Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teej209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how many carbs to load on keto carb loading days?

on the carb loading days on keto, how many carbs should i be eating? and wont it take a lot of calories to do this? wouldnt i be well above maintenance to get this done?

Antjel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got the same question.

When you carb load if you are supposed to take in 10-12 x your weight in kilograms you will be away over your calorie intake if you maintain your protein intake and take zero fat!

Example:
    LBM = 150lbs or 68kg (lbs / 2.2)

Carb Loading day
    Protein = 150g = 600 cals
    Carb = 680g = 2720 cals!!

If anyone can explain if this is acceptable and if not how do you do it that would be great. I honestly want to give this diet a try but my psycho 'rain man' personality needs to have everything explicitly dialed in.

Thanks!

gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Antjel View Post
    I got the same question.

When you carb load if you are supposed to take in 10-12 x your weight in kilograms you will be away over your calorie intake if you maintain your protein intake and take zero fat!

Example:
    LBM = 150lbs or 68kg (lbs / 2.2)

Carb Loading day
    Protein = 150g = 600 cals
    Carb = 680g = 2720 cals!!

If anyone can explain if this is acceptable and if not how do you do it that would be great. I honestly want to give this diet a try but my psycho 'rain man' personality needs to have everything explicitly dialed in.

Thanks!
    Based on my reading (not experience... lol) I think protein is 1g per lb of BODY weight, not LBM. But it seems different articles say different things.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    My 2010 workout journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121701331

My CKD log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120065781 (complete)

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    CKD carbup

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=117544921

You will be above your maintenance calories.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

Antjel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Kudos to Jen indeed. Thank you. It's been tough running the search for this question since "carb Up" hits every single thread about Keto. Thanks!

So if I read correctly...you calculate your 10 per kilogram carb level then that becomes your 70% and build the rest of your macros from there.

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Antjel View Post
    Kudos to Jen indeed. Thank you. It's been tough running the search for this question since "carb Up" hits every single thread about Keto. Thanks!

So if I read correctly...you calculate your 10 per kilogram carb level then that becomes your 70% and build the rest of your macros from there.
    yes. Most people on here will just reverse the keto macros to 65% carbs, and 5% fat. Protein should be good where it's at but some will up that as well.

I like that thread because it also helps to explain a few other things like getting your body out of ketosis before your depletion w/o.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Teej209 View Post
    on the carb loading days on keto, how many carbs should i be eating? and wont it take a lot of calories to do this? wouldnt i be well above maintenance to get this done?
    Shift your fat cals to carb cals. 500-800g of carbs is ideal over 36 hours.
    Like Brutis...you can do dis.