BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000)

List of Estrogen Foods and Testosterone Foods

Hi there, the following is taken from http://www.dogtorj.net/id45.html and shows a list of estrogen foods. The worrying thing is that they list oats, eggs and flax among these foods!!!

Estrogens in Food

Now, here is a chart from a Website showing foods high in estrogens and those that block estrogen. Keep in mind the difference between lignans and isoflavones. The use of high estrogen foods-especially those rich in glutamate- should be reconsidered in formulating the ultimate diet for the epileptic or those suffering from excitotoxin-related disorders as we know that estrogens are inflammatory and sensitize neurons to the action of glutamate (e.g. catamenial seizures, PMS).

I posted this chart mainly to help people see that the main "trouble foods"- gluten grains (wheat, barley, rye), dairy, and soy- are all in the estrogen-rich list. As you read more about what researchers are finding concerning the difference between lignans and isoflavones, you will see the war that is going on in our bodies between good and bad estrogens, paralleling the one raging between good and bad lectins.

Here's the site:

http://www.holisticonline.com/Remedi...d_estrogen.htm

Here's the chart:

Foods Containing Natural Estrogens

Note: Those is bold are also RICH in glutamate.

Alfalfa
    Animal flesh
    Anise seed
    Apples
    Baker's yeast
    Barley
    Beets
    Carrots
    Cherries
    Chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
    Clover
    Cowpeas (black- eyed peas)
    Cucumbers
    Dairy Foods
    Dates
    Eggs
    Eggplant
    Fennel
    Flaxseeds
    Garlic
    Hops
    Licorice
    Oats
    Olive oil
    Olives
    Papaya
    Parsley
    Peas
    Peppers
    Plums
    Pomegranates
    Potatoes
    Pumpkin
    Red beans
    Red clover
    Rhubarb
    Rice (relatively high)
    Sage
    Sesame seeds
    Soybean sprouts
    Soybeans
    Split peas
    Sunflower seeds
    Tomatoes
    Wheat
    Yams

Estrogen Inhibiting Foods

If you are suffering from breast cancer, PMS, fibroids, ovarian cysts, and other situations that estrogen might exacerbate, the following estrogen inhibiting foods might be of interest to you.

Berries
    Broccoli
    Buckwheat
    Cabbage
    Citrus Foods
    Corn
    Figs
    Fruits (except apples, cherries, dates, pomegranates)
    Grapes
    Green beans
    Melons
    Millet
    Onions
    Pears
    Pineapples
    Squashes
    Tapioca
    White rice
    White flour Now, this is really cool! Why would wheat be on the list of estrogen-rich foods while white flour is on the list of estrogen-blocking foods? Doesn't make sense right? Actually, it DOES and illustrates a VERY important point. What do you get when you add water to white flour? Glue/ paste, right? What have I been saying about gluten again...it is "glue" and it does coat and stick to the villi of the duodenum. In this case, it coats the villi and blocks the absorption of the ESTROGENS in the food. Now, how cool is that?

When I saw this site a couple of years ago, I had another "revelation". Even the bad things have a purpose. In this case, the "glues" in the bad foods (gluten grains, dairy, and soy) don't just block the absorption of essential nutrients (and drugs). They also help block the bad things in these trouble foods, like the estrogens and goitrogens....antinutrients, like those found in soy. (Errrrrh.)

Whodathunkit? Yin and yang even applies to food. [Smile]

DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sorry for being a dick here, but how is it relevant? the amount of foods you would have to eat daily to reach any kind of effect of any of them is obscene.

tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yup I would have to agree; thanks for the list and the effort nevertheless. I just don't think you'll suffer from any unwanted estrogen side effects if you drink a glass of soy milk now and again or eat an apple or two a week... Even if that is not the case, I won't avoid apples, eggs and meat or lower my consumption of the mentioned foods. It hasn't hurt me so far and I'll take my chances for the future.

gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i dont understand how body builders grow at all considering many of the foods in the estrogen rich list are staples of most bbers diets!

it boggles the mind doesnt it
    >>aussie supp misc family<<

DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gonna_be_big View Post
    i dont understand how body builders grow at all considering many of the foods in the estrogen rich list are staples of most bbers diets!

it boggles the mind doesnt it
    Whey Protein made me grow a vagina

birchmen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) birchmen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) birchmen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DominicN View Post
    Hah!

gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DominicN View Post
    ohhh so thats what your blaming that birth defect on?
    >>aussie supp misc family<<

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    IMO if you are a male and have a functioning liver, this is a waste of time.

the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000)
    I only drink soymilk and eat tofu like its my job and I assure you i dont have a vagina and would in fact consider myself pretty strong. bull **** list.

bdonalds is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdonalds is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdonalds is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdonalds is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdonalds is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdonalds is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdonalds is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdonalds is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdonalds is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdonalds is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdonalds is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by the59sound View Post
    I only drink soymilk and eat tofu like its my job and I assure you i dont have a vagina and would in fact consider myself pretty strong. bull **** list.
    Pic or it didn't not happen!
    Go Blackhawks!

BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000)
    thats a relief then. I thought I would post that up to get you guys opinions! Always interesting to read these things, but hell, egggs and meat etc just cant be bad for you!