Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squat Form Video Check- With some WEIGHT!!!

Thanks for all your help on my squat on the last thread. Since my form seemed to be good, i added some weight.

Here is me squating with some weight. I thought it was gunna be alot easier than it was...but i did start to pause at the bottom (after the first rep). I think im going to do this for a while because ive never been good with timing the stretch reflex thing- and im not squating for numbers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJNLIKc3lLg

- hips raising to fast?
    Going low enough?
    lower back rounding?
    Ass tucking to much?

I htought they looked fairly good (not as good as the ones with little weight...but fair.

thanks again
    Goal: Be strong as ****, and have the endurance to keep going.

Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would like to see you try your squating form on a real barbell rack... why is the barbell hanging from a cable? you are squating assisted and squating less than your bodyweight alone (example dip machine) since the weight on the cable pushes you right back up.

edit: I saw your other video on youtube, form looks good... i would go slower when you raise up, my bad knee cries when i see you spring back up and you hyperextend your legs so quickly.
    Last edited by Avila; 01-23-2007 at 05:30 PM. Reason: cause i want to.

Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    That's not ATG. That's a little below parallel. You really gotta slam you hamstrings against your calves, and I don't see that. But in terms of form, it looks great.

Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Switchblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by smj5351 View Post
    That's not ATG. That's a little below parallel. You really gotta slam you hamstrings against your calves, and I don't see that. But in terms of form, it looks great.
    go lower- ok. ill try- not sure how much lower i can go but Cant hurt to try

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    looks fine to me exactly how i squat... only problem you're doing is listening to the radio during weights, bad idea... advertisements arent great pump up motivation
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

Originally Posted by Avila View Post
    I would like to see you try your squating form on a real barbell rack... why is the barbell hanging from a cable? you are squating assisted and squating less than your bodyweight alone (example dip machine) since the weight on the cable pushes you right back up.

edit: I saw your other video on youtube, form looks good... i would go slower when you raise up, my bad knee cries when i see you spring back up and you hyperextend your legs so quickly.

That machine is called a pro spot- its assisted in thta it pulls up witha force of 10lbs- no more, sometimes less depending how fast you go up. The bar is 35 lbs, so i just say its a 25 lb bar and go from there- so its about 170lbs (2 35's, 2 25's, 4 5's, 2 2.5's, 25 lb bar) which is 30 lbs over my BW. I decided to use the 35's because the 45's covered my form up.

i did go to slow though- used to much weight- thanks for pointin that out.

Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    looks fine to me exactly how i squat... only problem you're doing is listening to the radio during weights, bad idea... advertisements arent great pump up motivation
    lol- pisses me off when im about to start, and the song is just finishing- BUt i NEED to squat- no time to change the radio

RippedRebeL is just really nice. (+1000) RippedRebeL is just really nice. (+1000) RippedRebeL is just really nice. (+1000) RippedRebeL is just really nice. (+1000) RippedRebeL is just really nice. (+1000) RippedRebeL is just really nice. (+1000) RippedRebeL is just really nice. (+1000) RippedRebeL is just really nice. (+1000) RippedRebeL is just really nice. (+1000) RippedRebeL is just really nice. (+1000) RippedRebeL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by smj5351 View Post
    Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
    go lower- ok. ill try- not sure how much lower i can go but Cant hurt to try
    Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    Dude, thats atg. Who the hell would actually SLAM their hams against their calves. You risk serious injury or something going terribly wrong.

Swithblade you were low enough.

Advertisements ay be good pump up motivation for him who knows.
    **I move away from the mic. to flex**

Kuhl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kuhl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kuhl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kuhl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kuhl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kuhl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kuhl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No dude you are going low enough, but do go slower and whenever you start using more weight don't bounce when you get to the top control your ascent very precisely. If you go lower you put more strain on your knees (ligaments, capsules) and less on the actual muscles (which of course isn't what you want to do). Be careful from who you take advice from. Know why someone wants you to go lower or stand in a different stance. Don't be complacent with your body and good luck.

Originally Posted by Kuhl View Post
    No dude you are going low enough, but do go slower and whenever you start using more weight don't bounce when you get to the top control your ascent very precisely. If you go lower you put more strain on your knees (ligaments, capsules) and less on the actual muscles (which of course isn't what you want to do). Be careful from who you take advice from. Know why someone wants you to go lower or stand in a different stance. Don't be complacent with your body and good luck.
    You know, i didnt even realize i was bouncing at the top, unitl i watched myself- strange what you see yourself do on camera.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    looks pretty good...u dont need to go any lower, lol
    "Humility comes before honor"

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am a huge proponent of true ATG: however, you must look at each body individually:

if I were training Switchblade, I would NOT have him going any lower than he is: for his leg length/knee type, etc, I believe that what he is doing IS ATG for him!

Switch: your form is EXCELLENT!

don't worry about the assisted part of it....IRRELEVANT.....you are working those squats very very well........

whether it is 10 more or less or even 20 more or less is again, irrelevant: as long as you continue to progress is all that matters.......

if your weight goes up 20 pounds and you do the same amount of reps in the manner which you have demonstrated, then, you have made progress regardless of what the weight actually is or isn't.....
    Last edited by JOHN GARGANI; 01-24-2007 at 04:06 AM.

Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    I am a huge proponent of true ATG: however, you must look at each body individually:

if I were training Switchblade, I would NOT have him going any lower than he is: for his leg length/knee type, etc, I believe that what he is doing IS ATG for him!

Switch: your form is EXCELLENT!

don't worry about the assisted part of it....IRRELEVANT.....you are working those squats very very well........

whether it is 10 more or less or even 20 more or less is again, irrelevant: as long as you continue to progress is all that matters.......

if your weight goes up 20 pounds and you do the same amount of reps in the manner which you have demonstrated, then, you have made progress regardless of what the weight actually is or isn't.....
    i think i get what your saying- better to use good form than not, and as long as your increasing you shouldnt worry.

thanks for posting

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    YEP! you understood my point!

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)
    hmmm, it looks like that machine is messin you up. your squats would probably look alot better with freeweight.

btw thats how low i go on squats, dont worry about whats considered ATG and not...shut up and squat!
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RippedRebeL View Post
    Dude, thats atg. Who the hell would actually SLAM their hams against their calves. You risk serious injury or something going terribly wrong.
    No ****. When your hams come in contact with your calves the force acts like a crowbar prying apart your kneecap.
    I don't know either lol

Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dont rest at the bottom of the squat like that, its puts way 2 much pressure on the knees...It should be a smooth up and down movement, no rest at the bottom, but no bounce either
    Pain is simply weakness leaving the body

Squat: 485

Front Squat: 325 (haven't maxed recently)

Deadlift: 500

Clean: 315x3

Split Jerk: 285

Snatch: 225x2

I thought when your at the bottom, the pressure is on your hips mostly?

chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good form jus need to keep ur chest in the air when ascending and stop using ur back...power the movement thru ur legs..... u tend to lean forward when ascending..good luck!!!