.e. less COX-1=more HCl).
    Thanks for the answer. So far I have only take 1 single pill of Exederin during my 35 days so far. The rest of the time I just deal.. it is really not that bad or a big deal at all. My headaches are usually caffiene related anyways- not from the Xfactor.

Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000)
    The problem is, the route from adipose tissue to skeletal muscle is not a simple function of adipose 'releasing' the FAs into the blood stream. FAs are not soluble and have to be coupled with lipoproteins for plasma transport (an energetic process). Furthermore, skeletal muscle will be competing with other tissue for them, and typically relys on its own store of triacyglycerides for beta-oxidation (at rest).

Ultimately, you would not be getting close to the same concentration of ArA from adipose than when channeling it directly to skeletal muscle. This is no small idea, because ArA seems to be heavily dose-dependent. A slow yield of ArA from adipose is unlikely to perfom the same as a high-dose (Llewellyn mentions 1g, but I've found 2g to be the best).
    So if I can ask- your saying that when you take Ara without food, or insulin at a specific optimal time like on empty stomach in morning, or Pre-workout- then more Ara is going to the skeletal muscle tissue (where you want it) and not to organs and fat and other areas of the body where it will be ineffective ? So 2 caps in morning or empty stomach and then 2 caps pre-workout would make sense?

Originally Posted by Free Weight Friedel View Post
    That's what I'm doing right now.

But, Neuron, are you saying it would be more beneficial to take all 4 caps pre-workout?
    Would all 4 caps at once make more sense than 2 and then two ? at optimal times?

This is no small idea, because ArA seems to be heavily dose-dependent. A slow yield of ArA from adipose is unlikely to perfom the same as a high-dose (Llewellyn mentions 1g, but I've found 2g to be the best).
    without creating a legal issue- your basically saying (not reccomending) that personally you think that higher than 1000mg of Ara is effective ? And you run this yourself (not reccomending others do the same though...) ?

alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wonder how many side effects will develop long term supplementation of ARA and biosynthesis of prostaglandins and leukotrienes...
    Last edited by alfonsillo; 10-09-2009 at 09:23 PM.

Originally Posted by alfonsillo View Post
    I wonder how many side effects will develop long term supplementation of ARA and biosynthesis of prostaglandins and leukotrienes...
    Considering a normal western diet has a good amount of Ara in it naturally and that the supplement has actually been approved by the FDA for use in Baby Food- I don't think much.

Sure the dose of 1250mg is double the normal diet might deliver but I doubt it is that scary in terms of significant side effects for average person.

I think those prone to inflamation or arthritis might want to consider using it - but normal young adults should not worry much in my opinion

dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i took hemodraulix before, and it always seemed that my pumps were WAY crazier if i took it hour and half/ two hours before a workout. just my experience.
    wake up, rape the day

GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
    Considering a normal western diet has a good amount of Ara in it naturally and that the supplement has actually been approved by the FDA for use in Baby Food- I don't think much.

Sure the dose of 1250mg is double the normal diet might deliver but I doubt it is that scary in terms of significant side effects for average person.

I think those prone to inflamation or arthritis might want to consider using it - but normal young adults should not worry much in my opinion
    Newborns have dramatically different nutrient requirements, and 1250mg is much greater than the average Western like diet (50-300mg).

1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GeneGnomeX View Post
    Newborns have dramatically different nutrient requirements, and 1250mg is much greater than the average Western like diet (50-300mg).
    I thought that western diets were more 300mg -600mg.

Isn't there like 900mg of Ara in 10 eggs ?
    I always Rep back ! ! !

neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Arrow

Regardless as to what chronic administration of Arachidonic Acid may precipitate in causing...the point of ArA supplementation is short term (~1-2 months) elevations in omega-6 intake with the goal of increasing/enhancing muscle anabolism.

Studies with NSAIDS clearly show that the body seeks to maintain COX metabolite concentrations within a particular homeostatic range. While NSAIDS efficiently lower inflammatory markers acutely, chronic administration yields lesser results.

Applying this to ArA intake: it would be wise to supplement with ArA acutely to take advantage of the homeostatic latency - which is probably the result of downregulation of COX/PLA2 concentrations.

Nevertheless...further discussion should be taken to a different thread.

Thanks.
    twitter: @bullexinferis

alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alfonsillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im not an expert, but biosynthesis of prostaglandines and leukotrienes may be higher on a single dose supplementation than in little amounts through the diet along the day.

GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 1MoreRepUFool View Post
    I thought that western diets were more 300mg -600mg.

Isn't there like 900mg of Ara in 10 eggs ?
    The paper is now giving me an error with the numbers I alluded to, but this one works: http://journals.cambridge.org/action...07114507761779

Habitual arachidonic acid intake was estimated to range between 110 and 270 mg/d with an average of about 175 mg/d. This is not unlike typical intakes reported for adults in Western countries7?9,18.
    Nobody eats close to 10 eggs but bodybuilders, who usually throw away most of the arachidonic acid rich yolks anyway.

Originally Posted by alfonsillo View Post
    im not an expert, but biosynthesis of prostaglandines and leukotrienes may be higher on a single dose supplementation than in little amounts through the diet along the day.
    Not likely, plus Americans consume the majority of their animal protein rich foods after 6:30pm so in the diet it would come from a large bolus as well. Referenced in Layne's latest paper I believe.

chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think it'd be cool to try out Ara with AICAR.... but it's not even close to economically feasible.

papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Would an insulinogenic workout drink (carbs/aminos) be negative in maximizing AA delivery to skeletal muscle? If so, would there still be benefit upon taking the full AA dose preworkout as suggested, or would another time (upon wakening, 60 mins post meal) be more effective in this case?
    Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Originally Posted by chasinSKURT View Post
    I think it'd be cool to try out Ara with AICAR.... but it's not even close to economically feasible.
    Why? Again... opposing pathways in skeletal muscle (that is if AA even does anything significant in humans which I still doubt it does).

neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by papagunz View Post
    Would an insulinogenic workout drink (carbs/aminos) be negative in maximizing AA delivery to skeletal muscle?
    Yes.

