Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10)

lost 5 pounds in a week while on a bulk...

I'm hoping it is mostly water weight? Here's my story...

Decided to take a week off from lifting cuz a couple joints were sore and i had been lifting consistently for bout 8 weeks without a break. anyway, i kept up with my diet 6 out of 7 days during my week off. 3300 calories. anyway, yesterday i got very little sleep and took ******** for a giant test. killed my appetite for the entire day. i think i ended up eating like 1700 calories total, and in the middle of the day i didnt eat for like 8 hours straight. my weight fell from 174 last sunday to 169 today. how much of what i lost do you think is water/fat/muscle?

i felt kinda weak today while lifting. might have been somewhat psychological tho after having seen that weight loss on the scale.
    01-2009: 139 lbs
    01-2010: 181 lbs
    2010 goal : 200 lbs - 10% bf

Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ******** is mostly amphetamine and other related drugs. It could have a diuretic effect like other stimulants. As you noticed, it will kill your appetite.

It would probably take a doctor to tell you for sure, but it's probably water weight.

Unless it's prescribed, lay off the ******** and get more sleep.
    http://claf77.wordpress.com/

chrisr824 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisr824 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=Musclezs;390402921]I'm hoping it is mostly water weight? Here's my story...

Decided to take a week off from lifting cuz a couple joints were sore and i had been lifting consistently for bout 8 weeks without a break. anyway, i kept up with my diet 6 out of 7 days during my week off. 3300 calories. anyway, yesterday i got very little sleep and took ******** for a giant test. killed my appetite for the entire day. i think i ended up eating like 1700 calories total, and in the middle of the day i didnt eat for like 8 hours straight. my weight fell from 174 last sunday to 169 today. how much of what i lost do you think is water/fat/muscle?

i felt kinda weak today while lifting. might have been somewhat psychological tho after having seen that weight loss on the scale.[/QUOT

bulking+********= impossible

im in 5th year pharmacy school and have done my fair share of ******** and as great as it is for your grades , its brutal on your body especially for bulking. lay off it if you're serious about bulking and start managing your study time better

sound like a mom but its the truth

and ******** is a diuretic and suppresses your appetite... two worst things for bulking lol

optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Musclezs View Post

i felt kinda weak today while lifting. might have been somewhat psychological tho after having seen that weight loss on the scale.
    Unless you also ran a marathon during the week, while on ********, I doubt very much that you lost any mass. Probably 90% of that is water.
    **Eat lots and lots of birds. The smaller the bird, the more compact its protein content. Parrots are great sources for protein.**

optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    [QUOTE=chrisr824;390432581]

i felt kinda weak today while lifting. might have been somewhat psychological tho after having seen that weight loss on the scale.[/QUOT

bulking+********= impossible

im in 5th year pharmacy school and have done my fair share of ******** and as great as it is for your grades , its brutal on your body especially for bulking. lay off it if you're serious about bulking and start managing your study time better

sound like a mom but its the truth

and ******** is a diuretic and suppresses your appetite... two worst things for bulking lol
    I feel the same way about weight loss supps (which often mimick something like ********). Unless cutting for a contest (obv not happening here), I'd always want to do it with a little extra cardio and a moderate drop in daily calorie intake. Weight loss stims seem to be a fast track to burning muscle or at least completely negating any muscle building.
    Last edited by optimus1; 09-27-2009 at 08:58 PM.
    **Eat lots and lots of birds. The smaller the bird, the more compact its protein content. Parrots are great sources for protein.**

Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tanglefoot77 View Post
    ******** is mostly amphetamine and other related drugs. It could have a diuretic effect like other stimulants. As you noticed, it will kill your appetite.

It would probably take a doctor to tell you for sure, but it's probably water weight.

Unless it's prescribed, lay off the ******** and get more sleep.
    i almost never take the stuff. i had a 6 hour test on saturday. i just hope it didnt ruin my gains all in one day!

Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i almost never take the stuff. i had a 6 hour test on saturday. i just hope it didnt ruin my gains all in one day!
    Probably didn't.

Most people lose a couple of pounds of water weight overnight while they sleep. However, from a general health point of view, the stuff can have some nasty side effects. Unless you have ADHD or one of the other conditions that it's prescribed for don't take it.

As someone else said, it sounds pretty lame but you'd be better off with a good nights sleep and a couple cups of coffee.

Originally Posted by Tanglefoot77 View Post
    Probably didn't.

Most people lose a couple of pounds of water weight overnight while they sleep. However, from a general health point of view, the stuff can have some nasty side effects. Unless you have ADHD or one of the other conditions that it's prescribed for don't take it.

