arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How doe your close grip compare to normal bench?

I can normal bench 135 for 5 reps
    Close grip 120 for 5 reps.

Are my tris holding me back?

Thanks

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No you're fine. My close grip is much lighter than what I bench.

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    your pecs could be holding you back.
    "i just might fade into Bolivian" ~ MIKE TYSON

PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: How doe your close grip compare to normal bench?

Originally posted by arbit
    I can normal bench 135 for 5 reps
    Close grip 120 for 5 reps.

Are my tris holding me back?

Thanks
    Most people cannot lift as much with close-grip benches as they can with regular benches. It's just inherent in the nature of the exercises, not necessarily an indicator of any particular muscle weaknesses. It's sort of like the difference between dumbell benches and barbell benches, with most people being able to push more weight with barbells.

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)
    i can bench about as much close grip as wider grip, but my triceps are pretty strong, is this even possible ??

i think i gonna max out today on bench, it's been a while anyway

raindog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by midian
    i can bench about as much close grip as wider grip, but my triceps are pretty strong, is this even possible ??

Sure it's possible.
    I have long arms and keeping the motion compact and close in keeps it all arms. It takes a lot to unwind my arms and push a lot of weight for me. If you have avg. chest strength and strong tri's it may be close to the same weight. It may also be that your closed grip may not be close enough together in that case you may be still using your chest. One guy's view……PEACE

ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Mine is alittle off, I did a set of 6 on 315 the other day on close grip, and then on chest day did a set of 365 for 6 so about 50 lbs.

arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) arbit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by ROCK CRUSHER
    your pecs could be holding you back.
    Is it my pecs or my tris/delts
    My normal bench is very low, and close grip almost equal to normal.

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    are you weak or get stuck on the bottom of your bench?

I am weak and I get stuck just below middle I guess

DerekW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A good idea may be to exhaust your triceps with pully push downs, lying extentions, ect. Then go directly and quickly to bench pressing. So that your chest has do most of the work, since the triceps have been pre exhausted.

Originally posted by arbit
    I am weak and I get stuck just below middle I guess
    just as i though your pecs are holding your bench back

strengthen the bottom of your bench and your numbers will go way up.

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    well
    my close grip is about 10 lbs behind my regular grip bench
    I thought that was a little odd so I posted about this before and found it wasn't that uncommon

Originally posted by ROCK CRUSHER
    just as i though your pecs are holding your bench back

strengthen the bottom of your bench and your numbers will go way up.
    Hey Thanks man, I was under the impression my tris were the weak point. How do I strengthen the bottom of the bench?

being weak on the bottom is not a bad thing if you bench with a shirt but if you don't........

wide grip bench - light weight/sets of 6 reps/pause on the bottom.

flat db presses - pause on the bottom (i bet your press is weak)

those 2 will help a the bottom of your bench. since your not a PL'er i won't talk about bar speed and lats.

bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000)

Arrow

My close grip bench isn't too far off from my regular bench.
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/bluehazard/

LG Psarm/Anadraulic State Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113518011