xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Tight Hip Rotators

My hips are very tight and I can tell that my hips are tight because when I stand up my feet naturally rotate out. Also, even when I do things like deadlift or squat, my toes tend to turn out. Also, I can't bring my knees together to my chest (when laying down and stretching) because my hips are too tight. What are some exercises you guys do to fix tight hip rotators and is this common of people who lift and run a lot (i.e. football players)?
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Takemusu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Takemusu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

Subbed for an answer man, I've got exactly the same problem
    Faith move the Mountain

TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000) TheSoldier is just really nice. (+1000)
    stretch your hips then

google hip mobility and hip static stretches and do em 2 times a day
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119333531

i rep those who post in my log often

Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes it is a problem. Having tight hip flexors can also lead other problems such as knee and foot pain. You probably have scar tissue that needs to be broken up and thats why your so tight. There are stretches that you can do to fix this, as I had the same problem. These stretches are quite complicated at first and would be hard to describe without pictures.

My advice to you is to order the book "The Permanent Pain Cure" by Ming Chew. He addresses this problem in this book. I think you can get it on amazon.com. Its like $20. And its well worth it. There are two stretches in the book that I do or my hip rotators and they are called the Human Pinwheel and The hip Flexor stretch. And they involve alot of precise movements. This book has really changed the way I think about things. It talks about nutrition, proper hydration and how to stay flexilbe in all areas of the body. So check it out, read the testimonials.

youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive got the same problem i do static hip flexor stretches mutiple times a day it hurts my hip flexors when i squeeze my knees together and i cant even sit criss cross. Im a starting varsity football player and would also like to hear some responses. i also have lower back problems from time to time which i think goes hand in hand with the hips and i think my hammys are weaker than my quads which is causing my pelvis region to be pulled forward. Just curious how are your hamstrings in comparison to your quads?

xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by youngblood23 View Post
    Ive got the same problem i do static hip flexor stretches mutiple times a day it hurts my hip flexors when i squeeze my knees together and i cant even sit criss cross. Im a starting varsity football player and would also like to hear some responses. i also have lower back problems from time to time which i think goes hand in hand with the hips and i think my hammys are weaker than my quads which is causing my pelvis region to be pulled forward. Just curious how are your hamstrings in comparison to your quads?
    i do actually a lot of romanian deadlifts and try to work on my hammies, but my quads are definitely a lot stronger.
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

milfhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milfhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milfhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milfhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milfhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milfhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milfhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milfhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milfhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milfhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milfhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mobility

Doing these 8 stretches have helped my mobility in general but the last one is a direct hip flexor stretch and probably what your looking for, at the beginning it was painful to do my hips were so tight.
    http://www.defrancotraining.com/ask_...tml#question04
    Last edited by milfhunter; 09-28-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: edit:forgot the link

Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ditto. First, are they tight, or are they weak. If they are weak, sit up straight and keep your legs at a 90 angle a bring your feet above your hips.
    Will rep back 250+

=== ☆ ☆ Fernando Rollins Crew ☆ ☆ ===

58.1% on our stock picking YTD. Trade with us!
    www.TradersBase.com

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i have the same problem, though it's only with my right hip. i tried to hip adductor and adductor exercises. that helps with the pain quiet a bit. but i'm working on hip mobility. going to take a look at the stretches mentioned so far.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheSoldier View Post
    stretch your hips then

google hip mobility and hip static stretches and do em 2 times a day
    this what you were talking about?
    http://stronglifts.com/7-dynamic-str...-hip-mobility/
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

kenzo242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenzo242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenzo242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenzo242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenzo242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenzo242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenzo242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenzo242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenzo242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenzo242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenzo242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xKKx7 View Post
    My hips are very tight and I can tell that my hips are tight because when I stand up my feet naturally rotate out. Also, even when I do things like deadlift or squat, my toes tend to turn out. Also, I can't bring my knees together to my chest (when laying down and stretching) because my hips are too tight. What are some exercises you guys do to fix tight hip rotators and is this common of people who lift and run a lot (i.e. football players)?
    Before you do any stretching you should foamroll your- glutes, hip flexors, quads, IT band, calves, adductors and lats.

Foam rolling (Self Myofascial Release) is a method of inhibiting the tightness in muscles usually associated with muscle imbalances in length and strength. Roll on the aforementioned areas until you feel some discomfort and hold for 30-90 seconds. The pain you feel will help the muscle to release some of the tension built up. Once you've done this for all of the areas mentioned, then you can perform your static strecthing and active isolated strecthing.

