Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How long do competitors train for?

So, I'm sure many people have asked this question... well, maybe .. but I'm curious.. do you guys know how long a person on average will train before they do a competition? I mean, obviously people make gains at different rates and all depends on nutrition etc... BUT on average is there a "timeframe" of how long you should do training before you even consider competing?

I think I'd like to try Bikini first.. and as I build muscle go into figure. I started training about two months ago.. I lift heavy, eat good etc. I don't feel the need to divulge my diet since I just am curious about what a general timeframe should be for what I am shooting for.

For first time competitors who have just started training for the first time in their lives... is it 6 months, 9 months... a year?

just curious
    thanks
    "A witty saying proves nothing."- Voltaire

Favorite fighter: Rich Franklin

TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is an average but a bikini girl doesn't need to do much lifting to do well, just cardio and a clean diet. Figure gals probably 1-2 years of lifting before their body is ready to compete. I saw a local gal only train for 8 months and have a great look for NANBF figure she had lifted before but took several years off, I think she was an exception to the norm.
    What most girls don't realize his how heavy figure gals can lift. When I was trying to put on size I was squating 225, benching 180, curling 35lbs dumb bells, laterial raises 30lbs. Now I don't do that now because I have the size I want. Now I do more plyomentrics and high reps.
    Tamee Marie
    IFBB Pro Fitness
    Go Figure Suits by Tamee Marie
    http://www.tameemarie.webs.com

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TameMe View Post
    This is an average but a bikini girl doesn't need to do much lifting to do well, just cardio and a clean diet. Figure gals probably 1-2 years of lifting before their body is ready to compete. I saw a local gal only train for 8 months and have a great look for NANBF figure she had lifted before but took several years off, I think she was an exception to the norm.
    What most girls don't realize his how heavy figure gals can lift. When I was trying to put on size I was squating 225, benching 180, curling 35lbs dumb bells, laterial raises 30lbs. Now I don't do that now because I have the size I want. Now I do more plyomentrics and high reps.
    Yes I absolutely agree with this.^^

Call me crazy but it seems that more and more women are in such a hurry to get onstage. I've seen numerous pics of women stepping onstage with little to no muscle at all. It's shocking to me and I can't understand why these women are even getting onstage to begin with? For the ones that have trainers, shame on these trainers!

As for bikini I'm curious to see where it goes from here...
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walk2liv is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I appreciate your response. I'm glad you are being straight about the figure. I was just curious how long I should train for cause I don't want to lean out and find out "oops, I don't have the muscle I need".. so I'll definitely wait it out. I rather be ready and actually have the muscle to win and not waste my time ya know? I think those girls kimm are anxious and want to get up on stage when they aren't ready because honestly, from pictures.. the girls in figure look muscular but not that big... I think maybe some girls think that they aren't as big as they actually are in person and get a wrong idea of what it takes to be in figure.

If I do it, I wanna do it right. As far as bikini... dear lord, I'd love to do that for the experience of being up on stage.. but man, they really should have put out a criteria of what they wanted.. a better one cause man, a lot of the women who competed... they should NOT have been up there either. It was like.. I don't even know. it was bad.

I havent done squats in a gym with heavy weights or nothing. but sadly, all I can do for lateral raises is 10lbs and 20lbs for bicep curls. I'm working on it!

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely use it and plus, gives me a chance to save up money.. cause damn, it costs a bit to compete.

pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Walk2liv View Post
    I appreciate your response. I'm glad you are being straight about the figure. I was just curious how long I should train for cause I don't want to lean out and find out "oops, I don't have the muscle I need".. so I'll definitely wait it out. I rather be ready and actually have the muscle to win and not waste my time ya know? I think those girls kimm are anxious and want to get up on stage when they aren't ready because honestly, from pictures.. the girls in figure look muscular but not that big... I think maybe some girls think that they aren't as big as they actually are in person and get a wrong idea of what it takes to be in figure.

If I do it, I wanna do it right. As far as bikini... dear lord, I'd love to do that for the experience of being up on stage.. but man, they really should have put out a criteria of what they wanted.. a better one cause man, a lot of the women who competed... they should NOT have been up there either. It was like.. I don't even know. it was bad.

I havent done squats in a gym with heavy weights or nothing. but sadly, all I can do for lateral raises is 10lbs and 20lbs for bicep curls. I'm working on it!

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely use it and plus, gives me a chance to save up money.. cause damn, it costs a bit to compete.

I started training in April and I will be competing November 8th for figure. I have some pics from yesterday that I posted. I feel like if I would have given myself a little longer I would do better but I need to have goals. I had been lifting some before I started seriously training but not to the extent of where i am now. Hopefully withing the next 5 weeks I will get to where I want to be. Good luck!

TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) TameMe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been telling girls, if your anxious to get on stage start competing in bikini where little to no muscle is okay, do lots of cardio just like figure and reduce calories just like figure. That way you can see what's left under everything. What you will notice is, there isn't alot left, but that's okay for bikini. Do a show every 4-6 months in bikini until they tell you you are too muscular. The judges will tell you when your ready for figure. This will also help with your stage presense.

Goood Luck!!!
    Tamee Marie
    IFBB Pro Fitness

I've been telling girls, if your anxious to get on stage start competing in bikini where little to no muscle is okay, do lots of cardio just like figure and reduce calories just like figure. That way you can see what's left under everything. What you will notice is, there isn't alot left, but that's okay for bikini. Do a show every 4-6 months in bikini until they tell you you are too muscular. The judges will tell you when your ready for figure. This will also help with your stage presense.

Goood Luck!!!
    Wow, that's actually really great advice. Thank you! Oh quick question... what do people generally drop their calories too... is it a gradual drop like 1800 then 1600 then 1400 or something every month? And generally speaking, how much cardio does one do? I despise cardio but if you gotta do it, you gotta do it. (isn't amanda latona pretty muscular for bikini?)

What I do like about bikini is the fact that you don't need a trainer really for that and you don't need to spend crazy money on a suit.. you can get one off the rack.

Thanks so much though for that advice, very awesome. really appreciate that.

I start at 2000 12 weeks out and reduce the calories 150 grams depending on how my body is reacting to my cardio and food intake, usually I'll reduce 100-150 calories till I get to 1500 and at that point I have a high day 1600 calories and then 3 low days 1200-1300. So I carb cycle, fat cycle and calorie cycle just to keep my body on it's toes.
    As far as cardio at 12 weeks out I'm doing 20 minutes 4 days a week, every week I ad some here and there slowly just like I do food. I prefer sprints, step mill, step mill sprints and plyo for my cardio, I feel it tightens up my butty nicely. I personally don't need to do a ton of cardio so I max out at 45 minutes 5 days a week but I do higher intesity than alot of girls. I have seen girls do up to 3 hours a day but I think that's straight up crazy. If you are doing well with your food intake you shouldn't have to do more than 1.5 a day (broken up in two sessions).
    Bikini is all about ATTITUDE! Sparky, flirty personality makes a BIG difference
    Tamee Marie
    IFBB Pro Fitness