Fatassing it to 200. lastlieutenant's Avatar
    lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Popped Shoulder Out of Socket..what to do?

So yesterday while playing intramural flag football I made an epic diving 'tackle' and saved the game (not really, we won 54-0). But in the process I landed on my shoulder and popped it out of the socket. I popped it back in and didnt have any trouble the rest of the game. Managed to keep playing and everything.

I still have full range of motion. There really isnt much to it, but some ways I move it there is a little bit of pain. Nothing major. I didnt feel a thing after 400mg of advil yesterday.

So I'm wondering is it cool to do chest today? I might just limit it to light free weights and machines. Or do you guys think it's better to just take a day off? Idk much about these injuries.
    Lift Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard.

MuscleBeats.com - Music. Motivation.

Getting stronger every day.

.Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You popped your shoulder out, had to take a pain killer( assuming), and ask if you should do a chest day the next day, hmm treat it as a rest day, listen to your body.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Xchubbykid View Post
    You popped your shoulder out, had to take a pain killer( assuming), and ask if you should do a chest day the next day, hmm treat it as a rest day, listen to your body.
    I think that's what I'll do. Just seeing if other people have had a similar experience and what they did about it.

JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd take a week off (you might find it overkill), JUST in case. You don't wanna end up ****ing up your shoulder and needing surgery because you didn't take this precaution.

.Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Arete. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Never done it personally, but when i get injured i rest and start again, but then again sometimes if its not to bad you have to get on with it, completely contradicted myself i know lol
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Bydded_Gryf is just really nice. (+1000) Bydded_Gryf is just really nice. (+1000) Bydded_Gryf is just really nice. (+1000) Bydded_Gryf is just really nice. (+1000) Bydded_Gryf is just really nice. (+1000) Bydded_Gryf is just really nice. (+1000) Bydded_Gryf is just really nice. (+1000) Bydded_Gryf is just really nice. (+1000) Bydded_Gryf is just really nice. (+1000) Bydded_Gryf is just really nice. (+1000) Bydded_Gryf is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would take it easy for a week or so...

callm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not the same injury but i went in for a chest day yesterday with a bad shoulder and every exercise killed it. Came home after 20 minutes and im just resting and icing it now.

Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah happened to me twice during football, but i was just too scared to pop it back in. Give it a day or 2 and you'll be fine.

KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I did something like that once, but it was actually my ankle the I ****ed up. I was playing an EPIC game of kickball on the last day of school, I dove for home plate, I don't know how it messed up my ankle but it did. I felt pain, and could barely walk like 3+ weeks into summer after that.

Yes very serious.

I'd take a week off, or at least 3 days to see how it feels after that. I'd rather take a couple days to a week off rather than ****ing it up even more and needing surgery and taking months off.
    Kansas Misc Crew
    6k+ Crew
    Chiefs - Royals - Sporting KC

MSWL_dank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MSWL_dank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MSWL_dank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MSWL_dank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MSWL_dank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have popped my shoulder completely out of place before and popped it back in by pulling, i still go to the gym (4-day split) and dont really have problems except for ROM on shoulder days but mainly only when i do military press and rear-deltoid flyes...hope this helps and a joint-care supplement wouldnt hurt along with extra milk for the calcium
    It always seems as if you have come far if you are looking behind you, but look ahead, towards your destination and see how close you are getting.

FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do legs instead of chest. Simple.
    *Misc Surgeon*--*Admin neg survivor*

Don't have $100 squat shoes and a 10 cent squat - Louie Simmons
    You go looking for the Shaolin temple, the Shaolin temple doesn't go looking for you - Louie Simmons

Originally Posted by FatalTragedy12 View Post
    Do legs instead of chest. Simple.
    Not a bad idea

Ya this **** has gotten way worse. Constant pain even under 600mg of advil. I'm going to see what's up.

jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    pop it back in
    my friend did it and shes fine
    or go to a chiropractor

youngarab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngarab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngarab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngarab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngarab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngarab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngarab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngarab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngarab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngarab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) youngarab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you took one for the team lol!

Originally Posted by jimmybody View Post
    pop it back in
    my friend did it and shes fine
    or go to a chiropractor
    I did..but it still ****ing kills.

Originally Posted by youngarab View Post
    you took one for the team lol!
    Ya I did haha. It was stupid as hell! lol Especially considering its intramural flag football

drewhill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drewhill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drewhill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drewhill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drewhill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drewhill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drewhill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drewhill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drewhill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drewhill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drewhill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by lastlieutenant View Post
    So yesterday while playing intramural flag football I made an epic diving 'tackle' and saved the game (not really, we won 54-0). But in the process I landed on my shoulder and popped it out of the socket. I popped it back in and didnt have any trouble the rest of the game. Managed to keep playing and everything.

I still have full range of motion. There really isnt much to it, but some ways I move it there is a little bit of pain. Nothing major. I didnt feel a thing after 400mg of advil yesterday.

So I'm wondering is it cool to do chest today? I might just limit it to light free weights and machines. Or do you guys think it's better to just take a day off? Idk much about these injuries.
    i wouldnt work out chest aleast a week, bro. to stay on the safe side, u dont wanna f**k up your shoulder

BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BanjoTheBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Let me tell you out of personal experience that the shoulder sucks a** when you dislocate it, i had the first day experience where i dislocated it and popped it back in place and didn't feel anything (remember your body is dumping adrenaline into your bloodstream)
    I had to take it easy lifting for about a week and had to go through shoulder rehab for the next couple weeks.
    ***Best things you can do, RICE, trust me it will shorten recovery time by about a week or so, and take anti inflams every couple hours(8 hours or so) and keep off weightlifting don't worry about it, injuries suck but are only temporary, FOCUS ALL ENERGY ON GETTING BETTER/REHAB****

jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    maybe you didnt pop it in right
    go on youtube or google

Originally Posted by BanjoTheBear2 View Post
    Let me tell you out of personal experience that the shoulder sucks a** when you dislocate it, i had the first day experience where i dislocated it and popped it back in place and didn't feel anything (remember your body is dumping adrenaline into your bloodstream)
    I had to take it easy lifting for about a week and had to go through shoulder rehab for the next couple weeks.
    ***Best things you can do, RICE, trust me it will shorten recovery time by about a week or so, and take anti inflams every couple hours(8 hours or so) and keep off weightlifting don't worry about it, injuries suck but are only temporary, FOCUS ALL ENERGY ON GETTING BETTER/REHAB****
    Ya I'm going to be icing a lot. Also I'm going to hit up legs today so atleast I'm doing something.

Chommer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chommer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chommer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chommer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chommer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chommer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chommer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chommer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chommer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chommer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chommer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    take a week off and just do rotater cuff exercises.

FreezeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreezeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreezeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreezeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreezeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreezeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreezeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreezeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreezeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreezeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreezeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JZT View Post
    I'd take a week off (you might find it overkill), JUST in case. You don't wanna end up ****ing up your shoulder and needing surgery because you didn't take this precaution.
    I couldn't agree more.
    - Currently Lurking
    - Currently Bulking
    - Always Willing To Chat

-FreezeMuscle-