Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

$.$.$. Official misc. Finance crew $.$.$.

If you're interested in joining, shoot me a pm to let me know. I'll put you on the roster. Also if you want, tell me what school you attended (or are attending) and your major/minor, or if you work in the finance industry...

The Crew

Benny__Blanco: Inspiration for the formation of the Misc. Finance Crew!

FGCUCody: Florida Gulf Coast University; Major in Finance, Minor in Economics

\G/:Charles Sturt University; Bachelor of Business Finance, Joint Study in Financial Planning

StanDarsh: Economics Major; Focus on Finance

bdaswat: University of Pittsburg ALUMNI; Financial Analyst

nickk: Economics Major; Focus on Finance

DONJUANPIMPIN: St. Johns University; Accounting and Taxation

Langonelives: Texas Tech University; Finance Major

skullcrusher45: Baylor University; Finance Major, Accounting Concentration

DontTreadOnMe: Finance Major

Westboarder: Self-Taught Trader

cheezile: SDSU; Economics Major, Statistics Minor

ex3e1989: Monash University; Finance Major, Aerospace Engineering Study; Works with Off-Market Share Transfers

Icicle: New York University; Economics Major

JSP: Texas Tech University; Economics Major

bb4life123: Junior Economist; Investment Banking Associate

xerik126x: University of Connecticut; Finance Major, Economics Minor

Mangos: Sonoma State; Finance Major, Economics Minor

DangerDan: Austin Community College; Interested in Finance Major

supacrazymonkey: Baruch College; Accounting Major; Interested in Finance

MaximusPlatypus: Honorary Red Finance Crew Member

NRAFL: University of Central Florida; Finance Major, Economics Minor

manletman: Diablo Valley College; Finance, Accounting

SICWITH1T: University of Houston; Finance Major

Jumara3: FGCU; Finance Major

Sflogic: San Francisco State University; Financial Services, Corporate Finance

Economics: Harvard, Economics Major

Sach: UT Dallas, MS Finance, Financial Engineering

Chynaman: Grand Valley State University, Double Major Econ/Finance

Exa: Finance Major, Investor

Jumpman023: University of Oregon; Accounting, Finance

Dave P: Cal-State Long Beach Undergrad Business Economics Major, Graduate school Santa Clara University; Current business owner.

M1canes29: Finance, Corporate Accounting

Gotspeed22: James Madison University Economics Major with Finance Concentration

Crease1234: Masters in Economics, Financial Economics Advanced Cert., Passed CFA, Investments

Stephano5: University of New South Wales, Bachelor of Commerce,

Sawastea: University of Florida, Finance, Economics, International Business, University of Connecticut, MBA, Director of Finance for PepsiCo.

McGillacutty: Ohio State University; Finance Major, Economics Minor

AreYouSerial: Ryerson University, Finance Major

Ccounts54: South Carolina ALUMNI, Finance and Management Major, Cash management for a Fortune 500 Company

SproX: Finance, Insurance, Risk Analysis, Law; CFA Candidate

Nick1990: San Diego State, Biz Admin

Incinerated: Ryerson, Double Major Finance, Economics

Sohard88: California State Northridge, Economics Major

Nsholt: University of Missouri, Personal Finance Major, Business Admin Minor

CinciBoy23: University of Cincinnati, Finance Major

Big-Dave: Brigham Young ALUMNI, Management, Finance, Morgan Stanley, Wealth Management

Ragingcrayon: Rutgers ALUMNI, BA Economics, MBA Finance, Series 7, 66 (65+63), Manages a back office group at a bank.

Always_eating: Finance and Investments Major

Also, rankings will be determined later, and posted later as well...

Good Finance Links

www.online.wsj.com (Wall Street Journal)
    www.kiplinger.com (Kiplinger Online)
    www.careers-in-finance.com (Information on Finance Careers)
    www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums (Forum with Some Finance Professionals)
    www.google.com/finance (Google Finance)
    www.finance.senate.gov/ (United States Senate Committee on Finance)

$$$ If you have any resources that would be helpful for finance students or anything else important (finance related) post it in the thread asking for it to be put in the OP. $$$[/b]

Last edited by sawastea; 09-23-2009 at 06:59 AM.

