TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can we talk suits?

OK, my first figure competition is in April and I have a few questions for you guys.

1) I know I'll be at a disadvantage because I'm flat-chested, but I'm not getting implants at this point, sooooo........how do I get a triangle top small enough to fit me w/o sagging and looking "empty"? I either need something with NO gathers, puckers or darts or I need to use falsies. What should I do?

2) Where do I go to find a good suit? There isn't anyone that I know of where I live (small town) that makes them. What's the best place on the internet?

3) How many and what types of suits do I need for one show?

Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    They sell suits on this site, from what I hear, they are of good quality.

The triangle top is flat, you dont need to "fill" it. You will use a glue to secure it in place. One option is bikini bite, (which I dont like), some other people use a spray ahesive (this kind I tried was less effective then the bikini bite, Im still searching for strong enough glue myself). Be sure to sew the strings that can move securely in place, or they will wander when you move your arms from over your head down to your side.

For your first show, as long as the suit is dark enough 1 is usually enough. I opted to buy a spare "just in case".
    "Theia yielded to Hyperion's love and gave birth
    to great Helios and bright Selene and Eos,
    who brings light to all the mortals of this earth
    and to the immortal gods who rule the wide sky."
    (Hesiod, Theogony, 371-74)

RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Aurora
    For your first show, as long as the suit is dark enough 1 is usually enough. I opted to buy a spare "just in case".
    I think there was a misunderstanding here. I was under the impression that you need 2 suits...a one-piece and a two-piece?

Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RxFigure
    I think there was a misunderstanding here. I was under the impression that you need 2 suits...a one-piece and a two-piece?
    I suppose we should clarify what she is competing in. figure, fitness, or bodybuilding. I was thinking bodybuilding.

RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TennisChik
    OK, my first figure competition is in April and I have a few questions for you guys.

LOL. duh.

n/m

rainbowbrite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You will need at least 2 suits. For my first show, I had 1 suit that was all black for prelims, a 1 piece and a 2 piece that was fancier for finals. I also needed any extra support i could get. My prelim top was traingle cut top. I put little inserts in the cup to give it a little extra padding. For the other 2 suits I opted for underwire and added more padding so that it gave me alil exta lift. Worked well for me. I had the suits custom made, but I think you should be able to put inserts in if you order them on line. May be a question you want to ask before ordering. Hope this helps.
    RB

JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Psst....I can also make suits. I'll post pics later as I am wearing two of mine today and have another girl wearing one as well.

TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Jlb......

I'm very interested in your suits. Just spoke with the guy I'm going to hire for my trainer/coach for my upcoming show. I want to find someone to make my suit(s) asap. So, post some pictures and give me some info.

runninggirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey, i just wanted to put in a good word for jlb she made a suit for me that i was going to wear in oct. it was really cute and she did a great job!!! i wish i had some good pics in it to post unfortunately, i dropped too much weight in a relatively short amount of time and it didnt' fit well for the comps. it was my first show, so i had no idea where i would end up. now, i'm hoping to wear it come april. anyway, it's hard to find people who are great to work with, so i thought i'd let you know that j is

good luck!!! let us know how the prep is going . . . .

rg

Well, that's another thing, is knowing what your contest weight is going to be and everything. One can only estimate. I just wish I had someone to help me with the measurements, boob issues (top design, gel inserts, etc.) and stuff like that. I just need good advice.

JLB, get with me as soon as you can. I'd love to see some pics.

JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JLB001 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm sorry I wasn't around yesterday, had my comp. OMG...so many girls! I got last call outs so I know I didn't place well, but hey...its all good! The girl that was wearing one of my suits took 3rd place! I was so excited for her!! She started training and doing her pre comp in Jan! They had to diet her down and then build her back up. Her's a pic that my son took, I have another of her but have to still resize it.

TennisChik...send me an email at gymjunkies@netzero.com and we'll see what we can come up with.

Stacey...thank you for the nice comments. Rememeber...It was trial and error. Just glad everything would out for you either way. :-)

K..found the other one of Linda.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by JLB001; 11-14-2004 at 11:48 AM.

Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Sylvia Tremblay

BTW Sylvia Tremblay, now designs suits, just go to her website for info

www.sylviatremblay.com

Selling suits also helps her to fund her many competions, I've seen a few of them, they are amazing!
    This lifestyle is not easy. It takes consistent, disciplined, dedicated effort and sacrifice. It takes planning and focus. Most of all it takes a never-say-die attitude and the balls to keep on keeping on even during those periods when you make no progress!

I have this one for sale...

Italian Blue Hologram Fabric. Its an A/B top. I did not put inserts for gels on this top nor does it have any padding in the top. Bottoms are scooped front and back in a size small. 82 stones.

PM or email if you need more details.

mussy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JLB001
    Psst....I can also make suits. I'll post pics later as I am wearing two of mine today and have another girl wearing one as well.

Do you do bb siuts also?

I can. Just would need to know what color.

I just finished this one. Its a choc brown panne velvet. Haven't stoned this one. Unlined top, will fit up to a B cup. Small bottoms.

Montanan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow. Very nice work!

mussy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Montanan
    Wow. Very nice work!

I agreee that's beautiful

Thank you! Just keep in mind the season is coming upon us quickly! I can make those in almost any color and my prices are reasonable.

I'm working on getting my website up and going, when I do, I'll let ya'll know.

I have my temp site up. www.fitweardesigns.com

We should have it up and completely function before Christmas.

NickArdizzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

This desinger is great!

Originally Posted by TennisChik View Post

1) I know I'll be at a disadvantage because I'm flat-chested, but I'm not getting implants at this point, sooooo........how do I get a triangle top small enough to fit me w/o sagging and looking "empty"? I either need something with NO gathers, puckers or darts or I need to use falsies. What should I do?

2) Where do I go to find a good suit? There isn't anyone that I know of where I live (small town) that makes them. What's the best place on the internet?

3) How many and what types of suits do I need for one show?
    Call amy at Suits By Amy (her site goes by the same) I send all my first time girls there and she'll answer the phone at night too. Her suits is in this months Oxygen (Oct) page 146 &148 Brooke & Sheri

NickArdizzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile check this 1 out

[Checkout this suit maker out. I think you'll be pleased to add her to your list. Her
    web site is SuitsByAmy. U can see her work in this months Oxygen (oct) Brooke & Sheri
    on pages 146 & 148

andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a question about suits. How far in advance should you order suits? And when you order how do you know what size to order? I don't know exactly what my measurements will be when I cut because I've gained muscle and I've never been as lean as I will be then. I guess I'm asking how can you know that a suit will fit if you are still planning on losing more when you order it?