Originally Posted by papagunz
    If so, would there still be benefit upon taking the full AA dose preworkout as suggested, or would another time (upon wakening, 60 mins post meal) be more effective in this case?
    The most effective would be during exercise when skeletal muscle LPL is the most active.

chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why? Again... opposing pathways in skeletal muscle (that is if AA even does anything significant in humans which I still doubt it does).
    I remember reading not long ago about AICAR, and it's ability to increase LPL expression in skeletal muscles, yet not in adipocytes. Perhaps it could beneficial in maximizing AA delivery?

I remember reading not long ago about AICAR, and it's ability to increase LPL expression in skeletal muscles, yet not in adipocytes. Perhaps it could beneficial in maximizing AA delivery?
    I think you are missing the big picture; even if it did, it would itself act on the skeletal muscle and AMPK activation is inhibitory on the anabolic pathway.

Interesting idea.

It would also be wise to supplement with something like glycerol monostearate to ensure proper emulsificaiton.

http://jds.fass.org/cgi/reprint/34/11/1056.pdf

Supplementing with GMS in this manner would also circumvent the problem of getting glycerol into the muscle (i.e. the great "osmotic" problem) due to the fact that it would attain further esterification in the enterocytes, ensuring proper myotrophic cellular absorption (pre-workout). Its beneficial osmotic properties would become relevant after de-esterification within the cell.

X-Factor/Presurge combo?

ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So in a fasted state, preworkout, or am I reading this incorrectly?

So...have a preworkout meal...wait 1.5 hours...take ArA...wait 15-30 minutes...workout?

Good, the enemy of great! Blackjackcat's Avatar
    Blackjackcat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjackcat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjackcat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjackcat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjackcat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjackcat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjackcat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjackcat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjackcat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjackcat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjackcat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ZDub212 View Post

So...have a preworkout meal...wait 1.5 hours...take ArA...wait 15-30 minutes...workout?
    I think he stated that it would be best to take intra workout, but for convenience, the way you have it seems correct(I could be wrong).
    Companies I would not even take free supplements from:

Syntrax
    Anabolic Xtreme

and list keeps growing......

Originally Posted by ZDub212 View Post

Originally Posted by Blackjackcat View Post
    I think he stated that it would be best to take intra workout, but for convenience, the way you have it seems correct(I could be wrong).
    ^Correct

I started taking 2 caps in the morning when I wake up on empty stomach and another 2-3 caps pre workout- just before hitting the weights.

Thanks for the advice Neuron

joemomma35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joemomma35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joemomma35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joemomma35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joemomma35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joemomma35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joemomma35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is there any research on the 50 day suggestion? Last I heard there wasn't enough research done on this and that it was fairly arbitrary.

I've seen good results on x-factor and I'm wondering if I can extend the cycle another 25 days to finish up my semester

BigPapiJR is a name known to all. (+5000) BigPapiJR is a name known to all. (+5000) BigPapiJR is a name known to all. (+5000) BigPapiJR is a name known to all. (+5000) BigPapiJR is a name known to all. (+5000) BigPapiJR is a name known to all. (+5000) BigPapiJR is a name known to all. (+5000) BigPapiJR is a name known to all. (+5000) BigPapiJR is a name known to all. (+5000) BigPapiJR is a name known to all. (+5000) BigPapiJR is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Out of curiousity, how do you all dose AA on non-lifting days?

I started taking 2 caps in the morning when I wake up on empty stomach and another 2-3 caps pre workout- just before hitting the weights.

Thanks for the advice Neuron
    ^This is a great dosing scheme.

^This is a great dosing scheme.
    I owe you. Too bad I only have a few days left of my cycle

Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

I owe you. Too bad I only have a few days left of my cycle
    I'm taking 4 pre-workout and what a difference compared to spliting it 2-2!
    *RCSS Rep*

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ronnie-coleman-signature-series.html

bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BigPapiJR View Post
    This
    livin'

Originally Posted by BigPapiJR View Post
    I do 2 morning empty stomach... 2 afternoon or evening when empty stomach.

piglesia will become famous soon enough. (+50) piglesia will become famous soon enough. (+50) piglesia will become famous soon enough. (+50) piglesia will become famous soon enough. (+50) piglesia will become famous soon enough. (+50) piglesia will become famous soon enough. (+50) piglesia will become famous soon enough. (+50) piglesia will become famous soon enough. (+50) piglesia will become famous soon enough. (+50) piglesia will become famous soon enough. (+50) piglesia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bigla2004 View Post
    this
    x2...

Originally Posted by piglesia View Post
    x2...
    I'm currently running X-Factor Advanced and I am dosing it: 4 caps pre-workout, and 2 caps/day on non-workout days. If I had another bottle I'd probably dose it 4/caps day.

Similarly, if I had the older formula, I'd dose it 8caps pre-workout and 4 caps/day on non-workout days.

The vasodilation from ArA is great, which makes dosing it pre-workout even more lucrative. I'm using this with Presurge and getting wicked pumps that are second to none from my supplementation experience.