Marvel89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marvel89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marvel89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marvel89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marvel89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marvel89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marvel89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marvel89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marvel89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marvel89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marvel89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Built to deadlift?

ok guys im struggling with finding a nuetral, solid deadlift pull.

apparently the best deadlifters are the ones with the longest arms and short torsos...i have never measured my arms but i think my wingspan is greater than my height or at least even. im not very tall about 5'10 my torso and legs are pretty much proportional.

deadlift stance: shoulder width with feet flared out a bit
    grip: slightly shorter than a thumb width out from legs (maybe inch and half?)

my problem is that i feel i sit back too far and it rounds my back. this is caused by having longer arms but shouldnt the bar be inline with my shoulder blades/traps with shoulders infront of the bar so my arms are almost drawing back and not vertical? i noticed that im not doing this, my shoulders are probly inline with the bar (not my traps) because of my arm length. my arms length cause me to sit back as i mentioned and i know theres no way i can just squat the weight off the floor. my lower back slightly rounds just at the butt but the rest of my back is pretty straight...

i tried mixing things up and starting a bit higher up but it was closer to a straight leg deadlift...so sitting back i find i strain my back but lifting off higher up it uses the lower back more without actually straining it but my waist wriggles and less leg activation and less strength.

so where is the balance? i thought came to an awesome revelation that i would simply widen my grip so i can be seated lower but still over the bar by shortening my arm length.

so if all the best deadlifters in the world have longer than usual arms why am i struggling so much with finding finding my setup? how do i find a nuetral deadlift that will give me most strength and saftey with normal legs/torso but long arms? does relation of the bar and the shoulders and the bar and traps apply for people with longer arms?

im desperate to find some answers so id appreciate any advice.
    Pain is temporary, Pride is forever.

HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Marvel89 View Post
    ok guys im struggling with finding a nuetral, solid deadlift pull.

apparently the best deadlifters are the ones with the longest arms and short torsos...i have never measured my arms but i think my wingspan is greater than my height or at least even. im not very tall about 5'10 my torso and legs are pretty much proportional.

deadlift stance: shoulder width with feet flared out a bit
    grip: slightly shorter than a thumb width out from legs (maybe inch and half?)

my problem is that i feel i sit back too far and it rounds my back. this is caused by having longer arms but shouldnt the bar be inline with my shoulder blades/traps with shoulders infront of the bar so my arms are almost drawing back and not vertical? i noticed that im not doing this, my shoulders are probly inline with the bar (not my traps) because of my arm length. my arms length cause me to sit back as i mentioned and i know theres no way i can just squat the weight off the floor. my lower back slightly rounds just at the butt but the rest of my back is pretty straight...

i tried mixing things up and starting a bit higher up but it was closer to a straight leg deadlift...so sitting back i find i strain my back but lifting off higher up it uses the lower back more without actually straining it but my waist wriggles and less leg activation and less strength.

so where is the balance? i thought came to an awesome revelation that i would simply widen my grip so i can be seated lower but still over the bar by shortening my arm length.

so if all the best deadlifters in the world have longer than usual arms why am i struggling so much with finding finding my setup? how do i find a nuetral deadlift that will give me most strength and saftey with normal legs/torso but long arms? does relation of the bar and the shoulders and the bar and traps apply for people with longer arms?

im desperate to find some answers so id appreciate any advice.

You say you round your back when attempting to deadlift. I think you lack some hamstring flexability. Try stretching your hams.

When deadlifting the bar should stay under your shoulders. Your arms should be vertical as you say.

Also to help activate the hams and glutes to prevent using your lower back. DONT lift the weight. Push your legs into the ground. This helps prevent the use of the lower back and activates your hams and glutes.

try first doing rack deadlifts, and increase your flexability.

I would also work on your posterior chain of muscles the glutes, hams and lower back.
    "In AUSTRALIA
    Each year there are 470 000 adverse events, 18 000 deaths, and 50 000 permanent disabilities arising from medical error and negligence each year. This is four times higher compared to the USA." (Second oppinion, GERMOV quote, page 293)

353 fatal car crashes were recorded on Australian roads in 2008 (RTA, 2008). You are 50 TIMES more likely to die from medical negligence from a DOCTOR compared to being fatally injured in a car crash and they say driving is dangerous.