dj2969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Soreness Kicking in 36 Hours After Workout

Lately after my workouts, I have start getting muscle soreness 36 hours after my sets. Thursday night I did wide grip bench followed by inclines then declines. The last set of each is going to failure. This morning I work up and my chest were and still are sore.

Is there anything I should do during the workout or is there a supplement other than aspirin that reduces the muscle soreness?

Thanks!

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Welcome to DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness)

As far as what to do to alleviate them, I have no idea. To me they are an indicator you really worked the muscle groups hard. I'd just try to perhaps stretch some post WO, some massage, stay on top of the H20 intake, get your 7-8 hours sleep, etc.

If you are getting bad leg DOMS, perhaps budget in some mild cardio post WO (walk, jog, bike, etc) to help the blood flow & move the lactic acid out, etc.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dj2969 View Post
    Lately after my workouts, I have start getting muscle soreness 36 hours after my sets. Thursday night I did wide grip bench followed by inclines then declines. The last set of each is going to failure. This morning I work up and my chest were and still are sore.

Is there anything I should do during the workout or is there a supplement other than aspirin that reduces the muscle soreness?

Thanks!
    Originally Posted by BuckSpin View Post
    Welcome to DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness)

As far as what to do to alleviate them, I have no idea. To me they are an indicator you really worked the muscle groups hard. I'd just try to perhaps stretch some post WO, some massage, stay on top of the H20 intake, get your 7-8 hours sleep, etc.

If you are getting bad leg DOMS, perhaps budget in some mild cardio post WO (walk, jog, bike, etc) to help the blood flow & move the lactic acid out, etc.
    Really, you should want and appreciate the soreness. It should put the thought in your mind that you did well.

If you have a mindset that you don't want that soreness, you should lift lighter, easier, with less volume, and never go to failure. But then what does that do to the accomplishment of your goals?
    Time To Re-Schedule

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There is something you can do. you can wait until tomorrow when it really hurts and look back on today with envy.

Eating a few hundred more calories always makes my DOMS feel better as well.

Just wait until the day when you are not sore, then you will actually miss it.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thanks!
    Wow, yours are delayed. Mine show up 22 hours after training like clockwork.
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thanks!
    It will seem counterintuitive but doing it again removes some of the pain, it flushes some of the crap out of the muscle.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have found in the past through extensive self administered clinical trials that ice cream will in fact eliminate DOMS.
    but...
    it must be Vanilla.

rochey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rochey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rochey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rochey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rochey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rochey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rochey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rochey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Guys,

I find that L-Glutamine everyday along with whey protein, good nutrition, loads of sleep and a good stretch after my wieghts and a warm down with cardio. The only thing that really hurts is my tri's only at a full stretch though.

jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    While I still get DOMS, I have found that by doing stretching of the muscle groups at the end of training session has reduced the DOMS. They are still there but certainly not as severe as they used to be. Dont know if that will work for everyone, but it certainly helps me.
    pick it up and put it down

JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Have the old lady alternate sipping a hot coffee and cold drink while applying it to your muscle...I promise instant relief.

jim11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My chest is an area where i can consistently give myself DOMS. I hit the hot tub and up my protein intake in the evenings. That seems to speed up the recovery process. If the soreness still hanging around by the next time I lift, I will do a lighter workout to get the area pumped. I haven't noticed any obvious difference if I stretch or not.

Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    that only happens to me after leg workouts. the rest is either sore the next day or not at all.
    My Blog:
    http://want-2-b-healthy.blogspot.com/

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    My DOMS usually shows up 24 hours after training that specific muscle group, and peaks 36 to 48 hours after lifting. What I do to alleviate it is to stretch the muscle, then massage it as hard as I can. For back, I lean the muscles into a door jamb and work them as hard as possible. I will also punch my muscles with my fist. I don't have a scientific explanation for that one, but it feels good on a sore muscle..... maybe because it stimulates blood flow, releases endorphins, or something.

Like others have mentioned, I consider my DOMS a "badge of honor", so to speak. It tells me I successfully tore the muscle fibers and that new growth is taking place. I don't mind it too much!
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)