Location: cirencester, glostershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    fleas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question a beginner here!! anyone out there want to give any advice and tips for body building

hi my name is leanne and i am 25, had my son 4 years ago. I am totally sick of having the same less than avrage body. i always have loved the way body builders look but have never had the guts to try it out, always been to enbarrased to take that step. Now i have and litrally been going to the gym for a week, but still unsure as there are more experienced people at the gym. i want to change and i have the determination. So anyone wishing to give me a helping hand would be very greatfull, thank you x

user89741515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user89741515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user89741515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user89741515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user89741515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user89741515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user89741515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user89741515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fleas View Post
    hi my name is leanne and i am 25, had my son 4 years ago. I am totally sick of having the same less than avrage body. i always have loved the way body builders look but have never had the guts to try it out, always been to enbarrased to take that step. Now i have and litrally been going to the gym for a week, but still unsure as there are more experienced people at the gym. i want to change and i have the determination. So anyone wishing to give me a helping hand would be very greatfull, thank you x
    Get a copy of Oxygen magazine. They have great training routines and a ton of awesome advice. Good luck!
    Alex
    DO WORK CREW ALL THE WAY!!!!

KlaarBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) KlaarBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) KlaarBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) KlaarBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) KlaarBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) KlaarBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) KlaarBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) KlaarBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) KlaarBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) KlaarBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) KlaarBody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I read Muscle and Fitness for women, also Muscle and Fitness for men, Oxygen, and sometimes I pick up some of the other guy ones like MuscleMag, etc.. for variety.
    I try out all the work outs, and read the fat loss tips over and over.

punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000)
    When you learn some good lifting exercises, remember to lift heavy. 8-10 reps to promote hypertrophy. Also, eat lots of protein. Kimm is a good one to give you advice on everything and more.
    Bodybuilding is not weight and repetitions; it’s resistance and absolute muscle failure. It’s not quantitative; it’s qualitative. It’s more mental than physical. It’s more control than rage. It’s the realization that you can always get bigger. ~ bodybuilding

Registered User rockymtncowgirl's Avatar
    rockymtncowgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockymtncowgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockymtncowgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockymtncowgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockymtncowgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockymtncowgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockymtncowgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockymtncowgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockymtncowgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockymtncowgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockymtncowgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Make sure you are eating properly! A bodybuilders body is thanks to a very precise diet. It may take a while to figure out exactly how many calories you should be eating, and what macros work for your body but trust me, its worth the effort!

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Read all the stickies on this board. Read everything you can read from people who know this game and are reputable. There are quite a few on this board.... Look for posts by Layne Norton, Alan Aragon, Emma-Leigh. Base your nutrition on the concepts agreed upon by Lyle McDonald, Alan Aragon, Layne Norton, Jamie Hale (find their home pages and read all the articles on their websites)

Get a program that is already designed such as New Rules of Lifting for Women (it is a book that you can get almost anywhere) and do the program. This book is good because it has a lot of good nutrition information too and you can talk to the authors online at JP Fitness Forums.

These things will put you WAY ahead of the game and the "Oxygen" and other magazine crowd where you have to wade through a bunch of crap and advertising to get the select few nuggets of wisdom.

Ugly Feminazi/Dangerzone princessTiffany's Avatar
    princessTiffany will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessTiffany will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessTiffany will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessTiffany will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessTiffany will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessTiffany will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessTiffany will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessTiffany will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessTiffany will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessTiffany will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessTiffany will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Maybe you should look into a really simple program and just focus on keeping it extremely simple since you're just starting out.

jassa will become famous soon enough. (+50) jassa will become famous soon enough. (+50) jassa will become famous soon enough. (+50) jassa will become famous soon enough. (+50) jassa will become famous soon enough. (+50) jassa will become famous soon enough. (+50) jassa will become famous soon enough. (+50) jassa will become famous soon enough. (+50) jassa will become famous soon enough. (+50) jassa will become famous soon enough. (+50) jassa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First of all make your goals clear ... Measure and not your current weight and size ... then set a target for next 4 months i want to see my self here not the measurements in next column...
    Then have proper diet plan and follow it with heart ... and guess what 60 percent of work is done ...
    You know your destination you gas just drive ur car a bit everyday in ur gym ... and yes click your pics do that ...

jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm a beginner myself and I found a great workout for beginners on this site. Search Todd Opheims workouts for a year. good luck to you!
    ~NEVER GIVE UP~

BriannasMomma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BriannasMomma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BriannasMomma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BriannasMomma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BriannasMomma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BriannasMomma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BriannasMomma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BriannasMomma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BriannasMomma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BriannasMomma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BriannasMomma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I personally like Arnold Schwarzenegger's New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding. He covers everything from A-Z that a beginner possibly needs to know, has pictures of each exercise and explains in detail how to execute them, lists exercise programs, gives meal plans according to what level you are. The book is huge but it really helps give you a place to start.

jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BriannasMomma View Post
    I personally like Arnold Schwarzenegger's New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding. He covers everything from A-Z that a beginner possibly needs to know, has pictures of each exercise and explains in detail how to execute them, lists exercise programs, gives meal plans according to what level you are. The book is huge but it really helps give you a place to start.

Thats awesome! thanks for the info!
    ~NEVER GIVE UP~