240Z will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240Z will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240Z will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240Z will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240Z will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240Z will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240Z will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240Z will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240Z will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240Z will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240Z will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1st

edit: woooooo made it

doubt this thread will become big though

FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I will update the OP when people start finding their way in..

picartman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) picartman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) picartman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) picartman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) picartman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) picartman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) picartman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) picartman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) picartman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) picartman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) picartman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    3st.

former 6'2 130lber MaximusPlatypus's Avatar
    MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hai gaize, currently reading through some chapters for Accounting class tomorrow morning

Originally Posted by MaximusPlatypus View Post
    Hai gaize, currently reading through some chapters for Accounting class tomorrow morning
    Saturday?

StanDarsh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StanDarsh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StanDarsh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StanDarsh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StanDarsh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StanDarsh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StanDarsh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StanDarsh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StanDarsh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StanDarsh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StanDarsh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Econ major with a focus on finance. In.
    Misc Finance Crew

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the Misc, General of the Cell-Tech Legions, loyal servant to the true mod, Ryan DeLuca. Father to a negged son, husband to a banned wife. And I will have my vengeance, on this account or the next.

\G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1st Page.
    [$$$]MISC. FINANCE CREW[$$$]
    ( ' ' ' ) MISC. RUGBY CREW ( ' ' ' )

"Life always works out for me because I do whatever the hell I want without worrying about the consequences" - Tucker Max.

"I have learned life's most valuable lessons for free underneath a barbell"

Registered User SUMTINGVEWYWONG's Avatar
    SUMTINGVEWYWONG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SUMTINGVEWYWONG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SUMTINGVEWYWONG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SUMTINGVEWYWONG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SUMTINGVEWYWONG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SUMTINGVEWYWONG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SUMTINGVEWYWONG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SUMTINGVEWYWONG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SUMTINGVEWYWONG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SUMTINGVEWYWONG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SUMTINGVEWYWONG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    first page
    Studying for NASM CPT
    R.I.P. ssj4veggeto1008

Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    any guise post in wallstreetoasis?

7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Sup. I get the money magazine.
    Sent from my iPhone

.Slaves Shall Serve.

→ Aussie Pride !!

If you're interested, post school and major (for first post w/ member list)

MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by FGCUCody View Post
    Saturday?
    Yes, then Professional Report Writing after. Overcrowded University + signing up 2 weeks before class FTL

\G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by fuuuuuuuuu View Post
    1st

edit: woooooo made it

doubt this thread will become big though
    I don't see why it shouldn't it will just turn into a chat thread eventually. I said it in the other thread but I am more than happy to help out first and second year finance student where possible so why not?

I will update the OP when people start finding their way in..
    Topics on the agenda:

- Vote for logo to go in our sig.

- Is this crew exclusive or can you multi-crew?

- What will our ranks be? Are they based on:
    . 1) Achievement in Finance?
    . 2) Join Date?
    . 3) Rep Power?

- Will post if I think of any more.

Currentley writing a paper on my two least favorite topics in finance. Currency swaps and interest rate swaps FML.
    Last edited by \G/; 09-18-2009 at 11:42 PM.

"Life always works out for me because I do whatever the hell I want without worrying about the consequences" - Tucker Max.

Yes, then Professional Report Writing after. Overcrowded University + signing up 2 weeks before class FTL
    Ahh I see... I don't even have Friday classes this semester

Originally Posted by \G/ View Post
    I don't see why it shouldn't it will just turn into a chat thread eventually. I said it in the other thread but I am more than happy to help out first and second year finance student where possible so why not?

Topics on the agenda:

- Vote for logo to go in our sig.

- Is this crew exclusive or can you multi-crew?

