Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'10", 160 lbs
    BodyPoints: 538
    jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit jr gong's BodySpace

LISS vs HIIT (serious)

I've been thinking for some time on the whole LISS vs HIIT for optimal fat loss thing for a while now so I decided to share my thoughts.

Typically in these threads people will always say "Oh, you should do HIIT, do you want to look like a sprinter or a marathon runner?" And then they'll post this picture

as their reasoning. I don't think anyone should think like this. Why? For starters, they used one of the worse looking marathon runners and one of the best looking sprinters to use as a comparison. Take Dean Karnazes for example, who once ran 50 marathons, in 50 states, in 50 days (yes serious) (google it)

Or David Goggins, another ultra marathon runner

Both these men compete in 100 mile + races yet they don't look as bad as the Finland guy. Also, not ALL sprinters are as jacked as that dude, either.

Some things to consider is that a marathon runner typically will not lift weights as it'd only increase their bulk and make them slower whereas a sprinter does, and often. Steroid use could also come into play as it'd make them bigger, stronger, faster, whereas it'd have no use to a marathon runner.

Another typical argument that HIIT fans push is that "Hey, people have been doing LISS for so long yet they're still fat." This comment is so retarded I don't even want to begin discussing it but for the sake of this topic, I will. Seven out of ten Americans don't exercise and the ones that do and stick to it, almost always see results. The comment of oh you always see those fat people on the treadmill doing LISS or whatever, are unfounded. That individual could have been fatter and already lost weight doing LISS or will lose the weight in the future. Do HIIT advocates remember the people on the cardio machines in such vivid detail that they can tell they aren't progressing month after month? I doubt it.

Personally, I feel as if a mixture of both will get most people where they want to be. Doing HIIT will improve your LISS sessions and vice versa. What are your thoughts?
    The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold a higher esteem to those who think alike than those who think differently - Friedrich Nietzsche

clenly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clenly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clenly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clenly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clenly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clenly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clenly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clenly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clenly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clenly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clenly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    liss is more catabolic and hiit has been proven to be better for burning fat, also it is more time efficient as it takes only 10-15 minutes at the most.

Stats: 6'1", 230 lbs
    platebyplate has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) platebyplate has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) platebyplate has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) platebyplate has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) platebyplate has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) platebyplate has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) platebyplate has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) platebyplate has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) platebyplate has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) platebyplate has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) platebyplate has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit platebyplate's BodySpace
    yea but when you're tired hiit fcuking sucks.
    liss is always just easy to do, no matter how i feel.
    throw on my ipod or the tv, and cruise.
    "not allowed, which you obviously knew"

monoshunter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monoshunter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monoshunter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monoshunter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monoshunter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monoshunter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monoshunter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monoshunter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monoshunter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monoshunter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monoshunter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit monoshunter's BodySpace
    here's what layne norton says about HIIT (not agreeing/disagreeing with it, just interesting)

"Perhaps the most dreaded word in a bodybuilder's vocabulary is "cardio." Unfortunately, cardio is a necessary evil of pre contest prep for most people. Few are able to achieve contest bodyfat levels through diet alone (i.e. ectomorphs with extremely fast metabolisms).

In men, cardio increases lipolysis in visceral fat (surrounding organs), especially in the stubborn abdominal area. In women, cardio increases lipolysis in the stubborn subcutaneous buttocks and thigh area in women. This is due to innervation and blood flow, which aerobic activity influences much more than diet alone 17.

Cardiovascular exercise has several myths surrounding it. The largest myth being that one should perform low intensity cardio in a fasted state. The logic being that if one is in a fasted state, their glycogen levels will be low and will force their body to burn fat. Unfortunately, this idea is misguided.

While performing cardio in a fasted state may indeed increase the amount of calories that are burned from fat stores, it will also increase amino acid oxidation. Cardiovascular exercise while in a fasted state is a great way to increase cortisol release. Cortisol will liberate amino acids to produce glucose (glucose cannot be synthesized from fats) and can lead to muscle loss.

Additionally, I find it ironic that many people take such great care to time their meals so that they do not go for more than 2-3 hours without eating in order to prevent muscle loss. However, they purposefully induce this state and then perform work on top of this!

