CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000)

Metabolic typing...

? Eating according to your metabolic type is brutally simple, and I can't believe so many idiots keep saying that it's bull****.

Metabolic typing is nothing other than finding the right ratio of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates for your unique needs which change based on your racial or ethnic origin, what part of the world your parents originated from, and what your body's biological and environmental needs are.

--Paul Check
    (excerpt from a tnation article)

This intrigued me quite a bit and I'm curious to learn more to furthur tune my diet and make progressive changes, but there's minimal information about it on the interwebs.

Anyone know where I can learn more about this?

And If anyone has any opinions and/or comments about this topic, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CashmerePanda View Post
    ? Eating according to your metabolic type is brutally simple, and I can't believe so many idiots keep saying that it's bull****.

Metabolic typing is nothing other than finding the right ratio of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates for your unique needs which change based on your racial or ethnic origin, what part of the world your parents originated from, and what your body's biological and environmental needs are.

--Paul Check

This intrigued me quite a bit and I'm curious to learn more to furthur tune my diet and make progressive changes, but there's minimal information about it on the interwebs.

And If anyone has any opinions and/or comments about this topic, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
    IMO It's bull****.

Oh, im the idiot now

wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) wobemaster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tune your diet via trial and error. I think that classing people based on background or blood type etc is BS.

However there is individual differences, some people thrive on high carbs while others will have no energy and better with moderate or low, certain foods make some people bloated and others not etc etc
    Basically just note your response to different foods/macro compositions and eventually you'll find what doesnt work and what does work for you.

some decent reading: http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/...lictyping.html
    Hard Work + Consistency + Time = Results

CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000) CashmereKermit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by wobemaster View Post
    Tune your diet via trial and error. I think that classing people based on background or blood type etc is BS.

However there is individual differences, some people thrive on high carbs while others will have no energy and better with moderate or low, certain foods make some people bloated and others not etc etc
    Basically just note your response to different foods/macro compositions and eventually you'll find what doesnt work and what does work for you.

some decent reading: http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/...lictyping.html
    thanks for that link.

i think i've got it down for the most part... I've been at this for a while and know which foods "work" for me and those that simply just don't.

Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To find your metabolic type you will most likely have to pay someone to test you. My cousin does this and did me for free. Put me at low carb, med protein, high fat which i had already been doing for the past 2 months. I function better eating like this than i did while on higher carbs.

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think it is is BS myself. If you dont in it interests you use google and find the Niacin test. I forget the sepcifics but you take a certain dose of niacin and depending on how fast or if at all you skin gets flush, that will tell you how you should be eating.

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There's no science behind Metabolic Typing. It is indeed bull****. No two ways about it.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Ummmmm. T-nation.

JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuicyAnimal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There is a whole chapter that talks about this in Jillian Michaels book Winning By Losing.

Go to the book store and read it real quick.

Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    Ummmmm. T-nation.
    Well, it happened to be on tnation (broscience, etc, i know..) but it was taken from an interview with Paul Chek, who I think is a pretty interesting dude as well as his thoughts and ideas and the reason why I put emphasis on his words.

Originally Posted by SwiftyX View Post
    I think it is is BS myself. If you dont in it interests you use google and find the Niacin test. I forget the sepcifics but you take a certain dose of niacin and depending on how fast or if at all you skin gets flush, that will tell you how you should be eating.
    I've looked up the niacin test and I'm going to try it when I get the chance to do it, mainly out of curiousity. I'm quite certain im a "meat eater type," but i'd like to see what happens .

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    but it was taken from an interview with Paul Chek, who I think is a pretty interesting dude
    I hear ya, but you can say that about a lot of people who have really off the wall ideas....like Berardi. On paper his credentials are amazing, but take a look at some of the stuff he said about macronutrient partitioning, and he was adamant about this not too long ago, and you start to question whether appealing to authority is always beneficial.

Singularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I totally believe in metabolic typing. I lifted weights/bodybuilt for years (not a competitor). When I ate protein (branch chain amino acid pills or cans of tuna) and ate a lot of carbs, my muscles felt really good, but I would become ill: sleepy/tired/drowsy, blood pressure going to 160/00, stomach perpetually nauseated, sweating like crazy. Just going out of equilibrium. Tried to "eat myself back into equilibrium" by eating more carbs. Seemed to make it worse. Then, I saw metabolic typing: slow oxidizers (eat a lot of carbs) vs. fast-oxidizer (need carbs but also more fats and proteins). I TOTALLY SEE and understand now that I am a fast-oxidizer. So I put more fats into my diet: avocado, flax oil, fish oils and Omega 3-6-9 blends that have borage oil, sunflower oil, etc. Now, I feel better. I take 3 tablespoons a day. I would take more, but can't afford it and if you take too much, you could bleed. I am really not interested in all this Omega stuff. I just want my body to burn the oil as an alternative energy source. Eating too many carbs--especially when lifting weights, eating protein, causing my muscles to expand with more glycogen uptake--by themselves is just a total mistake.

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    I totally believe in metabolic typing. I lifted weights/bodybuilt for years (not a competitor). When I ate protein (branch chain amino acid pills or cans of tuna) and ate a lot of carbs, my muscles felt really good, but I would become ill: sleepy/tired/drowsy, blood pressure going to 160/00, stomach perpetually nauseated, sweating like crazy. Just going out of equilibrium. Tried to "eat myself back into equilibrium" by eating more carbs. Seemed to make it worse. Then, I saw metabolic typing: slow oxidizers (eat a lot of carbs) vs. fast-oxidizer (need carbs but also more fats and proteins). I TOTALLY SEE and understand now that I am a fast-oxidizer. So I put more fats into my diet: avocado, flax oil, fish oils and Omega 3-6-9 blends that have borage oil, sunflower oil, etc. Now, I feel better. I take 3 tablespoons a day. I would take more, but can't afford it and if you take too much, you could bleed. I am really not interested in all this Omega stuff. I just want my body to burn the oil as an alternative energy source. Eating too many carbs--especially when lifting weights, eating protein, causing my muscles to expand with more glycogen uptake--by themselves is just a total mistake.

*** Yes I'm overusing this pic. But it so fits these posts.
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler