hksdrager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hksdrager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hksdrager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

can i maintain a six pack and still build muscle?

i know this thread doesnt go here but didnt really know where to put it. can i keep my 5% bodyfat and still pack on more muscle? or is getting fat just part of the bulking phase?? thanks

moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In for pics of your 5% body fat.
    I ALWAYS rep back, just leave a link to one of your posts in the rep comment.

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hksdrager View Post
    i know this thread doesnt go here but didnt really know where to put it. can i keep my 5% bodyfat and still pack on more muscle? or is getting fat just part of the bulking phase?? thanks
    As you add weight, you are bound to add at least a little fat. Nothing wrong with that. It will be negligable if you don't add too much.

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

The answer is yes but it is relative to time. You can not move in two directions at one time. Either you want to concentrate on building muscle mass or you want to worry about bodyfat..And if you are in fact walking around at 5% b/f, strength, endurance and stamina may be a concern.

DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by moosecakes4all View Post
    In for pics of your 5% body fat.
    Ya, doubtful that your 5%. At that BF, your almost at contest condition, and also likely losing some muscle at the moment. Your body isn't made to stay at such a low BF for a lenghtly period of time.

But answer your question... if you don't want to take forever, yes, you will put on a measure of fat. How much is up to you. You could still probably maintain a six pack.
    Bench: 215x12 (17/12/2011) PR since torn RC

"Being the best in your circle is not enough; you have to think bigger to become a champion. Don’t think like a small fish in a big pond or else when you get to the ocean you’ll be eaten alive." - Fouad Abiad

"Proper preparation prevents poor performance," - Kai Greene

hksdrager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hksdrager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hksdrager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks guys for the response very good information just what i needed. no im not 5% but was just curious about cause i`m losing my fat now but i want to be bigger. My gut is just to big so im going to cut it and then try to get bigger thats why i was asking. thanks again

oh yea what if you intake your amount of macros but your calories didnt catch up for the day that your intake is supose to be? does that matter if you reach the goal for the day in macros? I`m guess it doesnt matter for losing but maintaining and bulking it does matter huh?

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    thanks guys for the response very good information just what i needed. no im not 5% but was just curious about cause i`m losing my fat now but i want to be bigger. My gut is just to big so im going to cut it and then try to get bigger thats why i was asking. thanks again

oh yea what if you intake your amount of macros but your calories didnt catch up for the day that your intake is supose to be? does that matter if you reach the goal for the day in macros? I`m guess it doesnt matter for losing but maintaining and bulking it does matter huh?
    Your question baffles me. If you make your goal in macros, which is measured by calories, how can you miss your goal in calories?

Remember 1g of carbs = 4 calories, 1g of protein = 4 calories, 1g of fat = 10 calories. There you have it.

xSeongminx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xSeongminx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xSeongminx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xSeongminx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xSeongminx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xSeongminx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xSeongminx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xSeongminx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xSeongminx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xSeongminx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xSeongminx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by brudman View Post
    Your question baffles me. If you make your goal in macros, which is measured by calories, how can you miss your goal in calories?

Remember 1g of carbs = 4 calories, 1g of protein = 4 calories, 1g of fat = 10 calories. There you have it.
    Repped for your second to last statement.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You can try this:

Short bulk/cut cycles: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...mass-gain.html

or this:

Recomping:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...tion-or-is-it/

but don't expect mass gains to be as fast as when you gain some fat

DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by brudman View Post

lol, x2. Hit your macros but miss your calories...?
    Bench: 215x12 (17/12/2011) PR since torn RC

"Being the best in your circle is not enough; you have to think bigger to become a champion. Don’t think like a small fish in a big pond or else when you get to the ocean you’ll be eaten alive." - Fouad Abiad

"Proper preparation prevents poor performance," - Kai Greene