- What will our ranks be? Are they based on:
    -Achievement in Finance.
    - Join Date.
    - Will post if I think of any more.
    I say we make it as democratic as possible... We can vote on "officers", and give other "ranks" according to Finance Crew join date...

Also, I think 1 crew is enough, but that's just me.

Ahh I see... I don't even have Friday classes this semester
    I only have classes one day a week (thursday). U mad?

I only have classes one day a week (thursday). U mad?
    Super mad...

I say we make it as democratic as possible... We can vote on "officers", and give other "ranks" according to Finance Crew join date...

Also, I think 1 crew is enough, but that's just me.
    Sounds good, but I think some recognition should be given to people real-world achievements in finance also.

I also think OP from the misc finance unite thread should be given recognition as founder or some other office of note.

Super mad...
    Now that I have enjoyed that reaction I will tell you that in reality this is FML. The reason I have only 1 day a week is because the small size of my uni is forcing me to study everything by correspondance. Top that off with the fact that I am taking 5 subjects (I think you guys call that 40 credits - but I'm not sure) and I am buried 24/7 and I don't even have any hot first year students to perve on... because I am studying at home.

Like I said. FML.
    Last edited by \G/; 09-18-2009 at 11:48 PM.

WerenotScared is just really nice. (+1000) WerenotScared is just really nice. (+1000) WerenotScared is just really nice. (+1000) WerenotScared is just really nice. (+1000) WerenotScared is just really nice. (+1000) WerenotScared is just really nice. (+1000) WerenotScared is just really nice. (+1000) WerenotScared is just really nice. (+1000) WerenotScared is just really nice. (+1000) WerenotScared is just really nice. (+1000) WerenotScared is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sup?

Sounds good, but I think some recognition should be given to people real-world achievements in finance also.

I also think OP from the misc finance unite thread should be given recognition as founder or some other office of note.

Now that I have enjoyed that reaction I will tell you that in reality this is FML. The reason I have only 1 day a week is because the small size of my uni is forcing me to study everything by correspondance. Top that off with the fact that I am taking 5 subjects (I think you guys call that 40 credits - but I'm not sure) and I am buried 24/7 and I don't even have any hot first year students to perve on... because I am studying at home.

Like I said. FML.
    Definately OP from the other thread will be some sort of officer. I think "real-life" financial achievements should be posted in the first post (with the roster) rather than a position.

And I'm taking 5 classes which = 16 credits.

Definately OP from the other thread will be some sort of officer. I think "real-life" financial achievements should be posted in the first post (with the roster) rather than a position.

And I'm taking 5 classes which = 16 credits.
    We call the point not credits. And I got 40 of em, lol. Whats a standard (full-time) study load there?
    Last edited by \G/; 09-18-2009 at 11:56 PM.

We call the point not credits. And I got 40 of em, lol. Whats a standard study load there?
    Most people take 4 or 5 classes... I think. I've taken 5 every semester thus far.

Most people take 4 or 5 classes... I think. I've taken 5 every semester thus far.
    Here it is rare for anyone to take more than 4, and I got 5... so yeah that is my problem not yours. At any rate, PM sent with my details to include in the OP.

Here it is rare for anyone to take more than 4, and I got 5... so yeah that is my problem not yours. At any rate, PM sent with my details to include in the OP.
    Done.

Done for tonight, will check pms and update tomorrow. Later everyone...

Few quotes that go with the theme...

What's considered enough money? Just a little bit more.
    -Will Rogers
    If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars.
    -J. Paul Getty
    A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking about real money.
    -Everett Dirksen

quotes from: http://www.stta-consulting.com/jokes/jokes.htm

Morning Finance Misc'ers

miscing before 7hrs of class, feels bad man

miscing before 7hrs of class, feels bad man
    Sucks huh... Why are you red?

Sucks huh... Why are you red?
    mod neg for a parody thread in IFBB section... other than that thread I'm a legit poster 99.8% of the time

over and out finance crew