mpd1966 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Does high protein + low calorie diet = fat loss and muscle gain????????

Like the title says: If i consume a high protein (1g/lb), low calorie diet can i gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, or do i need to consume a lot of calories? As you can see from the pic, i need to lose some fat. Thanks a lot guys.

Also, in your opinion, should i bulk now and cut later or cut now (pic)?
    Last edited by mpd1966; 09-29-2009 at 06:36 AM.

rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mpd1966 View Post
    Like the title says: If i consume a high protein (1g/lb), low calorie diet can i gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, or do i need to consume a lot of calories? As you can see from the pic, i need to lose some fat. Thanks a lot guys.

Also, in your opinion, should i bulk now and cut later or cut now (pic)?
    It is extremely hard to gain muscle unless you are in a caloric surplus. There are several factors that play a role in gaining muscle mass and it can get fairly complicated. Basically, your body burns calories for everything (including building muscle) if you are taking in less calories than you burn your glycogen levels in your muscles will be depleted and your body will resort to using the protein you intake as fuel (and not very efficiently). Therefore, you will not have the excess protein and glycogen to build muscle.

I would recommend cutting first to see where you are with muscle mass. You may be surprised at how good you look with little body fat and may not want to gain much more mass.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It is possible to gain muscle and lose fat. There are lots of things that influence this:
    - your total body fat. More = better supply of energy for your body to use in building muscle
    - genetics - you "p ratio"
    - nutrient timing. I think you should eat most of your days calories post workout and as little as possible in the window from 12 hours after the workout until the next workout.

Read about intermittent fasting:
    http://www.leangains.blogspot.com/

Also read:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...tion-or-is-it/

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If recomping (as in my second link) doesn't work for you then I'd advise dieting for about 4 weeks then clean bulking for a couple of months. Do this in a zig zag fashion.