dgaetef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgaetef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

most accurate body fat measuring tool

When i started working out and running i measured at 18%. couple months into it i was told i was at 12%. Now that im at my best, i got measured by a personal trainer at my gym and he said i was at 5% (which i dont believe at all since my abs are not really showing like any other 5% person). these were all measure with the calipers.

Whats the most accurate way to measure body fat??

surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A Bod Pod, but unfortunately, everyone doesn't have access to one.

obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i'd say you're right around 10-12% now

usually a 3 site jackson/pollock caliper test is very accurate, almost as good as a bod pod, so long as the individual taking the measurement is well trained, which I'd hope and assume your personal trainer is...when I got ACE certified, we had to pass an accuracy test for body fat measurements with the jackson/pollock 3 site calipers, although our calipers were digital and hooked up to a computer
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dgaetef View Post
    When i started working out and running i measured at 18%. couple months into it i was told i was at 12%. Now that im at my best, i got measured by a personal trainer at my gym and he said i was at 5% (which i dont believe at all since my abs are not really showing like any other 5% person). these were all measure with the calipers.

Calipers are the most cheap accurate way the trainer cannot know what his doing assuming that is what you look like now in your avatar and he should not do the test.

From your avatar you look about 13% give or take you dont have loads of muscle so its a little hard to tell but 5% is very lean step on stage lean.

The best way I find other than calipers is to look in the mirror and other pictures of people on here to see the signs of your body fat %.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wlknier View Post
    No way. Quite a bit more than that if you ask me.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

dgaetef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgaetef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by surefooted View Post
    A Bod Pod, but unfortunately, everyone doesn't have access to one.
    thanks, yea its deff hard to get a hold of one. But i think i found one here that i might get access to

Originally Posted by wlknier View Post

usually a 3 site jackson/pollock caliper test is very accurate, almost as good as a bod pod, so long as the individual taking the measurement is well trained, which I'd hope and assume your personal trainer is...when I got ACE certified, we had to pass an accuracy test for body fat measurements with the jackson/pollock 3 site calipers, although our calipers were digital and hooked up to a computer
    Thanks for the answer man. The trainer i assume he is well trained, maybe not that much in the caliper test haha, but in his defense they werent digital and he takes the measurement very quick on the fold and jots it down.
    Good job and luck on your trainning man, Im trying to gain some muscle but I wanna get rid of this extra fat you dont seem to have haha.

virusulja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) virusulja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) virusulja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) virusulja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) virusulja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) virusulja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) virusulja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Stupid trainer.

Why do you even care about the bf ? Continue working and the fat will disappear.

signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000)

pictures > the mirror > measurements > fit of your clothes > calipers > tanita > the scale

why the fixation on bf%? is your goal to hit a certain bf% or to look a certain way?

Originally Posted by signature166 View Post
    pictures > the mirror > measurements > fit of your clothes > calipers > tanita > the scale

why the fixation on bf%? is your goal to hit a certain bf% or to look a certain way?
    the goal is deff to look a certain way. i feel like with all the measurements and pics i can actually see a result. more psycological than anything, cuz when i look in the mirror i still see myself like i used to with 20 more lbs on me. so to know that ive gained a half inch in my chest or lost 3% bf in a month, to me its rewarding.

BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bod Pod is the best...and sooo easy...going to go get it done tomorrow at the state Uni here
    www.summacumfitness.com

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ JDkeystone's Avatar
    JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BlackBarbieDoll View Post
    Bod Pod is the best...and sooo easy...going to go get it done tomorrow at the state Uni here
    Is it free, or do you hafta pay to get it done?
    RIP Slash_ aka Tim- 06/28/1989 - 02/08/2013 <3

~Forever On Spread Because I don't Use My 5 a Day Like I Used To crew~

IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the goal is deff to look a certain way. i feel like with all the measurements and pics i can actually see a result. more psycological than anything, cuz when i look in the mirror i still see myself like i used to with 20 more lbs on me. so to know that ive gained a half inch in my chest or lost 3% bf in a month, to me its rewarding.
    isn't this the truth

I'm coming up on losing 50lbs and i still think i look pretty much the same.. the scale and body fat % are objective at least.
    We're done.... I lied, 3 more!

Everything we do is a choice, Its time to make the right ones.

Originally Posted by IronBuddhist View Post
    isn't this the truth

I'm coming up on losing 50lbs and i still think i look pretty much the same.. the scale and body fat % are objective at least.
    Im glad someone else understands me haha. But all i can say to help you out that has helped me in seeing better results is the nutrition. Work hard and eat good. Lower your total amount of calories you intake and try to get as much protein as you can for the muscles. im finally seeing some results (under my eyes). ill post some pics this weekend.
    Keep at it my friend!!

du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lulz 5% bf that trainer is an idiot

Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I've read that water displacement tests or Dexa scans are your best bet.
    http://benguinter.com/

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ JDkeystone's Avatar
    JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bennuendo View Post
    I've read that water displacement tests or Dexa scans are your best bet.
    They are, but I think when people come here asking for the most accurate way to measure body fat, they also mean the most realistic, readily accessible, and reasonably priced way too
    RIP Slash_ aka Tim- 06/28/1989 - 02/08/2013 <3

~Forever On Spread Because I don't Use My 5 a Day Like I Used To crew~

Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pumped4life82 View Post
    They are, but I think when people come here asking for the most accurate way to measure body fat, they also mean the most realistic, readily accessible, and reasonably priced way too
    Touche! Body fat calipers can be pretty accurate and cheap.. but you need someone who knows what they're doing to check for you and you need that same person to check you the next time.
    http://benguinter.com/