Research has shown that the type of substrate used during cardiovascular work makes little overall difference on fat loss. This is most likely due to the fact if one relies mostly upon fat stores during cardio (i.e. low intensity cardio), the body will burn predominantly glucose at other times of the day. Likewise, if one mainly utilizes glucose for energy during cardio (i.e. high intensity cardio) the body will customarily rely on fat at other times of the day in order to spare muscle glycogen.

Training in and of itself causes the body to preferentially spare muscle glycogen and burn fat. It makes sense that one should strive to do their cardio on their 'off days' from lifting (as to not further hinder their recovery), and plan their carbohydrate intake similar to their lifting regime.

Cardiovascular work will increase nutrient partitioning towards muscle tissue and away from fat tissue. One should take advantage of this by consuming the bulk of their carbohydrate intake around this time. The benefits are that these nutrients induce fat storage, but will rather be stored in muscle tissue.

Why would you want to deny your muscles nutrients at the most crucial time of the day, but then provide them during rest? It does not make sense. Treat your cardiovascular work like your lifting.

Another question that often arises regarding cardio is the argument "Low-Intensity vs High-Intensity" cardio. Many people automatically assume that low-intensity cardio is better; citing that high-intensity cardio primarily utilizes glucose (anaerobic metabolism), while low-intensity cardio primarily burns fat (aerobic metabolism).

Once again, the substrate used during cardiovascular work is not as important as the caloric deficit created by the cardiovascular work. In actuality, high-intensity cardiovascular work is superior to low-intensity cardio for several reasons

High intensity cardio has a much stronger effect on GLUT-4 translocation in muscle cells due to the increased force of muscle contraction. This means that high-intensity cardio creates a much stronger nutrient partitioning effect towards muscle tissue than low-intensity cardio.

Low periods of low-intensity exercise tend to "overtrain" the fast-twitch muscle fibers and convert the intermediate muscle fibers to slow-twitch fibers. This is not a desirable effect as the fast twitch muscle fibers are those that have the greatest chance to hypertrophy. If your body has less fast twitch fibers, then you will experience less hypertrophy from training.

Understanding Muscle Fiber Types.
    This article will deal mainly with how people think the muscle type makes no difference, how muscle type is over-rated and how it gets more credit...
    [ Click here to learn more. ]

The body's hormonal response to high intensity cardio is similar to the body's hormonal response to resistance training (i.e. increased insulin sensitivity, gh release, Igf-1 release, etc) without placing the same strain on the nervous system as resistance training.

High-intensity cardio causes the body to preferentially store more carbohydrates and burn more fat.

High-intensity cardiovascular exercise increases oxygen expenditure and forces the body to adapt by becoming more efficient at oxygen transport (increase in VO2 max). More efficient oxygen transport to the muscles will increase fat oxidation as fat oxidation is dependant upon the presence of oxygen.

High-intensity cardio seems to be more muscle sparing. Several studies have shown that high-intensity interval training (aka HIT) burns less calories when compared to continuous lower intensity cardio. However, the skinfold losses were greater with the HIT group than in the continuous intensity group. This means not only did the HIT group lose more fat, they also spared more muscle tissue by burning less overall calories .

At this point I am going to refer you to several articles that I think are some of the best I've seen regarding cardiovascular work. I urge you to read them as they will re-emphasize what I have already stated, as well as help you gain a further understanding of how cardiovascular work effects your metabolism.

* http://www.dolfzine.com/page483.htm
    (if you only read one article READ THIS ONE!)
    * http://www.dolfzine.com/page484.htm
    * http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/satter2.htm
    * http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/satter3.htm

I also implore you to read this thread from the bodybuilding.com message boards as it may help you better understand the subject and or answer any questions you might have.

In conclusion, I suggest performing HIT cardiovascular work on their off days only. One should treat this cardio session like a weight session and eat accordingly (as outlined in the diet section). If you must perform cardio on your lifting days then do it on the day you train your weakest body part and divide up your carbohydrate intake in view that you leave enough carbohydrates for both pre/post lifting and cardio."
    PSN = monoshunter

aus gamers add me

Stats: 5'7", 160 lbs
    UltimateSwag has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) UltimateSwag has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) UltimateSwag has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) UltimateSwag has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) UltimateSwag has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) UltimateSwag has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) UltimateSwag has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) UltimateSwag has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) UltimateSwag has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) UltimateSwag has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) UltimateSwag has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit UltimateSwag's BodySpace
    David Goggins is a ****ing BEAST.

