$big_boy$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $big_boy$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $big_boy$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $big_boy$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $big_boy$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $big_boy$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $big_boy$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $big_boy$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $big_boy$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $big_boy$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $big_boy$ will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question for a personal trainer at la fitness ballys or 24 hour fitness

I am going to get my personal trainer certification n I wanted to train at one of these gyms. My question to u is how does the pay n hours work? Do u work around your clients scheadul or does the gym make u go in a certain amount of hours or what? N does the gym pay u or u only make what the person training u pays u? N how much % does the gym take per customer I train? Ty

Whats good for lower abs? kserajuddin's Avatar
    kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by $big_boy$ View Post
    I am going to get my personal trainer certification n I wanted to train at one of these gyms. My question to u is how does the pay n hours work? Do u work around your clients scheadul or does the gym make u go in a certain amount of hours or what? N does the gym pay u or u only make what the person training u pays u? N how much % does the gym take per customer I train? Ty
    Of the three, I'd definitely recommend Bally's over the others, although that's not really saying much.

They gave you a percentage of your training gross - and last I heard they also pay you for prospecting time.

Do yourself a favor and go read a bunch of books on sales at the bookstore.

And use this as a learning experience until you make the move an go solo - good luck!
    "Do what you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" - either Confucius or the Dalai Lama - I get them confused -

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    which certification? it might matter, might not. for some reason most of these places will only up your rate per cert. meaning if you only have 1 then you are going to start at the bottom of the barrel... expect somewhere between 12-17 an hour... but also expect to start out only working an hour a day a couple days a week. some places don't even pay for prospecting either... if you're lucky you might be able to get split commissions... be sure not to let the sales guys screw you out of those if you deserve them.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

scottya is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottya is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottya is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottya is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottya is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottya is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottya is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottya is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottya is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottya is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottya is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I started at LA Fitness, selling PT as one of the Training Assistant Managers before becoming a full time trainer. Great gym, plenty of traffic, but the pay is not real good. The location I was at pays trainers $6.00 per 1/2 hour session. But the traffic coming through the door is pretty good.

so you can ramp up your client base fairly quick, but then your stuck making $12 per hour if you can live on that, LA Fitness could be a good starting point. Also you get to set your own hours and the trainers are not required to sell, they have Training general Managers and Training Assistant Managers that do it for you, but it would be a good idea to learn how because once you leave you will have to do your own selling