Sackett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sackett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sackett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sackett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sackett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sackett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sackett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sackett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sackett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sackett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sackett is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Idea for adding 2 pounds to the bar.

I remember reading someone wanting to know what to do when adding 5 pounds to their lift was too much and how to add just a couple of pounds to the bar. There was a suggestion to put on 1lb weights olympic weights but they were had to find.

I may have found an easy solution for those whose gyms do not carry 1 pound weight. My wife bought some "Softone" wrist weights that are one pound each and I got to playing around with them and discovered that they fit perfectly over an olympic bar and allows you to add 2 instead of 5 pounds when necessary.

She thinks she bought them at Dicks but I am sure they can be found else where

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    That's a good, workable solution for those who don't care to bring their own micro-plates to the gym with them.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    platemakes is another option which work for DBs as well as BB

Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    These look suspiciously similar to magnets used in automobile speakers. Hmmm... Wonder if there are any of those laying around the junk pile at an auto stereo shop?

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
    I remember reading someone wanting to know what to do when adding 5 pounds to their lift was too much and how to add just a couple of pounds to the bar. There was a suggestion to put on 1lb weights olympic weights but they were had to find.

I may have found an easy solution for those whose gyms do not carry 1 pound weight. My wife bought some "Softone" wrist weights that are one pound each and I got to playing around with them and discovered that they fit perfectly over an olympic bar and allows you to add 2 instead of 5 pounds when necessary.

Damn, why didn't I think of that? That is a cool idea, and so much cheaper than the fractional plates which you have to have shipped in. Great idea.
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

jimbop99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbop99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbop99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbop99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbop99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbop99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbop99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbop99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbop99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbop99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbop99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    CHEST, CHEST, CHEST........ I have a wimpy chest, but I'm gonna fix that starting right now!

Edit: I'm having a hard time with making my chest grow, so I decided to shrink my waist instead!

ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you could tie your shoes to the end of the bars. Don't forget to take them off of your feet first

FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
    These look suspiciously similar to magnets used in automobile speakers. Hmmm... Wonder if there are any of those laying around the junk pile at an auto stereo shop?
    Go to the junkyard and get some of the speakers out of the clunkers.
    Knock the magnet assemblies off the back of the baskets, and away you go!

I would put a sock over it so you have something to hold onto when trying to pry it off the plate. Also to keep your fingers clean.

6' 195lbs 32" W 17.5" Gs HeismanWatch's Avatar
    HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Why do people worry about the amount of weight! If you can't go up 5lbs then don't worry about it! What's 2lbs going to do?

Some people focus more on their strength than their actual physical results in the mirror!

Now, that's another point. I need mirrors in the gym at all times!

I guess everyone has their quirks! LOL!!!
    Pre-W/O Weight Days = IntrAbolic
    Post-W/O Weight Days = Purple Intrain
    PWO Weight Days = 100% Whey Optimum
    Protein Drink Between Meals = Myofusion
    BCAA's Throughout the Day = Xtend
    PRE Cardio Days = Purple Wraath
    PWO Cardio Days = Xtend
    Multi-Vitamin = Source Naturals Life Force
    Flex = Animal Flex
    Cissus = Supplement Direct

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by HeismanWatch View Post
    Why do people worry about the amount of weight! If you can't go up 5lbs then don't worry about it! What's 2lbs going to do?
    It's going to keep a progression from stalling, if you can't get the rep count with a 5 pound increase.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    that was me looking because my gym refused to buy fractional plates and they would NOT allow me to bring my own.

I have since resolved the situation. I use the metal handle thingies that you attatch to the multi-functional cable machine thing. They are already at the gym, 1 lb each to each end of the bar against the plates and then I put the spring clip on, adds 2 lbs total.

See, I am smuckin' fart!!

Its def helping me to progress more steadily without stalling.
    Stace ;)

Currently: slow bulk for the winter :)

My Program www.growthstimuloustraining.com (w/ Ryan, my awesome online trainer)

MY JOURNAL = http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133696651&page=3

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

i was able to find 1.25 lb "weenie" weights at copelands or some place at one time; they really helped me inch my way up to using more weights because sometimes, for me, even 5 lbs is too much!! oly size too.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I guess there is a good use for the 2.5lb plates I have. 2X makes a small, but yet 5lb increase. When your dealing with progression, that 5lb could be what sparks progress.

Good thread,
    Andrew
    (Im surrounded by Enternet Ediots)

SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My wife bought some "Softone" wrist weights that are one pound each and I got to playing around with them and discovered that they fit perfectly over an olympic bar and allows you to add 2 instead of 5 pounds when necessary.
    I have these. Thanks for the tip. I have a home gym so it is not really a problem but I don't have 1.25 lb weights. I got wrist weights from Kmart.

JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just put extra squeeze collars on the bar. They are like 1/2 pound each.

Sisyphus67 is just really nice. (+1000) Sisyphus67 is just really nice. (+1000) Sisyphus67 is just really nice. (+1000) Sisyphus67 is just really nice. (+1000) Sisyphus67 is just really nice. (+1000) Sisyphus67 is just really nice. (+1000) Sisyphus67 is just really nice. (+1000) Sisyphus67 is just really nice. (+1000) Sisyphus67 is just really nice. (+1000) Sisyphus67 is just really nice. (+1000) Sisyphus67 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Large washers from an industrial supply house do the trick as well.
    "You can't kill The Metal, The Metal will live on..."

Fueled by caffeine and Tabasco sauce.

LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    reminds me of when my buddy was stuck on 275 on bench, so when he went to get a drink i snuck two 5 lb plates on, sure enough he did it. The mind can play some awful tricks on you.......

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JuicyAnimal View Post
    Just put extra squeeze collars on the bar. They are like 1/2 pound each.
    This is what I do.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.