The guy is the closest thing to a god...seriously

Stats: 5'9", 187 lbs
    Num3n has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Num3n has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Num3n has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Num3n has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Num3n has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Num3n has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Num3n has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Num3n has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Num3n has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Num3n has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Num3n has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Num3n's BodySpace
    what does LISS stand for......?
    "Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then, what deafness may we not all possess? What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? What is there around us that we cannot know?" ~ OCB, Paul Atreides/Frank Herbert

"If you want to ride the ultimate wave, you have to be willing to pay the ultimate price." ~ Mark Foo

Stats: 5'7", 160 lbs
    Soflogator is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Soflogator is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Soflogator is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Soflogator is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Soflogator is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Soflogator is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Soflogator is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Soflogator is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Soflogator is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Soflogator is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Soflogator is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit Soflogator's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Num3n View Post
    this^^^ prob low-intensity somethin somethin

Registered User ira_est_a_donum's Avatar
    Stats: 6'1", 220 lbs
    ira_est_a_donum has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ira_est_a_donum has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ira_est_a_donum has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ira_est_a_donum has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ira_est_a_donum has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ira_est_a_donum has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ira_est_a_donum has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ira_est_a_donum has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ira_est_a_donum has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ira_est_a_donum has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ira_est_a_donum has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ira_est_a_donum's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by clenly View Post
    liss is more catabolic and hiit has been proven to be better for burning fat, also it is more time efficient as it takes only 10-15 minutes at the most.

to answer the question... studies done lately show that a combo of HIIT and LDLI - longer duration lower intensity - is the best combo to burn fat.. but if you only have time for HIIT then do HIIT.. and if you have extra time do LDLI....

adding a HIIT session every so often (once a week or so) will increase fat burn from LDLI sessions.... HIIT can be very intense and with a few workout sessions per week could cause a person to overtrain IMO....

So I prefer LDLI a few times a week and one HIIT session per week.... for me this is the best combo bc I dont feel over trained and I can burn lots of calories from LDLI (1.5 hour walk with some intervals - say like 3 mph and 6 incline.... sometimes starting out at 12 incline and ever few minutes drop it down 1 incline level until i get to 6 as an example....)

this is my schedule when Im not training for a fight or competition.... when I do that all my cardio comes from rolling and mma stuff...

Stats: 5'10", 175 lbs
    BodyPoints: 20357
    IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit IdahoViking's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Num3n View Post
    Low Intensity Steady State.
    Any workout you can walk away from is a good workout.

Stats: 5'11", 206 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1282
    biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit biggestdog2007's BodySpace
    IMO

HIIT is MUCH less boring that LISS so im more likely to stick with it

HIIT is more efficient as you burn more calories per min than in LISS.

HIIT proves more stress to the body so its more likely to adapt by losing fat.

HIIT is less catabolic and when you consider you get your protein down you faster because of shorter sessions this is magnified.

HIIT increases fitness and athletic performance quickly, LISS does not!

I will never do long periods of LISS again in the gym, its just not worth it imo.

I would only advocate LISS if you are very new to training, extremely unfit and overweight.
    Signatures are for phaggots!

Stats: 5'10", 175 lbs
    BodyPoints: 20357
    IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IdahoViking has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit IdahoViking's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by biggestdog2007 View Post
    IMO

HIIT is MUCH less boring that LISS so im more likely to stick with it

HIIT is more efficient as you burn more calories per min than in LISS.

HIIT proves more stress to the body so its more likely to adapt by losing fat.

HIIT is less catabolic and when you consider you get your protein down you faster because of shorter sessions this is magnified.

HIIT increases fitness and athletic performance quickly, LISS does not!

I will never do long periods of LISS again in the gym, its just not worth it imo.

I would only advocate LISS if you are very new to training, extremely unfit and overweight.
    On the other hand, LISS is generally much easier on the joints than HIIT.
    Any workout you can walk away from is a good workout.

jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jr gong has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    The Layne Norton article is indeed interesting and I agree - I think combining both is the best for achieving overall health and fat loss.
    The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold a higher esteem to those who think alike than those who think differently - Friedrich Nietzsche

Stats: 5'11", 206 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1282
    biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggestdog2007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit biggestdog2007's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by archingjizzrope View Post
    And it doesn't require you to be into it. There is something to be said for that long-term IMO. The reality is you can half-ass your way through a 3.7mph walk in the treadmill for an hour, mostly jamming out on your IPOD. That **** obviously don't fly with weights. If you're not the type of person who likes getting geared up for cardio, it might be the way to go .
    I would imagine a LOT of people dislike cardio but the thing with hiit is you can find something you enjoy doing and incorporate it.

I dont enjoy doing sprints on a tredmill but 1 min intense rounds on a heavy bag followed by a minutes rest and repeat is really enjoyable for me, even though i am soaked to the skin and feel ruined at the end.
    Signatures are for phaggots!

Stats: 6'1", 209 lbs
    BodyPoints: 7803
    du3ce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) du3ce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) du3ce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) du3ce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) du3ce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) du3ce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) du3ce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) du3ce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) du3ce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) du3ce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) du3ce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit du3ce's BodySpace
    i just run a mile 3-4 days a week.

Originally Posted by du3ce View Post
    i just run a mile 3-4 days a week.
    That's pretty low on the spectrum, I just got into a running program and I run 2 miles 3x a week.

BIG-MARBLES is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BIG-MARBLES is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BIG-MARBLES is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BIG-MARBLES is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BIG-MARBLES is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BIG-MARBLES is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BIG-MARBLES is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BIG-MARBLES is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BIG-MARBLES is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BIG-MARBLES is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BIG-MARBLES is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    BIG MARBLES is sick of the HIIT vs. LISS debate.

They are both good, but both have pros and cons.

Depends on teh situation you is in, and on de goalz of said particular person.

For overall effectiveness a combination between the two is best as someone said above. BIG-MARBLES personally finds that LISS can be done on same days as lifting with no problems and HIIT a 1 or 2 days a week tops.

Cardio, good but not needed for fatloss though.

Don't forget...

YOU HAVE NO MARBLES

Stats: 5'11", 230 lbs
    WilyCoder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WilyCoder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WilyCoder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WilyCoder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WilyCoder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WilyCoder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WilyCoder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WilyCoder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WilyCoder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WilyCoder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WilyCoder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit WilyCoder's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by jr gong View Post
    That's pretty low on the spectrum, I just got into a running program and I run 2 miles 3x a week.
    cardio: do as little as you can to get the results you want.

Stats: 6'2", 240 lbs
    BodyPoints: 5029
    SecondSucks has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SecondSucks has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SecondSucks has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SecondSucks has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SecondSucks has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SecondSucks has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SecondSucks has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SecondSucks has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SecondSucks has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SecondSucks has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SecondSucks has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SecondSucks's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by IdahoViking View Post
    Low Intensity Steady State.
    Has anyone every told you that you look like Louie Simmons?

And as far as my contribution goes to this thread, i think both can be utilized effectively when someone is looking to lose weight.
    "Not all your days are going to be stellar, but you have to be here. Consistency is key."

"Football is played with blood, guts, pride, heart and courage. So until you lift the weights run the cross-fields and take the heat keep your mouth shut."
    - Tim Dwight

Stats: 5'10", 157 lbs
    BodyPoints: 3745
    ThrusH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThrusH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThrusH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThrusH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThrusH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThrusH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThrusH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThrusH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThrusH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThrusH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThrusH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit ThrusH's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by BIG-MARBLES View Post
    BIG MARBLES is sick of the HIIT vs. LISS debate.
    The role of speaking in the third person has already been filled by bigbeezy and it couldn't be any more annoying.

Stats: 6'2", 175 lbs
    Limons. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Limons. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Limons. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Limons. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Limons. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Limons. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Limons. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Limons. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Limons. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Limons. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Limons. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Limons.'s BodySpace
    what does LISS stand for? Low intensity stupid ****?

Originally Posted by Limons. View Post
    what does LISS stand for? Low intensity stupid ****?
    Yes, exactly that. Did you not see the serious tag?