Try these:

Foamroll
    IT-Band
    Sets Reps Duration Intensity Tempo Rest Edit
    1-2 N/A 30 sec. N/A N/A N/A

Start Position
    1. Lie with foam roll on side, in front of hip.
    2. Cross top leg over lower, with foot touching floor and bottom leg raised off floor.

Movement
    1. Slowly roll from upper portion of outer thigh, slightly in front of hip joint, to knee; apply pressure on tender spots for 30 seconds.

Piriformis

Start Position
    1. Sit with foam roll on back of hip.
    2. Cross same foot to opposite knee to increase pressure (optional).

Movement
    1. Slowly roll back of hip; apply pressure on tender spots for 30 seconds.

Tensor Fasciae Latae

Start Position
    1. Lie with foam roll on side, in front of hip.
    2. Cross top leg over lower, with foot touching floor and bottom leg raised off floor.

Movement
    1. Slowly roll front of hip, slightly in front of hip joint; apply pressure on tender spots for 30 seconds.

Warm-Up - Stretch

Standing TFL Stretch

Start Position
    1. Stand with one leg back, and other forward; point toes of back foot outward.

Movement
    1. Squeeze butt muscles and shift body forward, straightening rear leg.
    2. Raise arm - same side as rear leg - to opposite side until stretch is felt in outer thigh.
    3. Hold and rotate back; hold 30 seconds.

Supine 90-90 Biceps Femoris Stretch

Start Position
    1. Lie on back with hip and knee of one leg flexed at 90 degrees; other leg extended on floor.

Movement
    1. Place opposite hand behind knee and pull knee slightly across body.
    2. Hold and try to extend leg straight into air until stretch is felt in back of upper leg.
    3. Hold 30 seconds.

Kneeling Adductor Stretch

Start Position
    1. Kneel on one leg; bend side leg, foot straight.
    2. Keep stance slightly wider than shoulder-width apart; place hands on hips.

Movement
    1. Shift weight toward side leg, away from knee on ground until stretch is felt in inner thigh.
    2. Hold 30 seconds.

Foamroll
    Lat

Start Position
    1. Lie on side with arm on floor extended overhead and thumb pointing up.
    2. Place foam roll under armpit.

Movement
    1. Slowly move back and forth; apply pressure on tender spots for 30 seconds.

Quadriceps

Start Position
    1. Lie on stomach with foam roll under front of thigh, upper body supported on forearms.

Movement
    1. Slowly roll front of thigh; apply pressure on tender spots for 30 seconds.

Calf

Start Position
    1. Place foam roll under mid-calf.
    2. Cross opposite leg to increase pressure (optional).

Movement
    1. Slowly roll calf; apply pressure on tender spots for 30 seconds.

Warm-Up - Stretch

Ball Lat Stretch

Start Position
    1. Kneel in front of ball with one arm on ball (thumb pointed up), other hand on ground.

Movement
    1. Reach arm forward to feel stretch along side of torso into lower back.
    2. Attempt to round back by touching butt to heels; hold 30 seconds.

Standing Psoas Stretch

Start Position
    1. Stand with one leg back and other forward. Point toes of back foot inward.

Movement
    1. Squeeze butt muscles and shift body forward, straightening rear leg.
    2. Raise arm - same side as rear leg - to opposite side until stretch is felt in front of pelvis.
    3. Hold and rotate back; hold 30 seconds.

Standing Lat Stretch

Start Position
    1. Place feet shoulder-width apart, with one arm raised above head holding stable object.

Movement
    1. Lower hips toward ground until stretch felt alongside torso and into lower back; hold 30 seconds.

I hope this helps.
    http://www.MMAFitnessandTraining.com

http://www.esp-xc.com

qb0708 is just really nice. (+1000) qb0708 is just really nice. (+1000) qb0708 is just really nice. (+1000) qb0708 is just really nice. (+1000) qb0708 is just really nice. (+1000) qb0708 is just really nice. (+1000) qb0708 is just really nice. (+1000) qb0708 is just really nice. (+1000) qb0708 is just really nice. (+1000) qb0708 is just really nice. (+1000) qb0708 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by xKKx7 View Post
    First off hip rotators are your glutes (used in abduction) and your adductors, (the groin muscles). I'm guessing you have tip Hip FLEXORS. Having your feet rotate out when doing squats and deadlifts doesn't mean you have tight hip flexors, many athletes I personally know and have witnessed performing the said lifts, and myself, do this and many are extremely flexible. Try a foam roller, static stretching, (as mentioned by other posters) massages, all targeting you hip flexors.

This video is from Joe Defranco, it works great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfnA...eature=related

Won't embed
    Off-Season Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120401851

Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity

Citius, Altius, Fortius