ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Attention! Experienced Competitors!

What is the first thing someone needs to do or know to get started on a path to
    compete,who has never competed before?

(your one or two most valuable advice)

What type of shape do you need to be in when you first decide to compete?

How many months of training?

And what is the difference between on season and off season?

Thank You!

-Deb
    Just do whatever the **** you wanna do.

kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000)
    #1-develop your "base" because when you diet for a show, you're bound to loose some muscle. #2-make your choice to compete a solid commitment because when you get closer to the show, your mind will play tricks on you and try to make you drop out-lol! Keep moving forward!
    kathyfit
    NGA Figure Pro
    Bikini Universe Classic 2006-1st
    Figure Universe Classic 2010-1st
    Team Tight Curves

pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ladymystique View Post

Thank You!

-Deb
    I'll be doing my first competition on November 8th. I started working out pretty hard core in in April and started training in July. I am not seeing quite the results that I wanted to see by now but I'm down to 8 weeks to go so I'm in the hardcore diet and workout regime. Hopefully I'll be where I want to be by then! Good luck to you! When do you plan on competing?

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Diet is the most influential part of physique augmentation.

Don't compete 'just for the experience', do it when you're ready to present a stage worthy physique.

That depends - what do you want to compete in? Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure? Muscle density and leanness vary depending on federation and discipline.

For what? I have been training for the better part of a decade. I suggest getting some muscle maturity before cutting down for a show.

Thank You!

-Deb
    On season is contest prep - the time of year you are cutting down to contest shape. This is all about fat loss.

Off season is when you are not dieting - this is the time to add mass to your frame and improve lagging parts and symmetry, since you can't add quality muscle while cutting.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

Registered User fitnessprincess's Avatar
    fitnessprincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessprincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessprincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessprincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessprincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go and see a show so you can better understand what figure is all about. It is about much, much more than dieting. Then decide whether or not you want to go down this path - it is a lot of work and expensive time and money-wise but a hell of a lot of fun! You will need to learn how to pose (depending on the federation you will do a model or T-walk as well as quarter turns), tan, do make up. You will need to purchase a figure suit. You will need to craft a physique that fits the figure model - X shape is the best description. So go and see what it is about and then craft a plan that will take you to the stage. Many competitors choose to get a coach who can help them with diet, workouts, posing, etc.

What type of shape do you need to be in when you first decide to compete? You should assess your physique against those with whom you will compete and then you can answer this question. It takes time and effort to develop a stage-ready physique. That said you can start out and do bikini (less muscle required) and get the lay of the land. An important point in this is to figure out in what federation you plan to compete. NPC, OCB, INBF, Fitness America all reward different physiques so you need to decide where you fit. How? look at competition photos posted on the internet, go to shows, ask!

How many months of training? Again tough to answer I have no idea what you look like - what your physique is like. Could take 6-mos could require two years to be truly stage-worthy.

And what is the difference between on season and off season? Don't like this question. If you are smart you won't get into this thinking you are going to diet down and then gorge yourself and then diet down again. Simply not healthy. Simply not possible. Alot girls do serious damage to themselves because they approach competition with this mindset. Best to stay within 10-lb of your competition weight year round and learn to live/eat healthy!