NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to get rid of red line around stomach from sitting?

Note that I have small and weak abs, thus poor posture. I'm aware of Alexander Technique (Ballet), Pilates, and Yoga. I try to stand and sit tall, but I usually forget. How can I train my body to have "straight" posture? Do you think stretching out my abs through ab exercises will get rid of the red line on my stomach? Is the reason why I have a red line across my stomach is because my abs are too weak to support my body?

Registered User petitpowerhouse's Avatar
    petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NeedPerfection View Post
    Note that I have small and weak abs, thus poor posture. I'm aware of Alexander Technique (Ballet), Pilates, and Yoga. I try to stand and sit tall, but I usually forget. How can I train my body to have "straight" posture? Do you think stretching out my abs through ab exercises will get rid of the red line on my stomach? Is the reason why I have a red line across my stomach is because my abs are too weak to support my body?
    I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you mean that you get a red line on your skin when you are hunched over or not standing up straight? Or do you mean that you have a permanent red line?
    "Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe," - Albert Einstein

sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Girl, you have some really strange obsession with your abs, going on about how "small" and "weak" they are - NOW you are saying that they might not be able to support your body(?)??.

Have you even looked at alllll the advice that people have given you already? The part about eating more than 1000 calories per day and running???

Have you talked to a counselor or something about your issues? Nobody here can give you advice or help you until you get real about your body image issues.

NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by petitpowerhouse View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you mean that you get a red line on your skin when you are hunched over or not standing up straight? Or do you mean that you have a permanent red line?
    Yes, I get a red line on my skin when I'm hunched over or sitting down (which I have to do at school for 6+ hours a day). They disappear after 10 minutes or less. This is probably from my skin-fat folds pressing on each other and gravity. But this wouldn't be a problem if I had stronger abs and (10 percent lower body fat)

Originally Posted by sacha2 View Post
    Girl, you have some really strange obsession with your abs, going on about how "small" and "weak" they are - NOW you are saying that they might not be able to support your body(?)??.

Have you even looked at alllll the advice that people have given you already? The part about eating more than 1000 calories per day and running???

Have you talked to a counselor or something about your issues? Nobody here can give you advice or help you until you get real about your body image issues.
    I'm not anorexic or have any E.D. I used to have body image issues before, but now I have a healthy diet. 1000 calories is probably just a estimate on how much I eat. I eat often, but not a lot and I eat until I don't feel "hungry".

Running and bodybuilding are my passions. I'm a runner and I'm not going to give it up just for a visible "rectus abdominis" and stronger core. To clarify, I run because it's an individual sport and introspective, not to burn calories and be "thin".

I just think if I had stronger abs I would have better posture and then I wouldn't get that temporary red line across my stomach when sitting down.

Greg. is not very well liked. (-100) Greg. is not very well liked. (-100) Greg. is not very well liked. (-100) Greg. is not very well liked. (-100) Greg. is not very well liked. (-100) Greg. is not very well liked. (-100) Greg. is not very well liked. (-100) Greg. is not very well liked. (-100) Greg. is not very well liked. (-100) Greg. is not very well liked. (-100) Greg. is not very well liked. (-100)
    I used to have that it's your abs coming out, your abs should come out soon if you continue your lifestyle.

SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm not anorexic or have any E.D. I used to have body image issues before, but now I have a healthy diet. 1000 calories is probably just a estimate on how much I eat. I eat often, but not a lot and I eat until I don't feel "hungry".

Running and bodybuilding are my passions. I'm a runner and I'm not going to give it up just for a visible "rectus abdominis" and stronger core. To clarify, I run because it's an individual sport and introspective, not to burn calories and be "thin".

I just think if I had stronger abs I would have better posture and then I wouldn't get that temporary red line across my stomach when sitting down.
    When your abdominals contract, it's called a crunch. So if your hunched over your abs are contracted. You need to strengthen your lower back to fix your slouched posture, and shoulders to fix hunched shoulders. And still then you wont have good posture unless you practice it. Stand up tall, back straight, shoulders back. Simple.
    *Mirror on the wall, here we are again, through my rise and fall, you've been my only friend* -lil wayne

diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Get a Tan....Lower your BF and continue to work your core. That should take care of it

Registered User petitpowerhouse's Avatar
    petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, I get a red line on my skin when I'm hunched over or sitting down (which I have to do at school for 6+ hours a day). They disappear after 10 minutes or less. This is probably from my skin-fat folds pressing on each other and gravity. But this wouldn't be a problem if I had stronger abs and (10 percent lower body fat)
    Everybody has that problem even if they have super ripped abs. Its just as you described, skin mooshing together. The buffest person could hunch over and get a red line if they were sitting that way long enough. Its like how when you make a fist your knuckles turn white... sort of. If you want to get more definition in your abs, fine, but that will not go away.
    If its any help that happens to me all the time when I hunch (which is often) my abs aren't exactly what you would call defined but they aren't a disaster either.
    Hope that helps.
    "Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe," - Albert Einstein

Sunsandsea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunsandsea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunsandsea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Stand up.

Registered User White_Chocolate's Avatar
    White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Chocolate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It takes 30 days to break a bad habit. Everytime you slouch and you realize what you're doing, fix it. Have people around you correct your posture. It's just a bad, bad habit that you have.

Not content with average queenofswords's Avatar
    queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by petitpowerhouse View Post
    Everybody has that problem even if they have super ripped abs.
    ^ Totally.
    Its got nothing to do with strong/supportive abs. I had that red line when I weighed 70kg and had 3 tyres around my waist, and I still getthat red line even though I weigh 53kg and my waist is 27inches. Its just the skin folding over itself when u sit down....
    Enviable Pro bods: Sherlyn Roy; Monica Guerra; Nicole Wilkins- Lee; Rachel Cammon; Jennifer Nicole Lee.

Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just make an honest effort to fix your posture.

Sometime's when I'm working long hours writing into the night, I don't even notice my posture and I stand up feeling stiff and ouchy. With bad posture, that red line is the least of your worries. It goes away after a few minutes, I don't really get the issue.
    Start - 220lbs Current - 134lbs. Workout journal - www.gotthatpma.com

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny. " - Og Mandino

ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The "red line" is where skin has been compressed... similar to the indentations that are left on your waist by a tight waistband. Like you said, it goes away after a few minutes, so don't worry about it.

If you're a desk jockey, try sitting on a Swiss ball instead of a desk chair. Your body will constantly have to use its core to keep you sitting upright.
    Sketchy Dude Outside Museum: "Yo, I'm selling candy for my basketball team..."
    Boyfriend: "No thanks, dude."
    SDOM: "You sure you don't want one for the pretty lady?"
    Ives: "The pretty lady doesn't eat candy. That's how she got so pretty."