dustjim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustjim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustjim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustjim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustjim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustjim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustjim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustjim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustjim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustjim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dustjim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

LA Fitness Trainers?

I googled La fitness Trainers rates, And all i got back was all these sites with bad reviews about La Fitness trainers. We just signed up with La Fitness today and we have are 1st meeting with a personal trainer 2marrow with a La Fitness trainer. Would it be a waste of money for my wife to buy herself some training session with the trainers there. Because all I read is that La Fitness have bad trainers ?

SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dustjim View Post
    I googled La fitness Trainers rates, And all i got back was all these sites with bad reviews about La Fitness trainers. We just signed up with La Fitness today and we have are 1st meeting with a personal trainer 2marrow with a La Fitness trainer. Would it be a waste of money for my wife to buy herself some training session with the trainers there. Because all I read is that La Fitness have bad trainers ?
    that's total bull****.. the trainer isn't bad, however lafitness is a commercial gym, they operate it as a business.. the trainers do not get paid enough to care really..

Here's one for ya if you believe that..

doctors that work for an HMO are all bad..

Point being people all have different experience levels and abilities and experiences, find a trainer that meets your needs, then pay them..

it's not that hard..
    Proud GrandPa of 2 and Proud New Father expecting in Nov.

NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The person you meet will unlikely be the trainer your wife would end up working with. You will be meeting with a salesperson.

I Do It On My Own xxsupergman25xx's Avatar
    xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=119147101

this thread might help.

a smart trainer wouldnt work there. i have friends that workout at a LA Fitness...i usually end up setting up a routine for them because just by lookin at what these idiots do when theyre training, even they can see the trainers are idiots. most of the trainers follow a set workout routine predetermined by LA fitness. aka ur going to do body specific, 1 muscle group a day, 1 time a week. if i were u...spend an hour or a few researching what you should do urself. this website is phenomenal for that. or...ask one of the trainers on here if any would wanna help you setup a routine.
    http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm - Newsletter!

Posts are my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.
    -----------------------------------
    Baseball insane

-----------------------------------
    i do it all on my own

Annoying Middle Easterner Jay Rawd's Avatar
    Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by xxsupergman25xx View Post
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=119147101

this thread might help.

a smart trainer wouldnt work there.
    Why?

i have friends that workout at a LA Fitness...i usually end up setting up a routine for them because just by lookin at what these idiots do when theyre training, even they can see the trainers are idiots.
    So one gym out of thousands immediately sets a rule in place.

most of the trainers follow a set workout routine predetermined by LA fitness.
    Any proof of this whatsoever? Pro Results offers NO set routine and leaves it up to the trainer to do what he or she wants.

aka ur going to do body specific, 1 muscle group a day, 1 time a week.
    Again, proof?

if i were u...spend an hour or a few researching what you should do urself. this website is phenomenal for that. or...ask one of the trainers on here if any would wanna help you setup a routine.
    Becuase the trainers on bb.com are all a special breed of awesomeness unmtached by this evil LA Fitness corporation?
    The middle of the road, is tryin to find me
    I'm standin in the middle of life with my pains behind me

Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000)
    LA Fitness trainers are bad, X Sport trainers are bad, Bally's Trainers are bad, Crunch triainers are bad, Lifetime trainers are bad, etc.

To be honest the best trainers, bar none, are not in any specific place. You kind of have to use your discernment for this one but simply going by where they woprk is idiotic. At the commercial gym I work for, alot of trainers are bad, but that doesn't mean that it's because of the company they work for.

SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jay Rawd View Post
    LA Fitness trainers are bad, X Sport trainers are bad, Bally's Trainers are bad, Crunch triainers are bad, Lifetime trainers are bad, etc.

To be honest the best trainers, bar none, are not in any specific place. You kind of have to use your discernment for this one but simply going by where they woprk is idiotic. At the commercial gym I work for, alot of trainers are bad, but that doesn't mean that it's because of the company they work for.
    A lot of truth to those statements...

results count that's for sure..