As someone else said, it sounds pretty lame but you'd be better off with a good nights sleep and a couple cups of coffee.
    i have ADD and an ******** prescription. i take it like twice a year tho cuz i think its terribly unhealthy. i definately needed it yesterday tho.

starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    first of all, 8 weeks of training straight is nothin.. i take a week off every 12 and thats still on the low end of the scale.. second, 5lbs is fuk all to lose in that week of not training and yes i think its mainly water weight OR you could have less in ur tummy then u normaly do + water weight..
    with the ******** unless you got a mojor prob i wouldnt take it, it will stuff everything up, i think it MIGHT be ok during a cut but thats still a MIGHT because you still should eat while on a cut
    MMC 2009 Conan

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    my brother takes ********(sp?) and he was always heavier than me fat and muscle. but recently he has dropped to 191 while i increased to 210. he has to take the meds(he is ADHD) and i havent.As of 2 weeks ago he weighed in at 187 while i weihed in at 206. i am definitely more cut but he has more strength(he is also training for mma/ufc, not sure which one). he says ******** helps him concentrate but kills his diet.
    i guess just go with whatever matters to you the most
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

Originally Posted by 400Lb Gorilla View Post
    my brother takes ********(sp?) and he was always heavier than me fat and muscle. but recently he has dropped to 191 while i increased to 210. he has to take the meds(he is ADHD) and i havent.As of 2 weeks ago he weighed in at 187 while i weihed in at 206. i am definitely more cut but he has more strength(he is also training for mma/ufc, not sure which one). he says ******** helps him concentrate but kills his diet.
    i guess just go with whatever matters to you the most
    i will say this for the last time. i don't take the stuff on a regular basis at all. in the year 2009, yesterday was only the second time i've taken ********. had there not been a giant 6 hour test, there would have been no ********.

i have ADD and an ******** prescription. i take it like twice a year tho cuz i think its terribly unhealthy. i definately needed it yesterday tho.
    Didn't mean to accuse, but I see a lot of kids and college age students abusing ADHD drugs without a prescription. What they don't understand is that most stimulants have a paradoxical calming affect on people who have ADD/ADHD and they typically make it tougher for non-ADHD kids to concentrate due to being completely wired.

The only benefit a non-ADHD person could gain from them is more time awake, but that time is typically less productive than it would be with good study habits and adequate sleep.

As I said before, it's likely water weight, the weakness could be explained by lack of sleep. You'll be okay.

EutecticPoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) EutecticPoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) EutecticPoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) EutecticPoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) EutecticPoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) EutecticPoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) EutecticPoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) EutecticPoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) EutecticPoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) EutecticPoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) EutecticPoint is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I first started taking ******** to treat my ADHD it sucked because I kept losing weight, but after a few months of eating beyond the ******** (thanks to the all-you-can-eat university cafeteria), I got used to bulking while taking the stuff. It it still harder to do though than what a normal person would experience on a bulk, but it's not particularly difficult once you've adapted to it. It's that first couple of weeks to get used to though.

If you have not taken it for a while and then suddenly start taking it again then the reaction tends to be overblown. a sudden increase in your metabolism in one day can deplete your glycogen stores, and leave you feeling weak the next day as the body attempts to conserve energy while it builds it's stockpile back up. Plus the loss of all that glycogen also decreases your water weight as glycogen bonds to water in the cells increasing cell mass. If there is less glycogen and other energy storage units, then your cells hold less water, and you weigh less.

Good luck! Hopefully you aced your test.
    Last edited by EutecticPoint; 09-29-2009 at 01:06 PM.

Originally Posted by EutecticPoint View Post
    When I first started taking ******** to treat my ADHD it sucked because I kept losing weight, but after a few months of eating beyond the ******** (thanks to the all-you-can-eat university cafeteria), I got used to bulking while taking the stuff. It it still harder to do though than what a normal person would experience on a bulk, but it's not particularly difficult once you adapt to it. It's that first couple of weeks to get used to though.

If you have not taken it for a while and then suddenly start taking it again then the reaction tends to be overblown. a sudden increase in your metabolism in one day can deplete your glycogen stores, and leave you feeling weak the next day as the body attempts to conserve energy while it builds it's stockpile back up. Plus the loss of all that glycogen also decreases your water weight as glycogen bonds to water in the cells increasing cell mass. If there is less glycogen and other energy storage units, then your cells hold less water, and you weigh less.

Good luck! Hopefully you aced your test.
    I appreciate all the great and thoughtful responses. I'm going to agree that it was mostly water weight. I been chugging the stuff like crazy since I started this thread and just started a creatine cycle. Thanks again for the help.