mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000)

Odd shoulder injury...from sleeping?

Ok, so I am on day three of a shoulder injury that has me stumped.

I just moved into a new appt, and the first two nights, I slept on the couch...after that first night, my shoulder hurt quite a bit...when I do a lateral raise...just body weight, I feel a bit of discomfort, and when I am doing normal tasks, sometimes just the weight of my arm extended hurts.

I decided to not lift for the rest of the week...but I am wondering, what could have possibly happened while I was sleeping to cause this much discomfort? I know it was not from my shoulder workout...which was last tuesday...(I skipped this week because it hurt.)

I just dont know what it could be...I did my leg workout on thursday morning, and decided to do some light RC exercises, because it hurt, and it felt MUCH better once I was done...but by the end of the day, I felt it again. I am kind of concerned about it now...since it was monday...ok, wait...so 5 days now...and doesnt seem to get better.

I dont have health insurance, so seeing a doctor at this point is not feasible.

Suggestions on what it sounds like the problem COULD be?

mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000)
    for the love of bump.

Im bumping because as of tonight, it has been 9 days...and still hurts...

ANY ideas?

TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mtfx View Post
    Im bumping because as of tonight, it has been 9 days...and still hurts...

ANY ideas?
    Does stretching feel good or bad?

Stretching feels nice. I can do rotary cuff exercises with no problem...unfortunately, it still hurts this morning

I went to the gym monday and did back/bi workout and it actually felt really nice to move it that much, right now...it feels tight and tense.

I am not doing shoulder/trap exercises, but its almost been two weeks now.

I was showing my dad a lateral raise at the gym monday night, and while doing it, I got a pain...I stopped immediately. It was for demonstration purposes...but hurt like hell.

thesparkly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thesparkly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thesparkly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thesparkly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thesparkly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thesparkly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thesparkly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thesparkly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thesparkly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thesparkly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thesparkly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds like a classic case of supraspinatus tendinitis. It is not unusual for sleep to stir this sort of thing up. Typically, when you sleep on your side your shoulders are forced to protract (which is basically a forward translation of the shoulder girdle) and this narrows the subacromial space (which is the space that your supraspinatus sits in), which compresses the supraspinatus tendon leading to inflammation and pain. My suggestion is to treat it with regular ice massage (15 mins 4-6 times a day using an ice cube applied in circular motion to the tendon) and an OTC NSAID (like naproxen or ibuprofen) for 7-14days (taken at night time only). During this time avoid any pressing movements, flyes, dips, chins and lateral raises, but continue leg work, arms, seated row (but try not to let your shoulders protract). Good luck & let us know how you get on.