BigJimSlade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Leg curl alternative?

I've been looking at the 4-way splits suggested by Brit-Beef and wanted to try them out

The trouble is that I workout at home and the only equipment I have is a bench and leg extension so I can't do leg curls.

Anybody know an alternative I can do? I've looked at sites but can't find any.

Thanks for any help
    Get down with that thing

BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts are good.
    "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac." -Henry Kissinger

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster . . . for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    SLDL's
    GM's
    Pullthroughs
    Romanian deads
    Dimel deads

Those work great for my hams.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

Just tried the SLDL for the first time, I used little weight because I want my form to be right before I start loading the weight on. But I don't think I was doing it right because I feel couldn't much happening around the hams, but I could feel action in the calves. I'll have to work on that.
    Get down with that thing

PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by BigJimSlade
    Just tried the SLDL for the first time, I used little weight because I want my form to be right before I start loading the weight on. But I don't think I was doing it right because I feel couldn't much happening around the hams, but I could feel action in the calves. I'll have to work on that.
    One thing that helps is to do the SLDL's while standing on a platform or box. Otherwise, especially if you're using 45's, the barbell plates will hit the floor, making it impossible to go any lower, before you've gotten a full stretch. That will diminish the value of the exercise.

Aetolos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by BigJimSlade
    I know what you mean. I don't really feel any stress or anything on my hams when doing these, but trust me, they will be sore the next day if you do them right. In fact, I often have a hard time walking up or down stairs after these even though I don't really feel as though my hams are tired or anything.
    2005 PIAA Track & Field State Championships - Lane 4, here I come.

Go Eagles!

DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bump on the Romanian deads. I thought I was doing SLDLs but it turns out I was doing Romanian deads. You will definitely feel it your hams if you do this.

http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/250heavy.jsp

Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking

Originally posted by zackdarnell
    SLDL's
    GM's
    Pullthroughs
    Romanian deads
    Dimel deads

Those work great for my hams.
    IMO, leg curls should be an alternative to these!!!!!!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by V5RED [/i]
    [B]lets say ronnie is a pepperoni and sausage pizza

The crust is thick and firm, not too soft not too hard, just right to chew the cheese is thick and gooey but not sloppy and no oil pools the pepperonis and sausage bits are perfectly evenly spaced out and taste great the sauce is full of flavor and a perfect blend of tomato and spices
    but, covering the middle of the pizza in a circle that takes up half the pizza
    is a giant turd. Will you eat the pizza? or will you pick a pizza that has everything together even tho its not as amazing as the first pizza, because unlike the first pizza it has no turd on it
    a distended gut on an otherwise amazing phisique is like a giant turd on an otherwise perfect pizza [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tips fellas, i'll give those exercises a good seeing to!
    Get down with that thing

jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am surprised nobody mentioned glute ham raises
    "If you want to have something other people don't
    You have to do things other people won't."

www.avantlabs.com