BLOODraven1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BLOODraven1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BLOODraven1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Drop-sets, pyramids, negatives!!!!!!

ive been working out the same way for the past 2 years (4 sets of 10 per exercise) until i started lifting with my buddy who is becoming a personal trainer. We have been doing dropsets, pyramids and negatives and its really helping me gain strength.

for those who dont know take the bench press for example:

dropsets: starting off close to your max weight and doing reps until failure then dropping off some weight on each side and repeating until you end up with nothing on the bar (usually stack the bar with 10/25 lbs)

pyramids: same as dropsets but start off light and work your way up

negatives: your spotter applies additional pressure on the bar and your supposed to fight it and push up against it.

anyways, is there any other interesting style of working out that has been beneficial for you? I know switching up your working outs will give best results

KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Supersets.
    Try em

the_beast76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_beast76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_beast76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_beast76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_beast76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_beast76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_beast76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_beast76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_beast76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_beast76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_beast76 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by KOMED View Post
    Supersets.
    Try em
    Always have been un-aware of what Superset is.
    Anyone aware me?

dmoge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmoge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmoge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmoge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmoge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmoge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by the_beast76 View Post
    Always have been un-aware of what Superset is.
    Anyone aware me?
    It's when you do one excercise immediately followed by another. Most common is using opposite muscle groups (example: curl and tricep extension) or a compound and isolation excercise of the same muscle (examples: Bench and flyes)

shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000)
    pre exhausting
    rest pausing
    fst7
    super sets
    tri sets
    giant sets

etc..i like pre exhaust, rest pausing, and fst7 the best though =/

BLOODraven1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BLOODraven1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BLOODraven1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by shaneee View Post
    pre exhausting
    rest pausing
    fst7
    super sets
    tri sets
    giant sets

etc..i like pre exhaust, rest pausing, and fst7 the best though =/

could you give me a little definition for each?

shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BLOODraven1 View Post
    could you give me a little definition for each?
    pre exhausting is doing an isolation movement followed by a compound..like flys then bench..i believe that's done like a superset too flys no rest bench rest repeat

rest pausing is like..you pick a weight you'd fail prolly around 7-9ish and you hit failure on say 8..you then take 10-15 deep breaths and using the same weight do another set and say you get 5 then do the same thing for one more set and you might get say 3..

fst7 training is at the end of a routine you do 7 sets of an isolation movement at the end of your routine all sets done in the 10-12 rep range with 30 secs rest in between..supposed to get such a pump it stretches the fascia leading to muscle growth..example: 3-4 sets bench, 3-4 sets incline bench, then 7 sets flys like that..or the benches+ even dips or something then the fst7

super sets are doing an exercise followed by another one with no rest..like barbell curls with db curls..can also do antagonist pairing for this like close grip bench with barbell curls

tri sets is like a super set except 3 sets back to back to back

giant set is like tri sets except 4 sets back to back to back to back
    i also think giant sets can be even more than 4 sets though?

juan92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i tried supersets they do work