monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000)

Newly certified under ACSM

Originally I planned on working at a gym for a while, but now decided that it's not worth it.
    So I'm planning on getting a part time job and setting up my business on the side. But I have a few questions that I'd greatly appreciate some answers to
    1. What's an approximation/ball park for insurance?
    2. Where should I go about training my clients? Every gym I've seen is against private training, including the gym I train at, so do I go to their gym, sneak them into mine, go in part to a private gym, or what?
    3. Any ideas on what to charge for a new trainer with just ACSM certification? I'm aware it varies by location (I'm in Minnesota, medium populated area compared to other major areas in the US) but I'm just looking for approximations. I KIND OF have some prices figured.

Thank you for your time if you post
    As of 8/31/09:
    ACSM certified personal trainer

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by monstermn View Post
    Originally I planned on working at a gym for a while, but now decided that it's not worth it.
    So I'm planning on getting a part time job and setting up my business on the side. But I have a few questions that I'd greatly appreciate some answers to
    1. What's an approximation/ball park for insurance?
    2. Where should I go about training my clients? Every gym I've seen is against private training, including the gym I train at, so do I go to their gym, sneak them into mine, go in part to a private gym, or what?
    3. Any ideas on what to charge for a new trainer with just ACSM certification? I'm aware it varies by location (I'm in Minnesota, medium populated area compared to other major areas in the US) but I'm just looking for approximations. I KIND OF have some prices figured.

Thank you for your time if you post
    1. around $170 per year
    2. rent space at a studio or do in-home training
    3. somewhere around the market price in your area. Could range from $25-$100 it really just depends.
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000) monstermn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh wow insurance is A LOT cheaper than I was expecting. Thank you
    As of 8/31/09:

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by monstermn View Post
    Oh wow insurance is A LOT cheaper than I was expecting. Thank you
    No problem.....good luck
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

6X Ironman finisher enduranceninja's Avatar
    enduranceninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Monstermn,

Keep me or us updated on how you are succeeded or not at this. I am close to that same boat as you. I am trying to get ACSM cert soon and thought about skipping the working for a gym and going solo. Like where you live all the gyms here have their own personal trainers and don't allow outside trainers. I am thinking when I go solo working from my clients homes with what equipment they have or incorperate exercises that use ones bodyweight. If that works later rent a studio and buy my own equipment.

Good Luck and hope it all works for you.
    "I ran. I ran till my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more." FightClub

Originally Posted by enduranceninja View Post
    Monstermn,

Keep me or us updated on how you are succeeded or not at this. I am close to that same boat as you. I am trying to get ACSM cert soon and thought about skipping the working for a gym and going solo. Like where you live all the gyms here have their own personal trainers and don't allow outside trainers. I am thinking when I go solo working from my clients homes with what equipment they have or incorperate exercises that use ones bodyweight. If that works later rent a studio and buy my own equipment.

Good Luck and hope it all works for you.
    I've tried applying for atleast 10 gyms - even my current training gym that i've been a member of for 4 years. None replied. So I'm definitely going to go solo. For now I've gotta save up a bit of cash but I've found a few local private gyms available for rent. My #1 choice is around $300 a month x.x
    But yeah, I love ACSM. They have a big focus on elderly people which is a huge area of customer base supposedly. The test was challenging though, good luck on it I'll keep my "journey" updated haha
    As of 8/31/09: