Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Do asian guys take longer to build muscle mass?.

or is it just me?. I took 2 months off from the weightroom due to a rotator cuff/elbow injury but now that I'm back for 2 weeks now I've noticed that my weight has remained the same........142 lbs and I"m 5'11!!!! =.=. I workout 1 muscle group a day very intensely, take no supplements since they don't work on me *tried a few before* and I eat something every 2-3 hours whether it's chicken or cornflakes with milk etc. I am getting stronger but when it comes to muscle mass I gain little to none. I also started off with all bones and no meat like 7 months ago when it came to working out and I have gained 8 pounds but it stopped right there. What am I doing wrong?. Is it just in my genes to not get bigger?. Also, is it healthy to eat a cup of peanuts everyday even though it has saturated fat in it?. Thank you.

Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im not an expert but i think ur gonna have to find a supplement that works for you, possibly someone else can suggest some sort of bulking routine

victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Yawnie View Post
    im not an expert but i think ur gonna have to find a supplement that works for you, possibly someone else can suggest some sort of bulking routine
    I tried Mass xxx and Iso mass xtreme. None of them showed any good results. I was thinking of getting superpump and a friend of mine adviced me to get a creatine product but I don't know if it's a waste of money just like the previous supplements or not.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by victor12 View Post
    or is it just me?. I took 2 months off from the weightroom due to a rotator cuff/elbow injury but now that I'm back for 2 weeks now I've noticed that my weight has remained the same........142 lbs and I"m 5'11!!!! =.=. I workout 1 muscle group a day very intensely, take no supplements since they don't work on me *tried a few before* and I eat something every 2-3 hours whether it's chicken or cornflakes with milk etc. I am getting stronger but when it comes to muscle mass I gain little to none. I also started off with all bones and no meat like 7 months ago when it came to working out and I have gained 8 pounds but it stopped right there. What am I doing wrong?. Is it just in my genes to not get bigger?. Also, is it healthy to eat a cup of peanuts everyday even though it has saturated fat in it?. Thank you.
    chicken, corn flakes and milk isnt going to put on mass
    peanuts are high in mono fat not saturated

post ur daily diet
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For God's sake just eat more. Count your cals and macros so you know EXACTLY where you stand nutritionally.
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if youre not gaining weight, youre not eating enough, period. if you were eating more than youre maintenence, youd put on weight. thats just how the body works

Originally Posted by Teej209 View Post
    if youre not gaining weight, youre not eating enough, period. if you were eating more than youre maintenence, youd put on weight. thats just how the body works
    Is it necessary to eat fatty foods like mcdonalds to gain weight?.

Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its not necessary to eat mcdonalds, it is necessary to eat fats.

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No one ever said that. Fats can be an extremely useful way to get the cals in, and are VITAL to a balanced, healthy diet.

Does that mean you should eat 8 burger patties from McD's for dinner? Of course not (Keto excluded). A little common sense goes a LOOONG way.
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

yujin0099 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yujin0099 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yujin0099 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yujin0099 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yujin0099 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yujin0099 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yujin0099 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yujin0099 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yujin0099 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yujin0099 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yujin0099 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm asian and i don't have a problem adding mass...though being meso/endo build helps that. You are prob just a hard gainer. Keep on eating and you will grow.

lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm asian and can put on weight... but i do it very slowly lol. I started at 142 lbs and 2 years later am at 157. I'm in no rush so I just put weight on gradually. I had a friend like you. He blamed it on his genes, but in reality he wasn't eating the right foods + had horrible workout routine.

Originally Posted by lems View Post
    I'm asian and can put on weight... but i do it very slowly lol. I started at 142 lbs and 2 years later am at 157. I'm in no rush so I just put weight on gradually. I had a friend like you. He blamed it on his genes, but in reality he wasn't eating the right foods + had horrible workout routine.
    I kinda blame my case on nutrition and on genes. No one in my entire family has ever lifted a dumbbell before so that could also be why. As for eating, I doubt I eat as much as any bodybuilder on this forum atm.

crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm asian, when I first started I was around 140, skinny, now I'm 162 , 2+years later, I've always had a high metabolism, you just gotta eat, and eat, I know it can be hard but , it works. Try a creatine product too, it should help, also a decent weight gainer with milk will give you around 800 cals, if you have 1-2 those a day and eat enough you'll put on the lbs. Just my .02.
    A wise man knows his limits, A great man knows he has none.

zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I kinda agree with you, I am half asian and compared to some of mates who are Tongan/pacific island build my muscles look compact compared to their large muscle fibers.

So yes, I think being asian doesn't help, but eating more and training like a demon does

Wrong_Hole will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrong_Hole will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrong_Hole will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrong_Hole will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrong_Hole will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrong_Hole will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrong_Hole will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrong_Hole will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrong_Hole will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrong_Hole will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrong_Hole will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    chicken, corn flakes and milk isnt going to put on mass
    peanuts are high in mono fat not saturated

post ur daily diet
    yes it will.

pharmacology major :) dissonance's Avatar
    dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    try a powerlifting routine and eat lots
    -Misc. Surfer Brahs-
    [Official] San Diego Brah

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Danieln has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Danieln has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Danieln has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ^ lol

Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    rofl

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Who do men say that I am?

Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by yujin0099 View Post
    I'm asian and i don't have a problem adding mass...though being meso/endo build helps that. You are prob just a hard gainer. Keep on eating and you will grow.
    Most hard gainers are just Under-eaters.... Eating milk + corn flakes + chicken will put mass on you if you enough but chances are you are not.
    Starting Strength... Again! - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172893

6 Month Beginner Starting Strength Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118409981

AVI at 175 from 4/2013 13nick31's Avatar
    13nick31 is a name known to all. (+5000) 13nick31 is a name known to all. (+5000) 13nick31 is a name known to all. (+5000) 13nick31 is a name known to all. (+5000) 13nick31 is a name known to all. (+5000) 13nick31 is a name known to all. (+5000) 13nick31 is a name known to all. (+5000) 13nick31 is a name known to all. (+5000) 13nick31 is a name known to all. (+5000) 13nick31 is a name known to all. (+5000) 13nick31 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    victor12, You seem to be in roughly the same boat I was in. I'm 19 and 5'11" also and years ago when I was 15 or 16 I used to lift alot and I could never gain any weight but seemed to maybe getting a little more defined or stronger, but no mass gains.

Just recently (May 16, 2009), I decided enough was enough and that I was gonna put on weight. My starting weight was 140 pounds. My weight as of now is 157, while still keeping my definition. I also thought it was impossible for me to put on weight, but as you can see, I was wrong. Oh, I've also been lifting 5 days a week hitting each bodypart over the course of the week.

My diet consisted of roughly 4,000+ calories a day. My goal was to gain about a pound per week, hopefully to weight 165 before the year is out. I've also relied on a weight-gainer, Optimum Nutrition's Serious Mass.

It can be tough and expensive for us smaller guys to gain weight, but in the long run I think it's worth it.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Originally Posted by SwiftyX View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
    hey I AINT A FOB MAN

Originally Posted by 13nick31 View Post
    victor12, You seem to be in roughly the same boat I was in. I'm 19 and 5'11" also and years ago when I was 15 or 16 I used to lift alot and I could never gain any weight but seemed to maybe getting a little more defined or stronger, but no mass gains.

Just recently (May 16, 2009), I decided enough was enough and that I was gonna put on weight. My starting weight was 140 pounds. My weight as of now is 157, while still keeping my definition. I also thought it was impossible for me to put on weight, but as you can see, I was wrong. Oh, I've also been lifting 5 days a week hitting each bodypart over the course of the week.

My diet consisted of roughly 4,000+ calories a day. My goal was to gain about a pound per week, hopefully to weight 165 before the year is out. I've also relied on a weight-gainer, Optimum Nutrition's Serious Mass.

It can be tough and expensive for us smaller guys to gain weight, but in the long run I think it's worth it.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
    Thank you. I tried 2 supplements earlier, Mass xxx and iso mass xtreme but none of them worked on me =/. I guess I eat too little or it's my genes.

KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Asians are just small people by nature, how can one not see this?

Originally Posted by SwiftyX View Post

This has become my new ******** display pic HAHAHA.

Originally Posted by KurtyJ99 View Post
    I guess we are but I have seen quite a few asian guys at the weightroom that are pretty big.

zhouaznbrass is not very helpful. (-500) zhouaznbrass is not very helpful. (-500) zhouaznbrass is not very helpful. (-500) zhouaznbrass is not very helpful. (-500) zhouaznbrass is not very helpful. (-500) zhouaznbrass is not very helpful. (-500) zhouaznbrass is not very helpful. (-500) zhouaznbrass is not very helpful. (-500) zhouaznbrass is not very helpful. (-500) zhouaznbrass is not very helpful. (-500) zhouaznbrass is not very helpful. (-500)
    what? if u try hard enough u'll put on mass

eat more. its not that hard...bust ur ass in the weight room and u'll see results.
    keep at it

Smile with me brother. Nefariousx1's Avatar
    Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KurtyJ99 View Post
    I guess you have never seen a sumo wrestler? Look at asian sumo wrestlers Op they may ridic fat but in retrospect they have an extreme amount of muscle probably more that alot of top bodybuilders. I know they are a very very low percentage but they eat their a$$ off and they get big and strong from it.
    Last edited by Nefariousx1; 09-29-2009 at 02:19 PM.

Addicted to Peanut Butter Ivankannan's Avatar
    Ivankannan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivankannan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivankannan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivankannan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivankannan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivankannan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivankannan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivankannan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivankannan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivankannan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivankannan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My dear friend Victor - the problem is with your motivation level. Keep your chin up, eat and eat some more and you will be fine.

I am an asian too and just like the way you said, my parents are thin and they never lifted. I went to gym irregularly for two years and nothing happened. Instead I put on some fat. I thought that's it, I can't grow, its written down in the genes.

Some time back, I thought enough was enough and I read through Vince Delmonte's scheme. That was a major motivational booster. I realized I haven't been eating well. Since then I have upped my calories level and I eat lot. Even though I am not entirely sure how much muscles I have put than fat, I think I am growing. Everytime I go to the gym, I can lift more than I did last time and that motivates me. At least I am gaining strength.

Vince says there is no such thing as a hardgainer. Its just that people don't eat properly. People blame it on genes and that he calls is stupid. Even though I am not debating this, I told to myself I am not a hardgainer. I eat, I grow. I saw some before and after pics of an asian guy and I was sure I can make it.

So even if I am in this to lose, I will give it a fight.

Reset everything and start afresh. You can make it.
    Last edited by Ivankannan; 09-29-2009 at 03:46 PM.
    Shut the F up and Squat