Registered User TranquilThought's Avatar
    TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Trying to cut with Minimal Muscle Loss

I'm aware of many different ways to cut but to be honest I'd like to keep at least 90% of the 25lbs of muscle I gained this year and I don't know which method would help me achieve this best.

I've been eating to bulk up and it has worked wonders but now it's time to eat clean. I'm aware of the complex carbs and eating clean. I just want to know which method works best for a slower but cleaner cut.

Cardio in the Morning/Lifting in the Afternoon

Lifting then Cardio immediately following the Lifting

Lift 2 days then Cardio the Next(Repeat)

Which method would you guys recommend?(If you have any other ideas please feel free to share)
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there."

"I Will do what you wont today, So I can do what you cant tomorrow"

"I train to take on an army, so no one man can take me"

"Yeah, I had a girlfriend once, but she couldn't spot me, so what was
    the point?"

-NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the key to maintaining muscle while cutting is to lower calories below maintenance, but not too much.
    lower them gradually. so your maintenance intake is 3000cals, start there, then lower your intake by 100 cals every 2 weeks.

Registered User TranquilThought's Avatar
    TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranquilThought is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by -NastyNate- View Post
    the key to maintaining muscle while cutting is to lower calories below maintenance, but not too much.
    lower them gradually. so your maintenance intake is 3000cals, start there, then lower your intake by 100 cals every 2 weeks.

By "Lower 100 bi-weekly" you mean do this until I see weight loss right and then maintain that intake?

and I'm assuming that any of those methods I mentioned are viable methods
    Last edited by TranquilThought; 02-17-2010 at 03:33 PM.
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there."

"I Will do what you wont today, So I can do what you cant tomorrow"

"I train to take on an army, so no one man can take me"

"Yeah, I had a girlfriend once, but she couldn't spot me, so what was
    the point?"