What if I said i know a La fitness trainer that had a client add 1 3/4" to each bi, and lost 4" off his waist and lost 1 lb in 30 days?? or the same trainer that has 3 clients that are 50-53 female wt 125is and leg press 400+ for reps..?? or that trainer also works with and trains a woman with Parkinson disease and is diabetic, and said trainer also teaches swimming lessons to 2 clients... and yes, he works for la fitness.

So.. not "All" trainers that work at a specific commercial gym are bad, it's just like accountants, everyone has the certification.. not all of them will keep you from getting an audit..
    Proud GrandPa of 2 and Proud New Father expecting in Nov.

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by SpyWizard View Post

What if I said i know a La fitness trainer that had a client add 1 3/4" to each bi, and lost 4" off his waist and lost 1 lb in 30 days?? or the same trainer that has 3 clients that are 50-53 female wt 125is and leg press 400+ for reps..?? or that trainer also works with and trains a woman with Parkinson disease and is diabetic, and said trainer also teaches swimming lessons to 2 clients... and yes, he works for la fitness.

So.. not "All" trainers that work at a specific commercial gym are bad, it's just like accountants, everyone has the certification.. not all of them will keep you from getting an audit..
    There used to be a trainer at the chandler la fitness who had a client lose at least 50 lbs and said he got her to run a 23 min 5k at 50. they also used to have a fm trainer who had harder workouts than almost anyone i ever saw working out there and her clients seemed to be improving in body comp by the week. So no all la fitness trainers dont suck.

Whats good for lower abs? kserajuddin's Avatar
    kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SpyWizard View Post

Jay an Spy, both good comments -

But beyond results, the immediate signs of a good trainer are competence and service, and I have a the feeling that the LA FITNESS trainer will definitely fall short in both areas.
    "Do what you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" - either Confucius or the Dalai Lama - I get them confused -

JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    as a certified personal trainer that works out at la fitness...i get so upset by what i see...

the trainers talk on the phone when training a client...
    they carry around their gallon water...
    pay no attention to the client, rather talking to friends that are exercising...

just horrible ettiquet (however its spelled)
    Here to help!

dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As with any employer underpaying for entry level positions you will have two categories of employees:
    1. The people just starting out looking for a way to break into the industry
    2. People who can't work anywhere else because they don't have the talent or motivation to work anywhere else
    As a client, you always hope to get a trainer in category #1. They may not be working for the club long, but you will get your money's worth while they are. The people in category #2 are what all the negative comments in thread are about. Always strive to be #1!
    Professional Fitness Trainer
    MS, NASM, NFPT

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by NDiNardo View Post
    The person you meet will unlikely be the trainer your wife would end up working with. You will be meeting with a salesperson.
    Like he said....your first meeting is more than likely with a salesman. From what I've seen, the quality of trainers at LA Fitness varies. I've seen trainers that appear to be good trainers and I've seen trainers that appear to be bad trainers. Its hard to judge a trainer from the outside looking in, but some things like the trainer talking on the cell phone during a session should never happen.
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

Originally Posted by kserajuddin View Post
    Jay an Spy, both good comments -

But beyond results, the immediate signs of a good trainer are competence and service, and I have a the feeling that the LA FITNESS trainer will definitely fall short in both areas.
    why

Originally Posted by JH34PG View Post
    as a certified personal trainer that works out at la fitness...i get so upset by what i see...

the trainers talk on the phone when training a client...
    they carry around their gallon water...
    pay no attention to the client, rather talking to friends that are exercising...

just horrible ettiquet (however its spelled)
    I will not dispute this, but you can't say that this is because they work at LA fitness

Puck1pa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a trainer with LA Fitness, he is very good, be careful, they are some that are bad, However, they just made him a 'Master" trainer and increased my monthly dues by $30 in the middle of the contract. He didn't have any other education for this upgrade except being the best buddy of the GM. I thought they needed more education and certificates to be a master.

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ask the trainer these questions
    1. are you certified? if yes ask to see the cert (LA Fitness has a copy of it)

2. when they tell you the letters of the cert (ACE, NASM, AAAI/ISMA etc) ask them what those letters stand for. if they cant tell you in 1 second, dont put your health in their hands. I train personal trainers and this question stumps a LOT of personal trainers. it goes to their level of education/study of exercise

3. do they have experience helping people with your disorder. if they say yes, quiz them about your health issues. see what they say

4. If they do more than 1 set per exercise with you - if your a beginner - walk away. DO NOT let them do 30 minutes of legs or 30 minutes of arms etc in you. For beginners 1 set is all you need.

5. Ask them what they know about Rhabdomyolysis. here's my post on it http://www.joe-cannon.com/rhabdomyol...ness-bootcamp/

Do not give up your power to say no to ANY one who tries to push you beyond your comfort zone. I see this a LOT in gyms.
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

RoyceAvery539 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to work at L.A. fitness as a PTD (fancy word for training salesman) basically how its set up at least at the club i was at was the people that were in fact good trainers were reserved for the orientations so that they could sell training, and then we had 1 "Master Trainer" which was 20 extra a session basically another person who was qualified. The reason L.a. doesnt lock you into one trainer is because of their high turnover rate with trainers, basically if a trainer is infact a good trainer they wont be at la long they are only paid $6 per 30 session where as at other locations they make 20-40 per session and if they free lance they have potential to bring home even more. So thats where the stigma of any trainer being worth their salt wouldnt work at la fitness atleast not as a basic trainer

v8hemi is on a distinguished road. (+10) v8hemi is on a distinguished road. (+10) v8hemi is on a distinguished road. (+10) v8hemi is on a distinguished road. (+10) v8hemi is on a distinguished road. (+10) v8hemi is on a distinguished road. (+10) v8hemi is on a distinguished road. (+10) v8hemi is on a distinguished road. (+10) v8hemi is on a distinguished road. (+10) v8hemi is on a distinguished road. (+10) v8hemi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The MAJORITY of LA Fitness trainers are clueless idiots. And they don't exactly practice what they preach, at my LA Fitness at least. Your trainer might be an overweight dude with a beer belly and fatceps.

chrstnalne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    a smart trainer wouldnt work there. i have friends that workout at a LA Fitness...i usually end up setting up a routine for them because just by lookin at what these idiots do when theyre training, even they can see the trainers are idiots. most of the trainers follow a set workout routine predetermined by LA fitness. aka ur going to do body specific, 1 muscle group a day, 1 time a week. if i were u...spend an hour or a few researching what you should do urself. this website is phenomenal for that. or...ask one of the trainers on here if any would wanna help you setup a routine.[/QUOTE]

I got the jist of my own workout routine. All i need is a trainer to help me with proper form to prevent injury. Can i count on LA fitness for this assistance?

PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chrstnalne View Post
    a smart trainer wouldnt work there. i have friends that workout at a LA Fitness...i usually end up setting up a routine for them because just by lookin at what these idiots do when theyre training, even they can see the trainers are idiots. most of the trainers follow a set workout routine predetermined by LA fitness. aka ur going to do body specific, 1 muscle group a day, 1 time a week. if i were u...spend an hour or a few researching what you should do urself. this website is phenomenal for that. or...ask one of the trainers on here if any would wanna help you setup a routine.
    I got the jist of my own workout routine. All i need is a trainer to help me with proper form to prevent injury. Can i count on LA fitness for this assistance?[/QUOTE]

You should be fine for that with any half decent instructor. (i wouldnt pay someone to tell me to improve my form, bring your ipad into th gym with you and look up youtube clips for that whilst you workout). I have never worked out at an LA fitness but doubt that everyone who works there is an idiot as there are too many of those gyms about. Sure quite a few PTs a bad but then again most personal trainers I bump in to don't put enough into their clients program's and routines. For form you'll
    High quality Home Personal Training in Edinburgh, UK.

www.castlepersonaltraining.com

Look us up on ******** "Castlepersonaltraining" or just look me up "Peteratcastle"